Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

MBFF - Most Bizarre Food Flavors - 2013 Edition!

Posted Mar 20, '13 at 6:17pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

14,794 posts

Knight

Its not photoshop. Go to Steak n Shake. They sell those.

Posted Mar 20, '13 at 6:25pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Yes, yes it is Photoshopped. You get to know whether or not something was edited by Photoshop just by looking at it after a while. It looks super layered, and the pixels look strange near the top. They don't have the right shade.

@Terry
Here's my argument:

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/BattleMachine/podborka_53.jpg

Posted Mar 20, '13 at 6:36pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

14,794 posts

Knight

Yes, yes it is Photoshopped.

Not. Has any of you been to Steak n Shake lately?

Posted Mar 20, '13 at 6:38pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

I never said the dish wasn't real. I just said that image wasn't. You can't expect to me to believe they magically put the white background in without some sort of photo editing software, can you?

Posted Mar 20, '13 at 6:42pm

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,924 posts

@Sal
Oh my God, that's perfectly done.xD
@R2
We don't have Steak n Shake in my country so no.

Posted Mar 20, '13 at 6:50pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

@Sal
Oh my God, that's perfectly done.xD

Oh, no, the image isn't mine. I found it online - it's stock.

Posted Mar 20, '13 at 7:47pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,419 posts

Knight

First and foremost, I would like to thank MrDayCee for the fabulous title change.

Some things that I randomly googled up:

Speed run time.

Roast Beef Bubble Gum.
Smoked Salmon Vodka.
Pepsi White.
Bacon Marmalade.
Rose Pork Brains.

The pickle-flavored candy canes are interesting, but the flavor I imagine them possessing is absolutely awful. I love pickles, and I love sugary candy canes, but combining the two is a disaster waiting to happen.

Wouldn't it have been more fun and benifial for this thread if you would have posted those in batches over time Gandalf? Just saying...

Considering that 5/6 of the products he posted have already been mentioned, linking to them all in the same post does get the redirecting step over with, but for future reference, it would be more fun if one were to post such items more sporadically so as not to overwhelm us with too many unrelated bizarre food products at once.

So I found these things called cactus candy, and they are well candy made from cactus. I got a box and they were surprisingly good.

They look good. From what I've gathered from the image Terry posted, I'm sensing prickly pear has a raspberry-pomegranate-like flavor?

A while back at the grocery store I couldn't decide whether to buy dill pickle flavored Lays or ketchup flavored Lays.

Where do you find ketchup-flavored Lays outside of Canada?

Ok hopefully this will work.

Google image search has gotten annoying recently. Now you have to right-click on the image (after clicking on it) and select "Copy Image Location" in order to get the correct link for the image.

This burger you mean?

That's nothing compared to In N Out's 100x100 burger. 19,490 calories of savory death.

I don't know how this guy did it:

I don't know why he put the pickles on top of the burger. I don't see his logic behind that decision.

Has any of you been to Steak n Shake lately?

I'd never heard of it until just now when I looked it up, but apparently they have 506 locations, almost all of which are on the eastern side of the United States. The only one in a 600-mile radius of yours truly is in Vegas, and even if I ate cheese under any circumstances, I wouldn't travel all that way for a burger with a calorie count as weak as 1,330 (this doesn't seem accurate...) when I could much more easily obtain a tower of onion rings from Red Robin at 1,990 calories.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmptVvFfe3f5Ibd5KGS3wGzlFkpWfSuqPEKc9lSd5QITFYJeD3ug

Or Outback's even more delicious Bloomin' Onion at 2,210 calories.

http://www.whatabloom.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/bloomin-onion.jpg

Posted Mar 22, '13 at 6:22pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,398 posts

From what I've gathered from the image Terry posted, I'm sensing prickly pear has a raspberry-pomegranate-like flavor?

That's pretty close. I seem to recall it tasting like the pomegranate jellybean, but it's hard to remember the exact flavor from a trip I took when I was 11.

Or Outback's even more delicious Bloomin' Onion at 2,210 calories.

Those are amazing.

Posted Mar 23, '13 at 9:34am

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,924 posts

Considering that 5/6 of the products he posted have already been mentioned, linking to them all in the same post does get the redirecting step over with, but for future reference, it would be more fun if one were to post such items more sporadically so as not to overwhelm us with too many unrelated bizarre food products at once.

I don't really care, I'm bored of clicking on pages, I hate it.

Posted Mar 23, '13 at 4:10pm

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,924 posts

Hope this thread doesn't get Gandalf'd.

Reply to MBFF - Most Bizarre Food Flavors - 2013 Edition!

You must be logged in to post a reply!