ForumsWEPRis abortion ok?

867 278486
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

Is abortion ok? I donât think so. The babies that these people are killing is wrong, some people say that itâs not a person that itâs a bag of cells or a fetus and not really human being I have to disagree

Please debate

• 867 Replies
nerdywarrior2000
nerdywarrior2000
2 posts
Nomad

Well I never believed in God. Ever hear "they never wanted to be here?"
I mean, we do have condoms. It's really up to the person. I get how lives can be ruined by a surprise pregnancy. 'Member, them Christian's and Catholics practicably rule this nation. Support Gay Marriage.

nerdywarrior2000
nerdywarrior2000
2 posts
Nomad

Side not, it is not always the mother's fault, i.e. ****. Also, adoption is a great alternative.

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

I Feel that abortion should only be for r@pe cases.

I mean, if somebody forces a woman into sex and she has to bear the burden of bearing a criminal's b@stard child, where is the morality in this?

I mean, this might not be good at all too, i mean, this would give people the right to make excuses and lie that "they have been *****" and have sex all they like and abort babies like going to the hair saloon.

Its all about perception, guys, i feel that the best is just prevention. I am not saying people should refrain from sex but just use more safe methods of contraception for this. Or just rely on your left or right hand if you get and itch.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Also, adoption is a great alternative.

I always wondered what is so great about shoving an unwanted child into adoption centers, where they probably won't find new parents and chances are they'll become a problem child; adoption centers which seem to be quite full anyways, which in turn favors killing the baby (which is done time and again even nowadays, so it's a reality). So, easy said, but not well thought.

I mean, this might not be good at all too, i mean, this would give people the right to make excuses and lie that "they have been *****" and have sex all they like and abort babies like going to the hair saloon.

First you said abortion for **** cases is ok but then you say it's easily misused so probably not good either? Make up your mind...
Also, there's something called contraception. People can have sex all they want as long as you encourage the use of contraception. And finally, the goal of legalizing abortions is not to make it available to every teenage whim; it's supposed to be for serious cases. Not only ****, but also medicinal complications linked to pregnancy.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I Feel that abortion should only be for r@pe cases.

What of cases where carrying the child to term would be harmful? What of situations where the child would live a short painful life? What of situations where the person is already a mother and they don't want to risk the odds of something going wrong during pregnancy or having the child could compromise their ability to care for the child they already have?

Its all about perception, guys, i feel that the best is just prevention. I am not saying people should refrain from sex but just use more safe methods of contraception for this. Or just rely on your left or right hand if you get and itch.

Did you get your education about the issue of abortion from Fox News by any chance?

While there are some people who might abuse the system in such a way they are on the extreme end of the spectrum. In most cases deciding to have an abortion is no easy decision to make.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Good thing abortions aren't being performed at churches then, or forcing churches to hand out condoms, isn't it?
Kasic

Yeah u r right
Nabbit
Nabbit
15 posts
Nomad

As for my reaction to being pregnant tomorrow... Yeah I would freak out, but I wouldn't want to commit 1st degree murder to solve my problems, that's just cowardice.

Hm. Giving birth to a child that will have to live his or her life knowing their existence was a mistake. Being forced with a completely different purpose for your life (caring for a child) that you never intended to take up in the first place. And if the woman was a teenager, having to live outside the society and lifestyle of her fellow peers and the rate of success in her education decreasing drastically.

Or being a coward.

That's a tough bargain right there, hurt pride or screwing two lives.
ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

What of cases where carrying the child to term would be harmful? What of situations where the child would live a short painful life? What of situations where the person is already a mother and they don't want to risk the odds of something going wrong during pregnancy or having the child could compromise their ability to care for the child they already have?

You have made a good point my kind sir. But about the situations where the child would live a short painful life, what do you think about patients that suffer from long term chronic illnesses? Do you think they deserve the needle and the right to die? Same to abortion, regarding if the child (or fetus) actually had the decisions and the consciousness to make a desicion but other then that, you might as well be killing someone whom doen't want to die.
My cousin was born with polio but yet, his parents let him live and he died at 16, where he was expected to live much shorter but however, i know there are other things worse than polio. (E.g, Hydrocephalus)

About the child causing a comprimise the parent's ability to take care of the child, thats their problem; they know that they can't take care of children and still want to bear children. Its a matter of responibility.

However, you made good points about this topic that set me thinking.

Did you get your education about the issue of abortion from Fox News by any chance?

Sorry sir, but I don't live in the States, like you guys who believe everyone in AG does, hence, I do not have ready access to Fox News and do not read any of that.

First you said abortion for **** cases is ok but then you say it's easily misused so probably not good either? Make up your mind...

Well, I am trying to state the points. Anyways, i am trying to be neutral.

