ForumsArt, Music, and WritingA Minecraft-themed story

10 4050
lC4l
lC4l
221 posts
Nomad

This is my first attempt at actually trying to write a story.

Prologue: The Siege
Part I

The commander trembled with anticipation as the sun set. *Just one more night* he thought. *If we just survive this last night, we'll be free* Silence descended on the fortress as the sun disappeared from the horizon. For a moment, nothing happened. Then, there was a thunderous rumble and with a massive roar, the nearby mountain rose up and exposed a massive tunnel, and from it, slimes, zombies, skeletons, creepers, and spiders swarmed out of it and began to surround the plain around the fortress.

"Prepare the explosives!" he ordered as the army advanced towards the castle. "Aaand... Now!" A deafening explosion rocked the earth, and disintegrated thousands of mobs while exposing the lava moat below. *That should hold them off* the commander thought with a smile. But suddenly, with puffs of smoke, endermen appeared among the army, all of them carrying blocks of wooden planks. They quickly set to building a bridge, and, within minutes, completely covered the moat. With a rumble of triumph from the creatures, they charged once again at the fortress.

"Trigger the next trap!" the commander yelled as the army advanced closer. "And ready the cannons!" When the mobs reached the next trap, another explosion rocked the earth, and revealed another lava moat. Although thousands more died, the Endermen again quickly sealed over the moat and they advanced yet again.
"Commander! The cannons are ready for firing!" One of the soldiers called out. He answered, "Count to five, then send these things to the Void." With resounding blasts, blocks of TNT were launched into the mass of enemies, exploding on contact. Many of the monsters were killed, but all in all, it only seemed to slow them down. Soon, they reached the final trap. The ground fell away, revealing massive tunnels, and from them, an unending torrent of iron golems, snow golems, and dogs flooded out and viciously attacked the mobs. It seemed like certain victory was at hand. The attackers were being pushed back from the fortress little by little, and their numbers seemed to dwindle to almost countable amounts.

*Come on... Just a few more hours...* The commander thought as he watched the battle below. *Just a few more hours and we'll be rid of him from this realm...* Suddenly, the ground trembled violently, unbalancing him. "Commander!" Marc yelled as he barged into the room. "I think you should come look at this," Marc motioned for the commander to follow him and set off for the nearest guard tower.

He tried to ask what it was, but Marc only shook his head and kept on ascending the tower. When they finally reached the top, Marc pulled out a telescope and handed it to the commander. He took it and looked out at the army. "What am I supposed to be looking at?" he asked. "There, sir." Marc answered, directing the telescope to the back. The commander's blood ran cold. At the back of the army, A long streak of swirling purple mist completely surrounded them, and from it poured hundreds of pig zombies, magma cubes, blazes, and ghasts. "And that's not all." Marc redirected the telescope again and showed him the cavernous tunnel that the mobs came from. The commander's breath stopped as he saw what looked like an endless wave of mobs surging from the tunnel and joining the rest of the army. He looked down again at the defenders and noticed that only a few were left, the rest slain.

"Well, the best we can hope for now is for the walls to last the night." the commander sighed resignedly and sat down. "The walls and foundation are lined with obsidian. It should hold them off long enough, so as long as we take care of the ghasts, blazes, and endermen, we'll be able to survive the night." He checked his watch. *Two hours until sunrise.* "Signal our men to prepare to fight. They've been sitting around all night with nothing to do. I bet they're ready to kill just about anything right now." "Yes, commander." Marc answered and signaled to the other Venturers to prepare for battle. A loud war cry answered them. "You're right as always commander." he said with a chuckle. They watched solemnly as the archers took their places on the ramparts.

"You should get back to the keep, commander. It's not safe here." an archer said as he climbed out of the trapdoor. The commander nodded and faced Marc. "Are you coming with me?" he asked. Marc grinned and answered, "What? And let these sad excuses for archers have all the fun?" The commander smiled and started down the ladder. "Take care then Marc, and may Noth protect you."

