nobody should....nobody should hate anyone
everyone should just get along
what do you think??

• 14 Replies
kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

i think this is a spamm topic LOL well i think the most guys are jealous like in my case the most are insulting me for no reason and i also think we will always have people like these

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Not a spam topic, though I guess it could have been better expressed.

Hatred is a large part of our lives- one could say it's the other half of how the world goes around. Because sometimes luuuurve just don't seem to be enough.

Okay, not to be silly anymore- hate is a natural emotion but it's also generally less justified and counterproductive because it tends to maladaptive responses.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

all hate and war is on opinions, if they don't like what one is doing/saying then they hate them and go to war

well i think the most guys are jealous like in my case the most are insulting me for no reason and i also think we will always have people like these

well i guess i have a reason now you egotistical bastard :P
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

And what is opinion based on?

i.e. Why wouldn't somebody like what you are doing or saying?

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

I don't really want to get along with everyone...i enjoy pissing some people off(though i wouldn't say that i hate, just jest) and some people feel they have a right to hate because they are better. I think an issue like this is useless to even think about let alone discuss. Much like world peace or being a pacifist, its a useless hopeless dream where energy could be better used elsewhere...

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

All discussion of hatred need not center around one's aversion or fondness of it.

The usefulness of discussing such a thing as 'hatred' is in fostering awareness of it- so it gives you something to consider about your own behavior.

sezel69
sezel69
18 posts
Nomad

lifes to short for hatred

theorywizard
theorywizard
4 posts
Nomad

life is to short for hatred sezel. But the world, with it's six billion people or more(i lost count), is just to big to express such an idea(which would be peace). you are asking the very question that many great ponderers have asked before you and many shall ask it ahead of you. ignorance and misunderstanding is a big part of hate that will never be extinguised in your lifetime. the world isn't ready for peace yet, everyone is too blind, too deaf, and too impatient to accept peace. nobody thinks anymore because their tv/computer/phone/friends do for them. good ideas may be becoming extinct.

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

Hatred. Love. Happiness. Sadness. Joy. Pain. Kill. Be killed.

Hatred is looked upon as a negative emotion. I think that it shouldn't always be looked at in that fashion. Hatred for another person for petty reasons, like skin color or social/personal beliefs and affiliations is obtuse in the worst way.

Hatred of something that can only cause pain or death like Cancer, Aids, drugs of the illegal sort. That can lead to a cure or abolishment. On a personal note, if you want to know my opinion on druges

You have to define hatred for yourself, and come to terms with it. It can be useful and destructive.

FunkyMonkey
FunkyMonkey
22 posts
Nomad

Hatred is not something that can be stopped. Or stopped easily. It started at the beginning of humanity, and even before. Or if you're religious it was because Adam and Eve ate the apple of knowledge. I'm going to take the non-religious approach. It started with the early humans, probably over disputes of who gets what food or who gets the better sleeping spot. It has developed from there, and as we develop more things, we develop more hatred, envy, and jealousy.

Pretty much the only way to remove Hatred from your life is to remove items from your life, like the monks of Early and High Medieval Europe or the Buddhist monks. It requires concentration of the body and mind, and leaving all your mundane possessions behind. It also helps to be a hermit, as you will have no neighbors to be jealous of.

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

What causes hate is also jelous and envy, you want what they have, or your jelous of what they have, and eventually jelousy and envy turns into hate, which makes you have the person and envy them, which is not good, the way some people act rude and violent sometimes can lead to hatred, in my opinion though.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Well, I've seen plenty of definitions that revolve around hatred relative to other emotions, as well as the various 'mechanisms' of hatred.

But I haven't seen 'hatred' defined in itself yet. I have my own definition but I want to see yours.

The next question I will ask is whether hatred is something that is confined to humans.

FunkyMonkey
FunkyMonkey
22 posts
Nomad

That is a good question. But first, a definition of hatred: a feeling of dislike so strong that it demands action.

Looking at that definition, I think hatred is purley human. It would make sense that dislike is not confined to humans, but on a smaller scale than ours, not quite developing hatred.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Not bad, I can certainly see where you're coming from on that one.

Any other takers? I want to see a cross-section forming!

Showing 1-14 of 14