Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

School Uniforms

Posted Apr 27, '12 at 7:48pm

jkl3848

jkl3848

242 posts

Like I said before, uniforms cut down on teasing kids from families with lower income. It cuts down showing off, and school shootings are usually from kids who are teased. It helps cut violence a lot by having uniforms. We don't like it, but it helps the school.

Posted Apr 28, '12 at 4:39pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

school whit uniforms does not mean there is no bullying in that school.
you can't stop bullying whatsoever.

school shootings are most of the time not done by kids at all.
and by far not all bullyed kids are going to use violence.
kids that are bullyed are usualy the shy people. and shy people do not grab a gun and start shooting.

the only violence it might stop are the bullys themself not those that are bullyed. but if they can't find anything about the clothes they sure can find something like the hair/face/way of speaking/way of behaving/ etc./etc.

so uniforms will not stop bulling.

Posted Apr 29, '12 at 8:41pm

s9b1

s9b1

259 posts

I have wear school Uniforms when I was in Elementary and Middle School but not anymore in high school.

I think school uniforms show how kids was educated and have some respect from others.

Posted Apr 29, '12 at 9:36pm

ilovemoney249

ilovemoney249

754 posts

I hate having to wear uniforms. They look sooo bad. I mean i don't mind school jackets and crewnecks and accessories, but the standard uniforms they make you wear sucks. Except Catholic Schoolgirl students. That's just hot.....

Go to Japan. The skirts are like waaaaay above the knee. If only they had those here -.-

Posted Apr 30, '12 at 10:34am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,918 posts

Go to Japan. The skirts are like waaaaay above the knee. If only they had those here -.-

lol i think we can all agree that japanese style uniforms dont count in this thread :3 (except for maybe japanese people who dont like wearing them).

i remember a girl came with a skirt like that to school and all of us thought she looked awsome XD

Posted May 20, '12 at 6:35pm

TeslaGuy

TeslaGuy

1,000 posts

Thanks God that in my countrie or state are school uniform GOD BLESS YOU

Posted May 21, '12 at 1:38pm

Jeff1999

Jeff1999

648 posts

This school year has almost ended and none of my classmates except one guy are wearing their uniforms. Teachers said that if we won't wear those uniforms we will also have to look totally same. (what was important was uniforms, we were allowed to use some green or pink or whatever sweaters) but it seemed like the uniforms weren't that important and as I said before we were allowed to not wear them. Now our teacher told us news that were bad for the whole class. NEXT YEAR IF WE WON'T TAKE OUR UNIFORMS WE WILL HAVE TO SAY GOOD BYE TO OUR SCHOOL! This time it doesn't matter if there is all 17 of us or noone we will obligate need our forms whitch really sucks.

Posted May 21, '12 at 3:21pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,592 posts

NEXT YEAR IF WE WON'T TAKE OUR UNIFORMS WE WILL HAVE TO SAY GOOD BYE TO OUR SCHOOL!

Somehow I think you either misunderstood or the teacher was lying. I find it highly unlikely the entire school's budget comes from selling a new uniform every year.

if there is all 17 of us or noone we will obligate need our forms whitch really sucks.

All 17? Woah boy, that's a big school. ...wait, no it's not.

Posted May 21, '12 at 5:20pm

Homework

Homework

15 posts

There ok....................... not so bad and not so good.

I'm netrul  :)

Posted May 21, '12 at 7:26pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,986 posts

School uniforms are a double- edged sword... They do help aleviate some of the attacks on students, but they're not going to stop all of them.
That's not the point of uniforms though. The school uniforms are to teach... Uniformity. In the real world, you don't get to stand out at work. You are just one gear of many in a well- oiled machine. School uniforms are just to teach that you don't wear a punk band shirt and skinny jeans to work. You wear a button- down shirt and slacks (depending.)
Freedom of expression is an illusion. You don't get to express yourself through dress. Besides, what are you expressing? does your gory, bloody death metal band shirt express art? what does the nearly naked girl on your shirt express?

Overall, the school uniforms argument is just plain dumb.

Reply to School Uniforms

You must be logged in to post a reply!