195 posts
Nomad

Feel free to ask any questions

• 46 Replies
UnknownShadow
UnknownShadow
132 posts
Blacksmith

Funkymonkey has a very good point. He seriously took some of the words right out of my mouth.

FishermanJE
FishermanJE
38 posts
Nomad

All it is is a zionist master plan.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

uh I'm not all that familiar with zionist but about the comment about the crusades, and all that I totally agree,and am also impressed by your world history one knowledge/ability to use wikipedia,anyways I think alot of these stereotypical ideas that all people of these religions hated each other when in fact it is only the intolerant, the misguided, and the radicals that are like this, atleast in my oppinion.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Funkymonkey, it does not matter what the "founders" of these religions said or not. The point is that they do kill in the name of God and have done so since day 1. I fail to see your point.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I am not rying to be sick minded or sarcastic in any way but why are Jews circumcised. I know that it is meant to be more hygenic but i would have thought there must be a religious reason for it aswell.Does anyone know?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

It isn't just Jews that circumcise their males. It is just that Jews have a ceremony for it. Besides it being a health hazard to not have a circumcised penis, it is religious because God told Abraham to do it. Kind of like making their penises kosher. It is how a male is brought into Judaism.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Ok thanks cos my friend is muslim and he sed he had his done aswell for religious reasons thanks for the answer

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Yea, no problem. In fact, I think it is rare for someone to not be circumcised. Religious or not.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Yes i think it is probably because it is practical. Ive heard its more hygenic less cjance of STD's etc. I suppose that is good. One of the main things i dislike about some religious things is that they sacrifice practicality for blind obedience. At least this circumcision has some use.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Yea, but I fear that it started out as blind obedience, then just happened to end up being a good thing for one's health. The Bible offers no real explanation for WHY God told him to do this. It just says do it!

Thank god I don't live in that culture that cuts of the women's clitoris. That is crazy!

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I didnt kniow they did it for women aswell. altho there are other customs that are seemingly useless really in lots of areas of life not just religions so i dont think religion is the only aspect of life that makes this mistake.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Oh, I know! Humans are always trying to come up with answers for things. When sometimes we just need to sit back and go: "You know...we just may not understand this..."

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Yes quite right

Eric_Cartman
Eric_Cartman
100 posts
Nomad

do u love pennys?

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

@jalex12: You are just stating the basics that everyone does tend to know. You don't seem to, like Asherlee stated, "know what you are talking about". If i were you i would actually get real knowledge to answers peoples in depth questions and not just state what everyone knows and call that an "answer" or just say thins like,quote,: "I am very impressed with your knowledge".

Using extreme logic i would say this was just a cover up to get more AP.

Showing 31-45 of 46