ForumsForum GamesEverlands RPG

30 4999
sonic20
sonic20
268 posts
Nomad

So ive decided to make an RPG with a rather huge setting to it.

Setting:
This RPG plays out inside a huge fantasy world known as Everland.
The world is divided into 5 sections.
The Heatlands:
A large, burning hot area owned by the Czao, A race of huge demonic humanlike creatures. They are warfare experts.
The Peaks:
Another huge area, That is completely on mountainsides owned by the Golurms. Giant Rock constructs held together by a living soul inside their body. They are building experts.
The Wetlands:
A Huge area engolfed in water inhabited by the volka, a snake mixed with a fish hybrid with arms. They are masters of strategy.
The Grasslands:
Guess what? Another huge area above surfaces with a overwhelming amount of plant growth. This place is ruled by the humans.. Do i need to explain? Good all around.
The Skylands:
A colossal island floating in the sky owned by the Wyvernsm A dragon + human type beast that has large wings in the back of it.
They are experts of mobility.

Storyline: 5000 Years ago, the everland was created by the gods as a area meant to sustain life for as long as it could. They sent non evolved, small blobish beings into there to evolve into a new , great source of life. The gods however, Were not happy with what happened next, these small beings had headed into their own habitats, and evolved due to the conditions there. They were easily set in war do to the fact that each one wanted more land, more gold, etc etc. The gods decided to take action, They attempted to settle the diffrences between them and punish them, But this was not to last long. The creatures did not like this (Obviously) and decided to take action, They took down the gods, Containing them inside 5 crystals taken in by every 1 of the nations. 400 Years later, Due to technology, Greed, Evolution, And more happening.. Wanderers and killed beings were mutated, revived, And evolved into deadly creatures wandering this world.. Nations did not fear them however, due to them being easily defeated by them in numbers. 600 Years later the crystal were missing from all the lands, the gods were not back, But some of these mutated strange this had stolen these crystals. With the negative energy consuming it they were producing beasts that were overwhelmingly powerful, and were becoming a serious threat. The great war lightened up for a small time, and the nations located the source of this power. They could not stop the negative energy, so they decided to send these crystals away into a unknown region. However, due to the universes all connecting every now and then creatures will warp in random areas. (WILD BATTLES ARE NOW EXPLAINED, HORAY) As well as roam current areas. 980 years later the war was being purely fought by heroes, and the army they command.... Rather then all out soldiers at once. 20 Years later (OH BOY) A New hero was just about to make his mark in history.... You.

Character Sheets
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: (Insert name here)
Race/Team: (Wyvern, Golurm, Human, Czao, Or volka)
Personality: (You decide)
Description: (What character looks like, this is optional.)
Inventory: (Whatever you have)
Level: (Start at 1, Level cap is 100)
EXP: (Whatever you have) (Example: 10/20 XP)
Stats:
HP: 100
MP: 100
Attack: 10 (5+ If you are Czao. 5- If you are Wyvern.)
Luck: 10 (5+ If you are Volka. 5- If you are Czao.)
Construction: 10 (5+ If you are Golurm. 5- If you are Volka.)
Speed: 10 (5+ If you are Wyvern. 5- If you are Golurm.)
Magic: 10 (No advantages and disadvantages)

Backstory: (Whatever you like)

Oh yeah, and you have to copy and paste this each comment... Yeah.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Stats Explained:
Attack: Increases damage dealt with melee type attacks. Why? BECAUSE THIS GAME HAS TURN BASED COMBAT.
Luck: Increases a chance of being luckier in certain situations as well as critical hitting in battle.
Construction: You can build more objects and gain a bonus in crafting.
Speed: Increases Dodge chance and allows you to preform certain actions quicker.
Magic: Increases magic damage and intellect. (Intellect will help you in puzzles)

Quick Q and A:

Will there be more story?
If this works out nice, i will continue this one.

Can i be a <werewolf, vampire, etc etc>

No, personally i think sometimes those types of characters are obnoxious and they are NOT created in this Everland.

How do battles work?

Me: You encounter a slime.
HP: 10
MP: 0

You: I Slash it with my sword

Me: 8 Damage
HP: 2
MP: 0
The slime slaps you.

(Whatever damage)
You: I punch it

Me: It almost explodes when you punch it sending goo everywhere. You gain 10 XP and 2 Gel.

Is there a character limit? Sadly, there is. I Cannot manage 100 at once, for now the cap is 6. When another guy helps me out, it will become 12.

Can i become a editor too?

Yes, but we need to be in a chat and you need to prove to me you are fair material for a editor.

Thats all i got, SO WELCOME TO EVERLAND!!!

• 30 Replies
sonic20
sonic20
268 posts
Nomad

(non gameplay)

Right click on the link, and click view image.