• 10 Replies
hawkeye
hawkeye
243 posts
Nomad

Wow that's actually pretty long I don't think anyone will have the patience to read this.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

^Thankfully, the people you'll actually want to hear from will be patient enough to read this.

The concept is nice, and it's pretty well written. I'm interested to see where it goes, so you'll be hearing from me in the near future.

hitcher017
hitcher017
62 posts
Nomad

Even if it was rubbish I'd have still read it because it's about Minecraft

Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

Wow that's actually pretty long I don't think anyone will have the patience to read this.

I think anyone who calls themselves a Minecraft fan will read this. I did. Also- is that it or are there going to be more? i want to know why the mobs will stop spawning if they survive the night. I need more background info.....Im a lil confused...
lC4l
lC4l
221 posts
Nomad

*UPDATE*

At the top of the keep, he checked his watch one last time. *Just one more hour until sunrise! We're so close!* As he was thinking this, the lamp in the room flickered off. He ducked down for a moment, waiting for his eyes to adjust. In the silence he heard a soft poof and smelled the distinctive scent of the End realm.

He unsheathed his sword and paused for a moment. Then, in one swift movement, he spun around and cleanly sliced an enderman in half. It shrieked in pain and dissolved into the pearlescent pebbles of End stone. He ducked as another one that had appeared behind him tried to smash his head in with a stone block. The commander quickly retaliated and sliced off one of its arms in one fluid movement. The enderman screamed in pain and disappeared, gone back to the End to regenerate.

Hearing the distant clash of metal downstairs, he opened the door and ran down. By the time he reached the bottom, the fighting had stopped, replaced by an eerie silence. He quietly peeked outside the door, and saw the aftermath of a massacre. Blood, gore, and severed limbs covered the ground. A mass of zombies were huddled around a pile of dead guards at the center of the corridor, eating noisily. The commander opened the door and tried to sneak around them. As he moved around them, he accidentally stepped on an arm and tripped. The zombies paused and looked directly at him. He scrambled up and ran for the door, the zombies close behind. He ran out and slammed the door closed as one of them reached for him, breaking its arm and getting it stuck in the doorjamb.

The commander looked around. The keep was strangely quiet. He ran through the hallways, his footsteps echoing off the stone floor. Some places showed signs of a struggle. A corpse every so often, piles of bones and ashes, arrows studded in the walls, and bloody smears on the walls and floor. "Is there anyone here?!" He bellowed. As he ran past the central chamber, the door opened and a guard peeked out. "Sir! In here!" The gaurd whispered loudly.

The central chamber was packed with everyone inside the keep. "Why is everyone in here?" The commander asked. "About half an hour ago, we were ambushed by endermen." One of the guards answered. "They were carrying zombies and skeletons with them.
There was only a few, though. The fighting was easy until we reached the corridor to the tower. There were so many zombies there..." The gaurd looked down shamefacedly. "We did the best we could to reach you, but we had too many casualties, we feared that we would just be added to their ranks." The commander patted the guard's shoulder reassuringly. "I understand." He said. "The last moments are always the most difficult. Let's just hope that nothing worse happens."

//Sorry for the wait. Takes me a while to get inspired. And @Faunbard- there is going to be more, and I can't tell you why the mobs will stop spawning. The point of the story(and its background info) will be revealed at the end of the story.//

Zeus01
Zeus01
37 posts
Nomad

Nice, minecraft is one of my favorite game, although i enjoy night, i once slayed an army of 10 creepers, what a rush!

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

this is actually pretty good, u should move the *update* to a new topic, (MC Story prt. 2). Most people dont bother to go into the comments

lC4l
lC4l
221 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the tip. I'll put up the next/final part as soon as I can.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Just a suggestions, if you wanna keep this more minecraft themed and not LOTR or something, have the aftermath me a mass of exp orbs and monster drops instead of severed limbs and dead bodies.

Dombro
Dombro
6 posts
Nomad

tl;dr

Showing 1-10 of 10