ForumsThe TavernGeneral NBA Discussion

456 100282
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Who's going it all? Will the Nuggets come back? etc...

The finals is probably going to be the Heat vs Thunder. Well, that's what I think, so, what's your opinion?

• 456 Replies
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

Yes, the Lakers are doing awful in the preseason. They are 0-7 right now. The Celtics aren't doing well though. I want the Clippers to do a little better though. Go Jazz!

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Lakers are now 0-8 in preseason record. They're all pretty banged up. Celtics are saving up energy for the long season. Remember, bth Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett are over 30 years old now. About the Jazz, they don't have the explosiveness. Jefferson and Millsap are still young and developing. But maybe in the next 5 years or so after they've understood the mechanics, and all the other stuff, the Jazz might be the team to beat. Adding Mo Williams is good too. I don't think this their year. Too many teams are better than them.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Also, Lakers how Metta World Peace and his elbow. So when in doubt, elbow! *end fail joke*

1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

J-J-J-AMES HARDEN...*bursts into tears* WWHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I think it was a bad choice as well. James Harden was a perfect fit for the Thunder. But Linsanity has Harden now. It'll be a dynamic duo. And don't get your hopes down. Kevin Martin is a good player.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

You know what I want to see? The Harlem Globetrotters go against any team in the NBA. Now that's something I would pay to see.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Certainly didn't expect that. The Thunder, however, did get some good out of it with the two first round draft picks and Kevin Martin, who's a solid scorer. I do wonder about the Thunder's chemistry now though, since Martin isn't quite the playmaker that Harden is. It's also a bit of a risky investment on the Rocket's part, since they've yet to prove themselves. They're in a rebuilding phase right now, and if they can't immediately make some waves, they're going to be stuck in a rut for a little bit without the draft picks. It'll be interesting to see how the season plays out.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I think it's a good take for both teams. Rockets have a pretty young team. James Harden is like 23 or 24. Lin is only 24 as well. They can build around them. And in the next few years, people will be looking at them as true superstars. Lin needs to withstand the long season and try to avoid injuries. As for the Thunder, Kmart (haha) and Jeremy Lamb are good scoring shooting guards.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

James Harden is like 23 or 24. Lin is only 24 as well. They can build around them. And in the next few years, people will be looking at them as true superstars.

Let's not get carried away here. Harden is a great player but a borderline All-Star at best at the moment. Can he become a superstar? It's possible, but I doubt it. He worked well as a sixth man last year and was an integral part of the Thunder, but I've yet to see flashes of brilliance from him that'd indicate an ascension to superstar status. Lin while great during the "Linsanity" run cannot be ruled out as a one-hit wonder yet. The Heat, among others, showed that he can be shut down, so he's going to have to become a more versatile player if he wants to be any more than a serviceable point guard in the league. I'm not saying he's going to end up as a bench player, but I am skeptical of his (super)star status at the moment, present and future.

I'm looking at the Rockets' roster right now, and it's clear they need a ton of work. In particular, they don't have an offensively-minded big man for Lin to play the pick-and-roll game with. Trading away those draft picks could really come back to bite them in the ***.

That being said, for a number of reasons, I support Lin to the fullest and hope he and the Rockets prove me wrong.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Also, since we're on the topic of Jeremy Lin... Anyone wanna make any predictions on breakout players this year (i.e. potential candidates for Most Improved)?

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I am not sure but I will say Mario Chalmers.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Three observations from yesterday:

1) I may have spoken too soon about Harden.

2) Holy ****. Dwight Howard actually made his free throws this time. And the Lakers still lose.

3) Tim Duncan is still getting 20-10's

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Saw the Spurs and Thunder game. Crazy stuff. Nice buzzer beater for Tony Parker.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

aww thunder lost
dang all my teams are losing
kings are 0-3
thunder just lost
i think rockets are undeafeted with harden

BTW where the talk about that

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Has any body noticed that Steve Nash kind of looks like Tom Cruise?

Showing 301-315 of 456