(You could copy and paste it, but im not sure how to link to that DIRECT part)

DarthNerd
DarthNerd
1,762 posts
Nomad

Name: Vyn
Race/Team: Golurm
Personality: Disgraceful, Aggressive
Description: Thine, maulable clay in a hunched over humanoid fashin. Rockish spikes down the spine and through a tail, forming a spikeball with no purpose other then looks on the tip of the tail. A aggressive, pointed face with drawn back eyes. Long, sharp fingers. Most likely considered disfigured compared to others of his race.
Inventory:
Level: 1
EXP:
Stats:
Attack: 10
Luck: 10
Construction: 15
Speed: 5
Magic: 10

Also, i can change the description if you prefer.

sonic20
sonic20
268 posts
Nomad

-DarthNerd-
Its always fine unless something OVERLY out of race occurs in there.

Anyways due to the fact im still lacking a job stat (That will be useful in future for next update)
Please choose one of the following:
a) Your inside the city.
b) Your sent to attack the humans.
c) Your outside looking around.

Also, Please choose a difficulty:
Easy - Increased loot and XP. Enemys are dumb and weak. Events are easier to handle.
Normal - Average loot and XP. Enemys are a fair challenge. Events are a fair challenge.
Hard - Decreased loot and XP. Enemys find a weakness or good tatic and STICK to it. They are also buffed. Events tend to be harder.
Insane - Bro, you just insane. Rarely any LOOT is found from battles. XP Is almost always 1 or 2. Enemys are buffed like gods. They are beyond smart, and use weaknesses and insert problems to your regular attack patterns.

philandy
philandy
73 posts
Nomad

[Would I regen after battle like sitting or something? How much do the HP potions heal for, and how do they heal?]

-Alez-
Gameplay: Run out and try to get behind the slime, if so try to hit it with the mace. Watch for jello abilities, though! If I can keep hitting, though, do it.

If I can't seem to get behind it, try to look for a blunt rock and a sharp stick to throw at it (to see HP and what it resists, from afar).

Character Sheet
Race: Czao
Personality: Vengeful, Honorable
Description: [updated]Strong red skin, small spikes, green eyes.
Difficulty: Hard
Inventory: [updated] *Mace, *Bow, *Arrows, Quiver (full), Health Potions (3)
EXP: -/- XP
Gold: 0
Attack: 15
Luck: 5
Construction: 10
Speed: 10
Defense: 10

philandy
philandy
73 posts
Nomad

-Alez-
[This works well enough, but I may draw something later anyways. If it doesn't show then right click for link.]
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs34/f/2008/292/7/d/Dragon_boy_by_markdelarah.jpg

sonic20
sonic20
268 posts
Nomad

-philandy-

Gameplay: You throw a rock at the slime and a stick not so sharp. You only deal 1 damage, But you really have his attention now.

BATTLE ENGAGE

Slime: 99/100 HP
Weaknesses: Unknown
Strengths: Unknown
The slime trys to hit you but you dodge.
(Potions heal 50 hp)
You look on the ground beside you and notice one of the elemental scrolls, Thunder I.
You grab it. (Cause that is just completely logical.)
New spell obtained: Thunder I.
The slime hits you for a 4 Damage blow
HP:96/100

(Yeah, hard difficulty.)

DarthNerd
DarthNerd
1,762 posts
Nomad

Name: Vyn
Race/Team: Golurm
Personality: Disgraceful, Aggressive
Description: Thine, maulable clay in a hunched over humanoid fashin. Rockish spikes down the spine and through a tail, forming a spikeball with no purpose other then looks on the tip of the tail. A aggressive, pointed face with drawn back eyes. Long, sharp fingers. Most likely considered disfigured compared to others of his race.
Inventory:
EXP:
Stats:
Attack: 10
Luck: 10
Construction: 15
Speed: 5

A, and Hard difficulty.

philandy
philandy
73 posts
Nomad

[Only thing you didn't answer was regen for like sitting or something. BTW I'm working on a RPG called Onestat, sonic20, instead of continuing the Tower Defense one - balance issues. I'll post a link to your wall when ready, or even in a ooc here]

-Alez's Last Character Sheet-
HP: [updated] 96/100

Gameplay:
1. If I keep the scroll, as in I learned the spell, cast Thunder 1 on the slime [and bind it to spell slot 1, not that Alez would understand such concepts].
1a. If not, hit it with the mace. (Mace primary, Bow secondary)
2. The second turn, use construction to look/build a shield from a close by trashcan lid or something.

sonic20
sonic20
268 posts
Nomad

-DarthNerd- Your inside the city streets and feel like something is watching you.. You move on heading down the dark lane.. Suddenly you hear heavy breathing and look behind you.. There is a shadow looking at you. You watch as it draws itself closer.
You see a broken pipe on the ground and a hole in the fence you might fit through.

