ForumsThe Tavern

do you believe in aliens

Thread Locked

Posted Nov 5, '12 at 6:07pm

Skulltivator

Skulltivator

645 posts

Probably was too old to return?

It doesn't matter how old the guy would have been. A floating body in space with no propulsion isn't going to return to earth unless it's purely by accident. You don't have to be a NASA scientist to figure that one out.

There is no logical explanation as to why they would send anybody out into space for no reason.

Posted Nov 5, '12 at 6:10pm

Jerrbear65

Jerrbear65

106 posts

Just an idea no need to be sarcastic LMAO

Posted Nov 5, '12 at 6:34pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

There is no logical explanation as to why they would send anybody out into space for no reason.

Maybe someday they'll have a few billion dollars lying around and someone forgets to flush the office toilet. Who knows?

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 9:18pm

dr_doughnut

dr_doughnut

72 posts

I do not believe in aliens because if they are smart, they would contact us. If they are stupid, then who cares anyway?

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 9:27pm

ironblade41

ironblade41

523 posts

I believe that it is possible, but I'm not saying they are real.

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 9:31pm

tegan190

tegan190

614 posts

Not really sure if I believe in them, or I'm just bored of the real non extraterrestrial world. I believe that there is something out there, not necessarily only in space, but possibly underground?

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 9:35pm

ProfessorOak

ProfessorOak

778 posts

If they are stupid, then who cares anyway?

... It would mean that some form of life is possible somewhere else, which a LOT of people would care about.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 2:33pm

Skulltivator

Skulltivator

645 posts

I do not believe in aliens because if they are smart, they would contact us.

If we were smart, we would have contacted them already. What does that say about us?

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 3:18pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,939 posts

Knight

I do not believe in aliens because if they are smart, they would contact us. If they are stupid, then who cares anyway?

That sentence doesn't make sense.. so you think if aliens existed they have to be smart, and if they're smart they have to contact us, and so you don't believe in aliens? But on the same time you leave it open that there might be non-intelligent aliens?

I'd also contest the statement that they would necessarily contact us if they were smart enough to do so and were aware of our presence. The only way of knowing such a  thing would be to actually know the alien to be able to judge.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 4:51pm

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

215 posts

I know this isn't much of a reason to believe in aliens... But I do believe there is some sort of extra-terrestrial life form out there somewhere in one of the many galaxies and universes. It's incomprehensible to me that we can be the only planet with life forms on it considering the enormity of the universe.

If it turns out there are aliens you just called us stupid for not being able to contact them.