ForumsWEPRNik Wallenda walks over Niagra Falls and makes history!!!

17 6669
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

Starting with a two hour countdown Nik Wallenda is the seventh generation of wire walkers. June 16th 2012 at 1:00 A.M. New York time (U.S.) Nik Wallenda walked a thrid of a mile across a wire the size of 3 pennies thick. He had to go through 16 mile per hour winds, frezzing cold water, and a 40 pound pole on his back to Canada. He had the communication to his father to tell him how he was doing and to give him advice. He did have a saftey harness on his body for saftey issues. He did not want it, but it was too dangerous go without it. Here is a video if you wanna see what it looked like. He made it there in a little over 30 minutes.

• 17 Replies
Zee_
Zee_
16 posts
Nomad

oh halfway over, the station carrying it blacked out and i never knew he made it over until the next day screw you ABC

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

I actually thought it was going to be done without a safety harness. Tuned in to watch him cross Canada around the twenty minute mark and was disappointed to see he had a safety harness. Then I tuned out.

yah he didn't want it

then think that it is impossible to happen to you because you have safety on. unlike the others.

yah but still
its not they dying part
its the achievement part

(was it ABC?)

yes

He didn't WANT to. It was the only way that the news channel (was it ABC?) would broadcast it. If he hadn't worn a harness the channel wouldn't have broadcasted it and only like 1000 people would have seen it happen. If he had taken it off mid-walk they would have cut off the viewing. It wasn't because he wimped out or anything...

TV is not allowed to show people dying
Showing 16-17 of 17