ForumsWEPRReligion Poll

140 35311
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

***I am a Catholic, and I know there are a lot of haters out there, so if you don't like me because I am a proud Catholic, you can leave.***

I am a proud Catholic (as it says above) .

This topic will be (hopefully) a vote to see what percentage of the users on ArmorGames are part of the following religions:
Christians,
Muslims,
Jews,
Buddhists,
Hindus, (and other religions) . I hope no one here will make fun of anyone else, and I respect anyone who is my religion, and/or who is a different religion then me.

Please list below in your comment if you are part of any of the religions placed above, and if you are part of a religion not placed above. No trolling people because of there religion. If I see it, you may be reported to a mod.

Thanks!
-Mickeyryn

• 140 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Everything.

Didn't you know sandwiches are religion's babies? We're all to busy praying or whatever to go home and have real meals, so we slapped some random ingredients together and created the sandwich.

History lesson.

Common logic, but what I meant was why do people relate sandwiches to religion? I see memes on the internet once in a while of a Biblical passage with a message under stating simply, "sandwiches." I'm also aware that AG users made a phony religion where they worshiped a sandwich god. That was a joke, I know.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Common logic, but what I meant was why do people relate sandwiches to religion? I see memes on the internet once in a while of a Biblical passage with a message under stating simply, "sandwiches." I'm also aware that AG users made a phony religion where they worshiped a sandwich god. That was a joke, I know.

I actually have never seen anything regarding biblical scripture and sandwiches, and I'm disappointed.

Memes make me laugh.

But seriously, I can't think of a connection between sandwiches and religion.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

So you're likening people like Mother Teresa to a gullible tourist? She had faith.

Mother Theresa wasn't as kind and helpful as people think, so why not? ^^
She amassed people in shelters where she would not treat them and only pray for them, letting them die in certain cases. Sort of a 'ain cult'. Out of faith.
Still indiscriminately respect people with faith?

IMO what people do mostly reflects their personality instead of their faith. Faith can and will be adapted to personality. I don't respect/disrespect people solely because of their faith, I respect/disrespect them for what they do.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

IMO what people do mostly reflects their personality instead of their faith. Faith can and will be adapted to personality. I don't respect/disrespect people solely because of their faith, I respect/disrespect them for what they do.

Good statement. Ironically enough I'm fairly stubborn and close minded, and yet I'm really skeptical about my own beliefs. Sometimes I see it as a safety net though. Religion also helps give you something to believe in, while science tells you the earth could be destroyed any year now. There are so many dangers out in the universe. Call me naive, but I think I'm pretty strong as far as my knowledge goes.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I can dig that to an extent. I mean, just because you're a christian doesn't mean you go around helping the needy or erecting shelters for the poor homeless kids in the rain forests of the DRC. And it sways the other way too; just because you're a muslim doesn't mean you regularly strap yourself with dynamite just in case somebody offends you.
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

...So... Wow, this is confusing....

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Haha, I apologize if any of this has confused you.

I try my best to explain my thinking with metaphors or analogies...maybe they aren't always as clear as I intend. >.>

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

I can dig that to an extent. I mean, just because you're a christian doesn't mean you go around helping the needy or erecting shelters for the poor homeless kids in the rain forests of the DRC. And it sways the other way too; just because you're a muslim doesn't mean you regularly strap yourself with dynamite just in case somebody offends you.

this is true. but somehow i do think the only reason it is true is because of so many branches and ways to explain the bible. there are christians who claim that non-believers dont go to hell and that homosexuality isnt a sin. and if a person is open minded enough he will not be racist even if he gets the most racist education from the most racist family in existance.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

What no SANDwich? Be gone with you!

Yes, master. Of course.
What does religion have to do with sandwiches? A lot. mainly regarding the fact that the sandwich was a religious discovery, making men mix bread and meat/vegetables together so they could finish faster and attend church sooner.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

this is true. but somehow i do think the only reason it is true is because of so many branches and ways to explain the bible. there are christians who claim that non-believers dont go to hell and that homosexuality isnt a sin. and if a person is open minded enough he will not be racist even if he gets the most racist education from the most racist family in existance.

True, but it takes a lot more to overcome the most racist family and upbringing than an open mind, since you've been taught not to have an open mind regarding that subject, at all, ever, and forever.

What does religion have to do with sandwiches? A lot. mainly regarding the fact that the sandwich was a religious discovery, making men mix bread and meat/vegetables together so they could finish faster and attend church sooner.

Exactly! That way we could go back to condemning all the atheists and gays to hell quicker, increasing the amount ****ed by approximately 16.2%. Efficiency is our motto.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Haha, I apologize if any of this has confused you.
I try my best to explain my thinking with metaphors or analogies...maybe they aren't always as clear as I intend. >.>

I think he's more confused on how to sift through 12 pages to make the religion poll list.

Sometimes I see it as a safety net though.

Safety from what? Are you implying Pascal's Wager?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

So you're likening people like Mother Teresa to a gullible tourist? She had faith.

Yep...

As already pointed out she is nothing to brag about.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Yep...

Aight. That's cool. Each to his/her own.

I think he's more confused on how to sift through 12 pages to make the religion poll list.

And I guess that's true. I have to say, I don't really ever read past the last page. Spending 30 minutes of my day sifting through 500 forum posts is not ideal; I usually just hope to get the gist from the last few posts.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Calling out on Religious bashing is whipped out as a regular countering technique in arguments, yet people of all faiths are regularly told via their texts or clergy that other religions/non-religious people are sinners and have no place in whatever ideal world their purported beliefs will result in. I don't see how the former needs to be condemned if the later continues.

Anyway, the trend is growing upwards for agnostics and atheists; I wonder how this will result in the future? Anyone wants to do any speculation?

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Atheist cults?

Heck if George Lucas can do it, anybody can.

Showing 106-120 of 140