ForumsThe TavernCity or Country

16 3142
bigmac258
bigmac258
103 posts
Nomad

Would you rather live in the city where there's more places to go but you cant do much, or live in the country with less places to go but your able to do more

• 16 Replies
ChanistheMan
ChanistheMan
11 posts
Nomad

hmmm...good question id go with the city though

Volltagge
Volltagge
26 posts
Nomad

Depends on what you mean do less or do more ... I can't see how you can do more in the country when there are a lot less opportunities than the city.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I can't see how you can do more in the country when there are a lot less opportunities than the city.

He might be referring to things like city ordinances preventing stuff. In that sense, you can do more stuff like fireworks or hunting.
dragonkeeper1
dragonkeeper1
8 posts
Peasant

Country. No one ever wants to explore the entire country, just some of the cool parts.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

I would rather live on 20,000 acres of wilderness. Plenty of room for high explosives and automatic weapons.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

I like the country for living but I like vacations to cities. In these times it usually works in the opposite way. Most people live in cities and go on vacation in the country (in this case: everything outside the city)

But I like the way cities are organized. Especially in a foreign city. It feels like you are walking through a machine and every person is a little cog in this machine.

Yet you are an explorer venturing through the machine. (great idea for a book by the way, a miniature explorer venturing through some kind of clockwork....) You can look at everything even be part of some actions in it but you do not know how to function in it on an everyday scale unless you live in it.

bigmac258
bigmac258
103 posts
Nomad

yup emperor palpatine's right

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I lived almost all my life in the city (Montreal, Canada) and I liked it. I did pretty much everything on bike (shopping, work,fun,etc).
I used to ride for a while to get in the country and bring my lunch and have a picnic with my buddies. Everything is close when it comes to services and places to go out. I now live in the country and it's different, the air is better to breath and it's way more quiet but I have to drive forever to get anywhere.
I think both have advantages and disadvantages so I like both.

bigmac258
bigmac258
103 posts
Nomad

well i used to live in the city now i live in a small community in the moutains called Big island its okay i guess we got 2 places to eat plenty of places to hike problem is the only school we have is elementary so anyone whos not elementary has to go to another town (bedford) which is 50 minutes so i guess i like the city and the country

bigmac258
bigmac258
103 posts
Nomad

i meant to put 50 min away

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

Country. I've live there my whole life. I always feel claustraphobic in big cities. The tall buildings make me feel so small. I'd rather be dwarved by a million stars in the sky than dirty skyscrapers and polluted air.

bj22910
bj22910
33 posts
Nomad

I agree with cjhall. I like the nice peaceful country with its clean air and natural beauty more than the busy city with its huge buildings and polluted air.

djme
djme
125 posts
Shepherd

defanintly county, there may be less shop's and fun places to go but there's way more fun things to do.

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

city
and you can do a lot in the city

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Country, OR an Age of Sail city, or a post apocalyptic, demi-steampunk, cosmopolitan city. This kinda city would be a blend of Machinarium and Haven City of Jak 2. Why this? Because modern cities suck. I hate cars except for a select few, and I hate concrete with a will. And I can't see the stars with all the smog. I don't care about light pollution, I love light. I love argon globes and I love lanterns profusely. But I do like to see the stars.

Showing 1-15 of 16