-philandy-
Turn 2: (1 in yours) You cast thunder I on it. It does 20 damage, and the slime seems to explode when you hit it. (Weakness discovered, check after battle.)
The slime attempts to charge at you, but due to your agility you barely dodge it.

Turn 3: You look around quick and notice a wooden barrel lid nearby, Jumping out of the way of the slime, you grab it and block it from hitting you. (Shield obtained)

DarthNerd
DarthNerd
1,762 posts
Nomad

I attempt to grab the pipe, and throw it at the shadow, then attempt to dive through the hole if i am near it. If not, i attempt to get as close as possible to the hole, then climb through it.

philandy
philandy
73 posts
Nomad

[Yay, barrel lid! sonic20, btw Onestat is up]

-Alez Character Sheet-
Race: Czao
Personality: Vengeful, Honorable
Description: Strong red skin, small spikes, green eyes.
Difficulty: Hard
Inventory: [updated] *Mace, *Bow, *Arrows, *Wooden Barrel Lid, *[1]Thunder 1, Quiver (full), Health Potions (3)
EXP: -/- XP
Gold: 0
HP: 96/100
Attack: 15
Luck: 5
Construction: 10
Speed: 10
Defense: 10

Gameplay
1. Defensively cast Thunder 1 until the slime dies, or something changes. If something does change, stop me here
2. If Alez wins, after the victory dance (and looting) check that weakness update.
3. Is the explosion the "entry" point or whatever? Investigate it, and try to figure out where the slime came from.
4. Check gossip.

sonic20
sonic20
268 posts
Nomad

-philandy-

Turn 3: You cast thunder three and using your speed you get your shield up right before the slime can hit you.
The battle goes on a long time untill it explodes from the thunder.

Victory: You loot slime pieces and a dark shard from it. Great, thats a negative crystal around here CONFIRMED. You record the weaknesses and strengths of a slime in a notebook (No inventory space)

(Slime: Enemy type 1. Weaknesses: Physical, Lightning. Strengths: Fire, Water.(I Do have a picture, but currently i cannot post it))

(Above it states that a negative crystal is close)

Gossip: Not much, other then what happened with the slime.

You notice someone from the barracks walks over to you. "Hey, I saw what you did back there. Never seen anyone do that for 2 years. Listen, the army is sending me to use the airship to go up into the clouds and figure out whats causing this negative energy. I Was wondering if you want to come."

philandy
philandy
73 posts
Nomad

[no exp?]

-Alez- (link to last character sheet)
Inventory: [updated] *Mace, *Bow, *Arrows, *Wooden Barrel Lid, *[1]Thunder 1, Quiver (full), Health Potions (3), Slime Pieces (?), Dark Shard (?), *Notebook

Gameplay:
1. "Hail!" Use construction to manipulate the situation to get this guy more in my favor, and all the details I can. Why the clouds? Do not let my youth's impatience twist me into giving up what I found.
2. Do not leave, but glance around for a magic shop. I need a magic container/bag of sorts.

sonic20
sonic20
268 posts
Nomad

-Update-
Ahh, good to be back.

GAMEPLAY: Not much that you KNOW of, TROLOLOLOLOL
Known updates:
2 New races, however i wont state them outright for abit.
New difficulty can be activated, but again, that wont be stated.

Im BACK! After a long absence due to problems in my life, Terrible weather, and connection acting up.. I will finally be posting MULTIPLE TIMES IN ONE DAY AGAIN (Yay!)
Anyways, Ive been brainstorming and I think every one of you has atleast a month worth of GAMEPLAY in my mind so far.
And basically, thats it.

-Philandy-
Exp is 5/10, Sorry, forget EVERYTHING.

Gameplay: Details you found =
The clouds is an area where the negative energy seems to be charging up, making it a clear spot to find where it is. And why are we going there? to stop this crystal.
Why are we going there? Negative energy charging up ALWAYS means something bad is just WAITING to happen, like a bomb, about to set off.
That's all you can really think of around that area.
You glance for a magic shop, but don't see a thing. After awhile of frustraiting searching, you ask the soldier if he knows where it is.
He responds with "Yeah, down the street. Don't take forever, through.
You enter the magic shop. Alot of old items that you could use are out for nothing, making it good. You take what you need (magical container without name x 2 and mini manna potion x 3.)

(Sorry bout onestat, same reason as stated above.)

-Darthnerd- You throw the pipe at the shadow, it is knocked back, but still heading towards you. Knowing that this was abit of a dumb idea, You quickly make a run for the hole in the fence, As you worm your way through, you feel a pair of cold, hands trying to pull you back, quickly reacting you kick it in the leg and it falls down.. You make a break for a safe area through the long, dark corridor hearing *tap tap tap* behind you. What now?

sonic20
sonic20
268 posts
Nomad

Well, I guess at this point the game is dead.

Showing 16-30 of 30