ForumsGamesAnything Elder Scrolls

99 18189
Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Put anything related to an Elder Scrolls game here. Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim. And you can talk about the DLCs.

• 99 Replies
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I think that if Oblivion gate were to be reintroduced then they should have Nirn be overrun with daedra and have the player close multiple gates from every daedric lord or something. Because why would Bethesda want to redo something that has already been done. That would just be tedious and grow tiresome.

Closing oblivion gates became old after awhile with 50-100 gates. I began to just close them to farm for the Sigil stones that gave my character chameleon and I used the chameleon exploit to make my character invisible. This wasn't hard because I only needed to close 10-20 gates.
I just think the deadlands and any future oblivion realms for that matter need to have some variation. I got to the point that I started memorizing the oblivion gates and I was able to get the sigil stone in a matter of 5-10 minutes. Its not hard because I can outrun and jump any daedra and high endurance and good armor made me more damage resistant. Also any good sneak character can sneak around but its a little slower. Then you have your warrior that can hack through anything. Make yourself a dunmer and anything that throws fire at you will be wasting their time. And this is easy because at low levels all you will see are scamps mostly and low level dremora. And by the time you face a real challenge then you will already know how to deal with it. This makes closing any gate a cinch. Very simple. I am pretty sure I beat the battle of Bruma gate in under 5 minutes

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Also any gate that you close will instantly teleport you to safety this makes closing the gates even easier because you just grap the stone and you are done and have a free stone that enchants any item you want for free. How easy, I guess this can be typical because leaving any bethesda game on Normal difficulty make the game very easy. And hard isn't much of a challenge because of the built in level multiplayer that gives you more points for your efficient kills and then you will level up even faster. I don't think Oblivion was very balanced and neither is Fallout 3 I hope Skyrim is balanced but i haven't played it yet

Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

the way you're telling it sounds as if he fled/is trying to flee his home.

Lord Dagon is, I think, the only Daedric Lord who belives Mundus, therefore Nirn and Tamriel, his true Plane of Oblivion. That is why he has attempted to invade Tamriel through the Gates.

or if the blood of Alessia's hiers should fail

The blood did fail. Emperor Titus Mede is not one of the Dragon Blood. The Amulet of Kings is destroyed. The Dragonfires cannot be relit. That is why in the quest Pieces of the Past, Lord Dagon can willingly speak with Dovahkiin and send Dremora into the world. It's also why any of the Daedric Lords can speak with Dovahkiin at any of the shrines and temples. It is in every way possible that Lord Dagon would open his gates in Skyrim. But I have also heard that in the coming Skyrim DLCs that the player would be able to travel at will between Skyrim, Cyrodil, and Morrowind. Lord Dagon has always launches his attacks directly and indirectly from a Cyrodilic area. I am just brainstorming what is possible for Bethesda to do here.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Lord Dagon is, I think, the only Daedric Lord who belives Mundus, therefore Nirn and Tamriel, his true Plane of Oblivion. That is why he has attempted to invade Tamriel through the Gates.

Dagon likes to destroy things, so it's not hard to understand he would be literally burning to invade Tamriel. Btw Tamriel is a continent in Nirn, not a separate place. And the only one who believed that Nirn is a Daedric plane was Mancar Camoran, but he was nothing more than Dagons marionette. Of course Nirn isn't a Daedric plane, it's the final planet in Mundus as created by the Aedra. The Daedric Plane(t)s are independent of Mundus.

- Some concepts of Mundus, Nirn and Oblivion

The blood did fail. Emperor Titus Mede is not one of the Dragon Blood. The Amulet of Kings is destroyed. The Dragonfires cannot be relit. That is why in the quest Pieces of the Past, Lord Dagon can willingly speak with Dovahkiin and send Dremora into the world. It's also why any of the Daedric Lords can speak with Dovahkiin at any of the shrines and temples. It is in every way possible that Lord Dagon would open his gates in Skyrim.

