195 posts
Nomad

Feel free to ask any questions

• 46 Replies
jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

i agree but Constantine was the one who adopted the Cristian religion for the romans!

hojoko
hojoko
508 posts
Peasant

He did not adopt it for the Romans, he only legalized it for them. Christianity was around Centuries befor Constantine, but it never caught on* untill he legalized it.

*Due to the fact that the Roman government tried to kill all Christians before that.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I wud just liket to say i aint Jewish but i support spurs YIDO YIDO YIDO (for any prem football fans)

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Saint Augustine was not a great guy in the eyes of a Jew. He was the one that decided to link Cain as being the dirty Jew that killed his brother Abel. You know how he got "the mark?" Well, Saint Augustine is what spurred Hitler centuries later.

hojoko
hojoko
508 posts
Peasant

Wow. I didn't know that. But strangley the discussion about Saint Augustine, Saint Antony, and Constantine was about Christianity.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

All in all, I have big problems with Judaism, Islam, and Christianity. All of them label themselves as the right way and persecute the others. It's awful. I wish that all religions would realize that no one really knows the right answer and just try to live a good life. That's what I like about Jesus. He was a cool dude who knew how to reach out to people and get them to lead a better life. That's all. Religion blows.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

@jalex12 & hojoko

Why do you only believe in the Tora? What about the other books of the Bible?

jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

I'd like to intervene on the Jesus and Judaism question. This is very, very complicated. During the times that Jesus was roaming around the middle east there were many types of Jews walking around, not to meant the rebellion groups to the Romans like the Zealots, etc. In many texts it is said that some Jewish groups were using Jesus as a tool for the rebellion. He fulfilled the prophecy of being from David and from Aaron. It was his followers and later folks that turned him into a Christ. He never admitted to being the "Son of God." In fact, there are these things called the Jesus Papers that are from his time that are believed to be written by him explaining two messages:1. He was the Son of Man
2. The Kingdom of Heaven can be found within.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

Why did you just post what Asherlee said?

jalex12
jalex12
195 posts
Nomad

please do not get off topic

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

good job estel ya know this kid has put up achristianity one whats next muslim, islam, hindu, sihkism...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

jalex: you talking to yourself or something dude cause as far as I can tell your the only one whos bluntly spammed the whole time by reposting things and such but with the whole hating on jews thing its just pure intolerance, and most of it is either from religious disagreements or the stereotypical idea that jews are some kind of rich greedy race or something. I'm not a jew so I can't really tell you much more on that.

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

Jalex not to be rude but spamming, for example sre short phares with no real objective other than to boost your AP. Like' Yeh, and I agree, totally right, etc., etc.. If you have a real answer to a question and agree with someone. Tell them why and have facts to even support them that weren't already noted.

I only am saying this to you because you seem to know what you are talking about.

However, I am not going to ask you a question though, unless you can explain, in detail, what Kabbalah is. And what the crap is up with the little red bracelets?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Jalex, just stop trying to answer questions. You have already copied and pasted some of my previous posts and you aren't making sense.

Ichibon, I can explain this in loose terms. Kabbalah is a section of Judaism. The MYSTICAL part of it. When one goes to study Judaism there are many ways of understanding the Torah and Kabbalah is one of those ways. It is looking at the deeper, "secret" meaning of the holy texts. Kabbalahist have a sort of agnostic view of God, as well. They believe that God is unknowable. He created both the physical and spiritual world, but is not a part of it.

They view a lot of things very differently than Orthodox Jews. The human spirit is another odd aspect they view. If I can remember correctly they view it as stages you go through to develop your soul.

I hope this helps. I only know the basics.

FunkyMonkey
FunkyMonkey
22 posts
Nomad

I know I'm kind of late here, but I have something to sayto Asherlee.

Yes, all 3 of those religions persicute eachother. But that was against the wishes of their founders and leaders.

Judaism/Christianity: Moses/God came up with the commandment: Thou shall not kill.

Islam: Muhammad demanded respect for Jews and Christians, as according to him they were 'slightly misguided religions' but created by the same God. He denied Christ, saying that Christ was not the son of God. Rather, Christ was another prophet.

As for the line in the Quaran that states: You shall kill all infidels. Well, I think that meant heritics and pagans.

Now, why would people kill when it is clearly stated in their Holy book that they should not? Because they are only human. Look at the crusades, or in this case, the First Crusade. It was believed that if you died while fighting, you would receive instant maytrdom. The Ironic part is that you would be directly disobeing something you were told not to do. So if they had known that, why did they still take part? Because the Pope said so. The Pope said you were allowed to kill, as these were non-believers and you would receive salvation to kill them. The Pope claimed that God would understand. Well, in that case, the pope was claiming to have more power than he really had. He was misguided. True, he misguided himself, but he was misguided nonetheless.

Showing 16-30 of 46