ForumsThe TavernGeneral NBA Discussion

456 100264
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Who's going it all? Will the Nuggets come back? etc...

The finals is probably going to be the Heat vs Thunder. Well, that's what I think, so, what's your opinion?

• 456 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

How about the Hornets? They drafted Austin Rivers and Anthony Davis. Davis looked sharp coming off the bench in the Olympics. Pretty excited to see him play. And now, Hornets kinda have a chance. I still don't think that they'll make the playoffs. Since they're inexperienced.

It's alive. Because of me and my awesomeness.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

yah
hornets should fall short of the playoffs by about 10 games
Rivers and davis are good and all
but it will take a while to be on top

what about Robinson ,Evans, Cousins in sacramento

you and i are like the only one who comment on this

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

what about Robinson ,Evans, Cousins in sacramento

These guys do have some experience in the NBA. But they really have to play hard every single game in order to squeeze into the playoffs. But I don't think so. There are way too many strong teams in the West. And with the Thunder trying to get redemption. The Lakers emerging. It's definitely not their year.
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

having 8 out of 15 teams in the west advancing to the playoffs the kings can at least come close to the playyoffs
last year being 5th worst in the leaugue i only expect about a little better than halfway
i just hope they will do ok cuz their my team

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

true
who do you guys thhink is better micheal jordan in 1992 or LBJ in 2012

i say jordan

Jordan

As much as I love LBJ and as historic as his playoff run this past season, you can't beat the best player of all time. I wasn't fortunate enough to watch him play, as I was just born as he was in his prime, but he's unarguably the best of all time. And 1992 was the tail-end of his first three-peat.

If LBJ and the Heatles can make a run, similar to Jordan's Bulls in the '90s, with consecutive championship, then the whole Jordan vs. LBJ debate becomes very debatable, so to speak. LeBron's only 27 and is in the middle of his prime. Now he's got the monkey off his back, the rest of the league better take notice. And YES, that includes the Lakers.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

i just hope they will do ok cuz their my team

I thought your favorite team was OKC?
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

you would think huh vinster
but look on ppage 1
acouple reasons you see me watch OKC games and ruding for them more and all is becacuase well the kings arent that good
thaat didn't make it into the playoffs so it was hard to rude for them when their not even playing
i live in sacramento so thats why i like the kings
@ OKC i really like james harden and kevin durant but ive liked the kings since i was like 7
they always been in my heart
they are just a very queit team in there
plus i don't know 1 person where the kings arent in their top 15 probably

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

plus i don't know 1 person where the kings arent in their top 15 probably

My top 15 in no order would be:

Pacers
Nuggets
76ers
Heat
Thunder
Bulls
Celtics
Magic
Lakers
Clippers
Spurs
Mavericks
Grizzles
Knicks
Jazz

These are for the 2011-2012 season.
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

top 20 then
most for 15 then

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Sorry but Kings still wouldn't be in my Top 20. A 22-44 record is not good at all. But I admit they can score. Ranked 6th overall in the NBA scoring with about 98 points per game.

If I could add another 5 teams to complete the top 20 list then I would add:

Cavs
Timberwolves
Nets
Rockets
Bucks

GAMERNATIONHD
GAMERNATIONHD
14 posts
Nomad

i miss derrick rose and i hope he comes back with a vengeance!

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I hope so too. Bulls had way too many injury problems with Hamilton and of course D-Rose. But I think the Heat are still going to be on top. LBJ is in his prime right now. And the addition of Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen strengthens the supporting cast.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

heat bulls and celtics are gonna be the best in the best and OKC spurs and lakers r gonna be the best in the west

and i don't know anyone whos enemy or rival is the kings is that better

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

It's early, but these are my predictions:

West:

1st seed: Thunder - They will be looking for redemption
2nd seed: Lakers - The big 4 has emerged and Nash will distribute the ball well
3rd seed: Spurs - The veterans are back and have a young supporting cast.
4th seed: Clippers - Lob city. Lob lob city.
5th seed: Grizzles - They should've beat the Clippers last year in the playoffs. Blew a huge lead. But they'll make it again. Rudy Gay is an underrated clutch player.
6th seed: Nuggets - Fast paced offense. Ty Lawson is becoming a better point guard. And JaVale McGee will grab the rebounds.
7th seed: Rockets - Linsanity arrives in Houston again.
8th seed: Jazz - They're a sleeper team. They'll barely squeeze in.

East:

1st seed: Heat - LBJ is arguably the best all around player right now.
2nd seed: Pacers - They're definitely up there now. Roy Hibbert growing as a center. And overall the Pacers have good all around play.
3rd seed: Celtics - Despite losing Ray Allen, they picked up Jason Terry to replace him. You may think that they're old, but they are smart.
4th seed: Knicks - We saw Carmelo shoot all those threes during the olympics. I think he can carry that on back in to the NBA.
5th seed: 76ers - Bynum is there now. He'll have a strong presence in the paint.
6th seed: Hawks - Hawks have good depth with Teague amd newly acquired Devin Harris. And speed combo. Let's see how they utilize them.
7th seed: Nets - A new year for the Nets. Joe Johnson is a great addition.
8th: Wizards - Yeah, I said it. But I think it is their year to make it in. If I remember they went on an impressive streak at the end of the year last regular season.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

East

what about the bulls

for me same as you but nuggets 5th rockets sixth and maybe jazz 7th if not grizzlies

and add bulls 4th everyone shifts down
Showing 256-270 of 456