No no no, you got somethig wrong there. Daedras have always been able to address mortals through their shrines, you'd kow that if you'd have played Morrowind; there the daedric quests where engaged exactly like in Oblivion or Skyrim, by speaking to the shrine. And this was way before the events of Oblivion.
Daedras in general are capable of entering Mundus for a short time, that's why you can summon Daedras in form of creatures and weapons/armor, that's also why they can speak to mortals, that's also why you could send a Daedra to get a Sigil stone in the Master Conjurer quest.
Or why did you think that the Daedra Princes had to rely on mortal champions to do their biddings?

What the Mythic Dawn has done is tear down the barrier and open portals through which Daedras could enter freely, without restriction or binding summon spell. That's how Dagon was able to enter Nirn.

So I persist, during the events of Skyrim Nirn hasn't been devastated by either Dagon or Molag Bal or any other malevolent Daedra, which is proof enough that there's some kind of barrier. I can only speculate about what sort of barrier, but there must be one.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

So I persist, during the events of Skyrim Nirn hasn't been devastated by either Dagon or Molag Bal or any other malevolent Daedra, which is proof enough that there's some kind of barrier. I can only speculate about what sort of barrier, but there must be one

Maybe they are plotting their attack for the next game if bethesda makes one
GameWorldLeader
GameWorldLeader
76 posts
Nomad

Maybe they are plotting their attack for the next game if bethesda makes one

I doubt Bethesda is going to not make another Elder Scrolls, this game most likely brought a lot of new fans to the table and this game is there 3rd ES game to win game of the year. Personally I'm waiting for another Fallout title but I am sure that Bethesda. Besides Bethesda has a lot to work with, they haven't even used half of Tamriel yet.
GameWorldLeader
GameWorldLeader
76 posts
Nomad

Wow I just realised my incomplete sentence there, I meant to say that I am sure that Bethesda is going to make another Elder Scrolls.

Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

I am sure that Bethesda is going to make another Elder Scrolls.

I, unlike most normal people, think that Bethesda is not going to make another Elder Scrolls game. Instead, they will make Skyrim a massive game.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Personally I'm waiting for another Fallout title but I am sure that Bethesda. Besides Bethesda has a lot to work with, they haven't even used half of Tamriel yet.

Im not sure where fallout is going. I didn't really like Obsidians take on Fallout 3 New Vegas
lightcrux
lightcrux
622 posts
Peasant

Im not sure where fallout is going. I didn't really like Obsidians take on Fallout 3 New Vegas

I respect your opinion but what Obsidian did with New Vegas is what Fallout should have been. I dislike the direction that Bethesda took with Fallout 3.

Much and more was missing from Fallout 3, the factions, political intrigue, better balance. One of the worst aspects about Fallout 3, or any Bethesda Game Studios game for that matter, is the writing. It's utterly atrocious.

I hope that Bethesda comes up with better plot, quests and writing in the next iteration of TES or Fallout.
Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

I hope that Bethesda comes up with better plot, quests and writing

I think that Oblivion and Skyrim had good plots. The quests and writing could've been a little better, but I think the games were fine
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Oblivion and Skyrim are discutable although they're not bad (main quests were simply too short), but I think if you ignore the graphics, physics and other age-related things, Morrowind is still a little masterpiece, with all the political, tribal and religious aspects (Great Houses, Temple etc.), that forced you to learn to know the involved parties and prove yourself to them in order to get accepted (or not).
In Skyrim you are greeted with open arms by everyone as soon as you're Dovahkiin, in Morrowind you had to fight and bribe your way through to the end.
Good times, good times...

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Much and more was missing from Fallout 3, the factions, political intrigue, better balance. One of the worst aspects about Fallout 3, or any Bethesda Game Studios game for that matter, is the writing. It's utterly atrocious.

I guess I could argue with you all day but I just wanted to say that I didn't think that the faction were needed they were overkill to me. And besides its not like Bethesda had nothing to do with fallout New Vegas. They actually did alot of things too make the future game better in some ways even though I don't think it was better of the 2.