And finally, the goal of legalizing abortions is not to make it available to every teenage whim; it's supposed to be for serious cases. Not only ****, but also medicinal complications linked to pregnancy.

True, but like to the guy I responded too, I feel its immoral to end the life of someone that does not have the decisions to.

Thanks guys.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Same to abortion, regarding if the child (or fetus) actually had the decisions and the consciousness to make a desicion but other then that, you might as well be killing someone whom doen't want to die.

If. Thing is, they don't. They aren't conscious yet and all the decisions therefore go to those who can actually make the decisions.

My cousin was born with polio but yet, his parents let him live and he died at 16, where he was expected to live much shorter

And his parents (if they were aware of this even in the period where abortions are legal) made that choice. That's an extremely hard choice to make.

I feel its immoral to end the life of someone that does not have the decisions to.

Then you personally do not have to. There are certainly valid arguments to not abort, but there are reasons to as well. It's highly individual and in the end, you can't put more value on the 'lack of an ability to speak for oneself' over those who already are involved in the world and do have a say.
ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

If. Thing is, they don't. They aren't conscious yet and all the decisions therefore go to those who can actually make the decisions.

Well, whether if the fetus actually can feel the pain or consciousness is up for debate but still, to my opinion, i feel that they are capable to feel pain...

And I thank you for speaking up for my cousin's parents.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Well, whether if the fetus actually can feel the pain or consciousness is up for debate but still

Not really. If the brain isn't developed, it's not possible for them to feel pain or have consciousness (or depending how much, 'experience' it).

i feel that they are capable to feel pain...

How would they? Pain is a reaction caused by stimulation of the nervous system, which requires both the nerves and brain to be developed. Without a fully developed body or brain, much less the fact that babies don't even remember anything until they're past 2-3 years old to begin with, there's not any suffering.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

But about the situations where the child would live a short painful life, what do you think about patients that suffer from long term chronic illnesses? Do you think they deserve the needle and the right to die?

I don't think the situation is equivalent. In the case of patients dealing with long term chronic illnesses, we are dealing with an already conscious entity. With a developing fetus at early stages when abortion is normally preformed we are not. In such a case suffering can be stopped before it's started. It will be preventing a situation that will amount to nothing but suffering. In many such situations the child would only have days to live to a matter of maybe a few years suffer the entire time before dying.

About the child causing a comprimise the parent's ability to take care of the child, thats their problem; they know that they can't take care of children and still want to bear children. Its a matter of responibility.

You say that as if such cases were planned. A woman can take precautions and still have things happen where they end up pregnant. In such situations you think it's more responsible to reduce the quality of life for everyone rather than provide for those already there?

True, but like to the guy I responded too, I feel its immoral to end the life of someone that does not have the decisions to.

Without a functioning brain there is not personhood yet, so technically the developing life isn't a someone yet. It's in the early stages of becoming a someone.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

so the government can not dictate that the church must allow abortions and supply them.

Churches still have the choice to tell their followers that abortion is "bad", but they haven't the right to reject someone who wants to abort a child of theirs.

.."they have been *****" and have sex all they like and abort babies like going to the hair saloon.

I think the law is that the woman cannot abort if she's been impregnated in the recent past. Also, getting an abortion is very serious. It can cause emotional breakdowns, even mental breakdowns sometimes. Getting an abortion is never an easy thing to do. I reckon the first time someone aborts, they'll rethink their actions next time.

Also, adoption is a great alternative.

Walk into an adoption center. Notice sheer number of children in one small adoption center. Walk out. Rethink what you've said above.

...you might as well be killing someone whom doen't want to die...

The only difference about an adult with chronic disorders and a fetus is that one is a human being that can actually be useful to society to a degree, even next to his/her illness, and the other is a zygot with absolutely no feeling for life whatsoever. The child can be a scientist or Athlete or whatever, sure, but if the pregnancy is unexpected, the child is much more likely to become a rapist, murderer, etc

Well, whether if the fetus actually can feel the pain or consciousness is up for debate but still, to my opinion, i feel that they are capable to feel pain...

Consciousness, like consciousness found in adults is only existant at the age of (depends from quality of life, I guess) from the age of I'd say 15+, could be earlier or later. And a fetus doesn't have any thoughts whatsoever because it's a fetus. It is brainless. And, because it's brainless, It cannot feel any pain either.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Churches still have the choice to tell their followers that abortion is "bad", but they haven't the right to reject someone who wants to abort a child of theirs.

yes they do separation of CHURCH and STATE
handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

Someone said in the US something like if a woman has been ***** her body will destroy the sperm of the rapist. I think that this sort of thinking is stupid.
Is abortion OK? It depends on the circumstances. I think a woman should be allowed an abortion if she concieves after a ****.

Showing 211-225 of 867