130 posts
Nomad

i think its going to be good especially with RG3 and Andrew Luck

• 266 Replies
XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

I think the NFL has peaked. i think players are going to start making less money and the sport is going to get a little less popular over the next few years. I can't really see how it could get any MORE popular.

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

anyone have any thoughts about Drew Brees's new contract?

that shows a lot about drew brees character
selfish and only in it for the money
what else do you guyz think it shows

i agree
we can't keep have\\ing the packers, 9ers,steelers, patriots, saints , etc. on top all the time
thats why i wanted the texans to win so they can change it up for once
AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

Yeah I mean the NFL has been dominated by the same 4-5 teams for the last 7-8 years. I am glad to see the Lions starting to come along and change it up a little. Also, it's the same players doing all the work. Brady Rodgers Brees and the Mannings. I mean the preseason hasn't started yet and I can guarantee that the Pats Saints And Packers will make the playoffs and that the Dolphins won't. Rookies that go undrafted only look to go to the teams like New England Green Bay New Orleans and New York. The only glimmer I hope I see is Peyton goin to the Broncos to hopefully change things up in that division to make it look a little more intimidating you know? Raiders Chargers Broncos and Chiefs?? 4 respectable but nothing special teams. And players like Ray Rice Matt Forte and Brees, the franchise tagged players, are starting to get greedy. They are sitting out from training camp because they won't get the tens of millions of dollars they so crave. We all saw what happened to Chris Johnson after he waited out on signing and I think one of those players will repeat that this year. And players are getting dumb. AP and Dez Bryant have been arrested for thinking that they are invincible and above the law cuz they are million dollar athletes. GET A GRIP. And don't get me started on guys like Dwayne Bowe who have yet to sign their contracts. It makes me sick

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

o i tottally agree
the nfl needs to invent some way to actually let teams that never make it in to the playoffs make it in
or let someone who is at the bottom of their division actually have a chance to be at the top
i would either say cut the drafts or change up the divsions
like instead of AFC south make it AFC group 4 ( which would be the teams who are always at the bottom of the AFC) or something like that

AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

Or regroup the divisions. Put the Pats and Packers in the same division and the Saints and Giants in another so it can only take 1 or 2 of those powerhouse teams to the playoffs and 1 or 2 slack teams have a better chance

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

I mean the preseason hasn't started yet and I can guarantee that the Pats Saints And Packers will make the playoffs and that the Dolphins won't.

that is totally untrue. there is absolutely no guarantee. Any given sunday. The reason this sport is so popular is BECAUSE any team has a chance. Its not like basketball where one player makes a team great. and basketball really is dominated by the same players and teams. Every year ESPN is buzzing about a team that has turned around greatly from last year.

The only glimmer I hope I see is Peyton going to the Broncos to hopefully change things up in that division to make it look a little more intimidating you know?

what are you talking about? the Broncos made it to the playoffs last season and beat the steelers in the first round.

the nfl needs to invent some way to actually let teams that never make it in to the playoffs make it in
or let someone who is at the bottom of their division actually have a chance to be at the top

you guys are all wrong. teams turn around every year. Since 2000 there have been 9 different teams win the superbowl.
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

There will be a lot of good teams this year. I'm anxious to see who will win the Super Bowl, and see how Robert Griffin plays in the NFL.

AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

U guys arent getting what I'm saying. Sure different teams may win the super bowl every couple years but look at the lack of fluctuation in playoff teams. When was the last time the Patriots didnt make the playoffs? When was the last time the Raiders or the Dolphins did? And the only reason the Broncos made the playoffs is because, like I JUST SAID, they are in a weak *** division. Maybe u shud read a little more of each comment before you go off. And we all know that the Steeler game was total BS luck and anyone who thinks otherwise needs help.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

The dolphins made the playoffs in '08 when they had that great turn around season. sure they lost in the first round. but once in the playoffs they had a shot at the Superbowl.

Maybe u shud read a little more of each comment before you go off.

i read the whole thing thank you.

and the teams do fluctuate just not EVERY year. it takes time sometimes to rebuild a team. I bet when Brady throws in the towel the pats will have a few down years. And maybe the redskins will do better with Griffin?

The way i see it every year you have the teams you know will be good and the teams you know will be bad. But some will surprise you every year. a bad team last year might turn around. And a good team from last year might not do as well. but do you think every year all the good teams will suddenly miss the playoffs? And all of the bad teams will still do badly?
1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

Now that i see the draft picks and all it probably will be ravens vs.49ers

AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

But some will surprise you every year

I agree 100%, the thing is that by "surprise" its like a 5-11 team goes 8-8 or something. Nobody really threatens the Super Bowl from the big 4 teams (Pats Packers Giants Saints) except the Lions right now.

I bet when Brady throws in the towel the pats will have a few down years.

Well of course, but until then they are still an absolute powerhouse and I GUARANTEE will not miss the playoffs unless Brady goes down with injury
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

Or regroup the divisions. Put the Pats and Packers in the same division and the Saints and Giants in another so it can only take 1 or 2 of those powerhouse teams to the playoffs and 1 or 2 slack teams have a better chance

Well actually that ont woArk cuz they will eventually have to playagainst them or

you guys are all wrong.  teams turn around every year.  Since 2000 there have been 9 different teams win the superbowl.

So how many team sit at the bottom of their division every year

U guys arent getting what I'm saying. Sure different teams may win the super bowl every couple years but look at the lack of fluctuation in playoff teams. When was the last time the Patriots didnt make the playoffs? When was the last time the Raiders or the Dolphins did? And the only reason the Broncos made the playoffs is because, like I JUST SAID, they are in a weak *** division. Maybe u shud read a little more of each comment before you go off. And we all know that the Steeler game was total BS luck and anyone who thinks otherwise needs help.

You tell him angel

The way i see it every year you have the teams you know will be good and the teams you know will be bad.  But some will surprise you every year.  a bad team last year might turn around.  And a good team from last year might not do as well.  but do you think every year all the good teams will suddenly miss the playoffs?  And all of the bad teams will still do badly?

That can mean nothing
It's not every year that happens and it's usually only one team

XVERB just read the comment and try to see our point plz cuz your not really on our lvl
XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

So how many team sit at the bottom of their division every year

well they are there for a reason. probably bad coaching or lack of talent. that can only last for so long. eventually they will get a better coach, and being a bad team means they will get to go early in the draft.

What you guys are saying is true. right now the league and playoffs are dominated by a few teams. but im just telling you the NFL won't do anything about, The teams will, The giants aren't going to be the best team in the NFC East forever. The eagles have the talent to be better than them they just need to get it together.

Its the same with the jets. If they can work everything out i could see them winning their division. Instead of the Pats.

with that said... What do you mean im not on your "lvl" hahaha? how does that even work we aren't playing a game.
AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
418 posts
Nomad

Okay let's put the negative energy behind us. This thread isn't for saying someone knows more than someone, let's just debate more on the NFL and not attack each other. I for one am happy we finally have some disagreement in this. Thanks XVERB for bringing a different opinion to the discussion

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

definitely agree angel. Discussions are boring if we all have the same opinion.

Showing 76-90 of 266