ForumsGamesAnything Elder Scrolls

99 18217
Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Put anything related to an Elder Scrolls game here. Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim. And you can talk about the DLCs.

• 99 Replies
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Could it be you figure Oblivion's to be too short because you are also counting the Shovelquests of Skyrim when performing faction quests?

I never played Skyrim so me saying that the quests in oblivion are short are all based on me playing oblivion and what I think.

The glitches are what Bethesda games are all the fun for. I play Skyrim and Oblivion just for the fun in discovering new and fun glitches, (well, not just for the glitches, but they are really fun).

Some glitches are alright but the problem is the ones that are completely game breaking or make certain aspects pointless. Such as Fathis Ules not being able to sell thieves guild members. This particularly sucks because with Mercantile skill this guy can carry over 2100 gold making any deadric weapon you sell give you the best money.

Also some gamebreaking glitches like certain quests that can't both be done. And the thieves guild end quest that will never leave the cutscene. Another problem is if Amusei is stuck in sneak mode and has to offer you a message and it takes him forever to reach you.
I just don't get why the patches didn't fix these problems. Instead they fix the only exploitable glitches you can do like duplicating weapons and flying with objects
Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

By glitches, I mean exploits. Sorry for the mistake.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

There is a ring glitch that lets you wear many rings but I didn't use it until I beat the game. But it is awesome.

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr261/dirtbaggy/My%20Oblivion%20Pictures/ScreenShot17.jpg

Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Sooooo... WHAT IS THE RING GLITCH!! And why didn't you say it in your first statement?

Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

is that image from Oblivion or the 3rd one?

lightcrux
lightcrux
622 posts
Peasant

is that image from Oblivion or the 3rd one?

Yes, that image is from Oblivion.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

A magician never tells his secrets lol. No just kidding what you do is have 3 of the exact same ring (via duplication) and you equip one and drop the others and it leaves one ring on while dropping all the rings. It looks like you don't have it but when you go to your status it shows a ring equipped when you have nothing.

Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Well, as you may (or may not) know, I have been extensively thinking about what Bethesda will do for Elder Scrolls VI. I have considered the following:

Setting. You can't have a game without a setting.

The settings I've considered are:

Elsweyr

This is the only province Bethesda hasn't gone in-depth with yet. Black Marsh is too alien, while Valenwood and the Summerset Isles are too racially and culturally monotonus. Elsweyr has good landscape, different geographic location, and an interesting religon. Having TESVI in Elsweyr would be an introduction to new enemies, gods and godesses, and many Kajiit sub-races. This is my first choice for a setting in TESVI.

All of Tamriel

This is closely related to the plot I've considered. So I'll explain then.

A different continent

Also related to the plot.

The plots I've deemed possible:

[/b]The Second War With The Empire

This would be a Great War episode two. I picture a three-way war between the Aldmeri Dominion, the Cyrodilic Empire, and the Blades. I can see the Blades allying with the Empire, and destroying the Aldmeri Dominion. I call it The Second War With The Empire because the first Great War was called by the Dominion-influenced provinces the First War With The Empire.

Fleeing the Dominion[b]

This would include leaving Tamriel altogether. The player would play a role similar to Ysgramor's role in taking Skyrim. You would take another continent on Nirn and name it the territory of the New Empire. The plot would be much more complex, of course.

I would also love to see the return of the weapon classifications, (longsword, shortsword, katana), as well as the return of the original three armor sets, light, medium, and heavy.

Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the bold errors. I thought I fixed that.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Elsweyr would be a great addition, however I doubt this Second War with the Empire will be that doable in your sense due to the disbanding of the Blades in 4E. Who knows, maybe it will be canon to the events taken place in Skyrim and reinstate the Blades in order to prevent another assassination of the Emperor.

What's wrong/what do you mean with Blackmarsh being too alien? I felt the same vibe coming from Morrowind. I feel that the Elder Scrolls series needs more fantastic landscapes, cultures, and whatnot, because Oblivion and Skyrim were far too realistic. Perhaps this is just because Cyrodiil and Skyrim are the equivalents of The West and North part of the globe.

An Addition to the Elder Scrolls series taking place on a continent different to Tamriel is very enticing, but I feel covering the other provinces first would be a better buildup.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Well if I would like a leap forward in time to the summer set isles where you destroy the last pieces of the Aldmeri Dominion. I would love to see the Summerset Isles with all his beauty. And since I want a leap forward in time I would like to see the Spear, Crossbow and other weapons from previous Elder Scrolls games.

But other continent would be nice. Maybe Akavir with is dangerous inhabitants. But this would seem unlikely without a huge step in time because the Empire never could conquer Akavir while it is crumbled and almost whipped out.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

What's wrong/what do you mean with Blackmarsh being too alien? I felt the same vibe coming from Morrowind. I feel that the Elder Scrolls series needs more fantastic landscapes, cultures, and whatnot, because Oblivion and Skyrim were far too realistic. Perhaps this is just because Cyrodiil and Skyrim are the equivalents of The West and North part of the globe.

I would LOVE if the next series would be in Blackmarsh! As you said it leaves room for very special fauna and flora.
It also offers good foothold on ancient lore and related things (just consider the Hists) and actual politics/events (after all Blackmarsh did attack Morrowind after/during(?) the Vvardenfell crisis).
But this requires that the setting, ambience, story, lore and background of the game is made equally elaborate, deep and diverse as in Morrowind. Anything else would be disappointing.

At least I know what I do NOT want to see: Sumerset Isles. I really don't like High Elves, with a few individual exceptions, and I hate goblins. And what do we find in Sumerset Isles? Altmer goblin trainers. Gah!
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

How about remaking some of the old games like Microsoft did with Halo. That would be pretty cool huh? I'd like to see some of those 90's games with updated graphics and voices. Also morrowind remade would be awesome. Because I played oblivion first so i was used to the great things in oblivion.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

The beauty with Elder Scrolls games from Morrowind on, you don't need to wait for Bethesda to revamp the games--you can download mods to do it for you. There's a mod out there called "Morroblivion" that combines the everything of Morrowind with the textures, animations, and interfaces of Oblivion. It's not completely done, but a good majority of it is finished.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

The beauty with Elder Scrolls games from Morrowind on, you don't need to wait for Bethesda to revamp the games--you can download mods to do it for you. There's a mod out there called "Morroblivion" that combines the everything of Morrowind with the textures, animations, and interfaces of Oblivion. It's not completely done, but a good majority of it is finished.

Ah yes I know the such but I would like to see some games on the Xbox. Like Morrowind
Showing 61-75 of 99