As for Oblivion's quests? they were all short in my opinion. They at least weren't balanced because the Dark Brotherhood was way too fast and the Thieves Guild took forever and was so long. And the fighters guild was long too while the Mages quild was very short.
The main quest was very easy with high speed and athletics.

Then you have all those random quests. Don't even get me started with them.

Another problem is the glitches that alot of Bethesda games have and how they don't fix them when they are obvious.
Like how in the thieves guild fathis Ules never becomes a fence and always says our business is done
Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

Thieves Guild took forever and was so long.

The Thieves Guild quests took way too long in all the ES games. It's just something that Bethesda does.

Another problem is the glitches that alot of Bethesda games have and how they don't fix them when they are obvious.

The glitches are what Bethesda games are all the fun for. I play Skyrim and Oblivion just for the fun in discovering new and fun glitches, (well, not just for the glitches, but they are really fun).
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

As for Oblivion's quests? they were all short in my opinion. They at least weren't balanced because the Dark Brotherhood was way too fast and the Thieves Guild took forever and was so long. And the fighters guild was long too while the Mages quild was very short.
The main quest was very easy with high speed and athletics.

Oblivion's faction quests were more in quantity *and* had a better story in my opinion. Skyrim makes up for the lack in faction story quests by adding in Shovelquests, or endless activities you can repeat as defined in Daggerfall. Could it be you figure Oblivion's to be too short because you are also counting the Shovelquests of Skyrim when performing faction quests?

Not only did Oblivion have more faction story quests to accomplish, which provided more content as to what the faction was all about, they just had a better plot, not to mention the last Thieves' Guild quest literally being an "epic" among standard jobs, much to how I feel about Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood final. It was lengthy and I felt engrossed in it, because it was difficult to do flawlessly and I felt accomplishing something by going beyond the bounds of what other quests had you do and beyond the bounds of what normal men could fathom.

That's the beauty of these two games' faction stories. They were better than the main storyline. I can't tell which is worse in plot, Oblivion's or Skyrim's. Oblivion had you *not* be the hero (which some can argue is a good thing because being the hero of legend can be cliche) and Skyrim had the abrupt "thanks for the help, bye" ending without "resolving" the story. Remember English/Literature class in secondary school where you talked about literary plot elements? Exposition, Rising action, Climax, Falling Action, Resolution? Where's the Resolution of Skyrim's main story? I can't bring myself to spoil what you can call an ending, though most who have played at least the beginning can figure out at least one piece. You "did the deed" and that is it. You go back to normal Skyrim life after a short cutscene. Where is the tying of loose ends? What happens now? I'm really asking much of Bethesda because not even Morrowind had a defined resolution. I mean, the sky is clean of blight and people herald you as their savior and in Oblivion the city is repaired and the temple contains a choice relic as a testament to what occurred, but that's it. Skyrim took the little bit of resolution and threw it out the ****ed window! (Number1)

Sorry, I got sidetracked. In debunking the idea that Oblivion's faction story quests were lacking, I ended up berating the series' main story fails. But that's up there, so that's done and over with.

Skyrim took the sense of accomplishment from faction story quests and threw it out the ****ed window! (Number2) There were no ranks (and goodies to go along with said ranks) nor the amount of people in the factions with to feel superiority. They had "rising action ascensions", for example a Companion member to Circle member or New Recruit of a choice army to Officer. But they are not steady increases. Yes, in Skyrim, you can become a Student-turn-Archmage in 12 Bethesdays, or 7 hours.

You can say rising ranks are pointless in these Elder Scrolls games. But apparently so are the skills that Skyrim packed into multiple uses that Morrowind once were independently leveled (one handed weapons and two handed weapons from longblade, shortblade, blunt, axe, spear, yadda). Or the different ways to carry light, such as candles and lanterns instead of just torches.

http://gamedrunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/skyrim-dungeon1.jpg
Or, you know, light in general.

... Skyrim took the need for carrying light and threw it out the ****ed window! (number3)

Okay guys I really apologize I keep going off on tangents. I'm gonna stop now.
Showing 46-60 of 99