ForumsThe Tavernlets talk... soccer

273 57811
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

well here we should talk about soccer like who is your favorite player ? who is your favorite team ? you can have up to 3 players and 3 teams but if you have 3 that means you dont like 1 better than the others and i might make a chart of wich teams and players are most popular here on AG

• 273 Replies
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

okay well that's what i thought so what do the other countries like U.S. do ? do they have some kind of tournament too ?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

okay well that's what i thought so what do the other countries like U.S. do ? do they have some kind of tournament too ?

Even if they do, it's not as prestigious or watched. I guess you can say they have the CONCACAF Gold Cup for both North and South America, but they have fewer teams, and much less coverage. They can also take part in the much more prestigious Copa América if they qualify.
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

okay well that's what i thought so what do the other countries like U.S. do ?

Right now almost every country in North and South America are playing international friendlies.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

It's the Euro Cup. Only European countries play in that tournament.

I know. I was quoting it from one of my friends.

Unless you change citizenship, but then you'll not be an American citizen anymore.

Off-topic a little, but can't you be a dual citizen as long as both countries allow it?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Off-topic a little, but can't you be a dual citizen as long as both countries allow it?

Yes, but not all governments allow it. It's also up to the player's choice.

Jermaine Jones for example, played for both Germany and USA. Messi too was offered either an Argentinian or Spanish team place.
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

I had to find out about Messi getting 5 goals so i found this sports center video and that poor goaly but it was kinda his fault most of the time lol. Here is the defending Spain against Ireland 4-0 Spian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u7a5otGnFc&feature=related

oops sorry i didn't post the Sports Center video well ill find a different one for you soon.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Looks like the Euro Cup finals are going to be Spain Vs Germany? Both teams are undefeated and looks like they're going to stay like that until they go against each other.

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

No Spain tied against Italy but ya Germany is on a roll but I think they're ready to demolish whoever is in they're path lol.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Both teams are undefeated

No Spain tied against Italy

Undefeated means not losing just to clear things up...

I think Germany has what it takes to get to the finals. Spain is looking good except I have a feeling they might slip up some time or another.
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Ya Germany has a good chance and yes Spain could split.

I haven't seen any Argentina games so how are they doing ? Is Messi as good on Argentina as FCB ?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Argentina is not in Europe....Messi did score a hat trick in an exhibition match a few days ago though.

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Ohhh they're not in the EURO cup but i thought they were because i heard that Messi scored a goal so i thought but i thought wrong i guess so what else is new ?

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

I think Germany has what it takes to get to the finals. Spain is looking good except I have a feeling they might slip up some time or another.

True, Spain could really dominate any team. They just need to take more shots and I think they'll be fine.

Ohhh they're not in the EURO cup but i thought they were because i heard that Messi scored a goal so i thought but i thought wrong i guess so what else is new ?

I think Argentina is playing with all of North and South American teams in some little tourney call "Road to the World Cup" I could be wrong though.
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Ohhh road to the world cup wow you made me look stupid there
Sorry my mind is going nuts every word I type is killing me
I wanna say something really mean but I'm holding it in
Now let's get back to soccer

radurazvy
radurazvy
4 posts
Peasant