ForumsWEPRReligion Poll

140 35361
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

***I am a Catholic, and I know there are a lot of haters out there, so if you don't like me because I am a proud Catholic, you can leave.***

I am a proud Catholic (as it says above) .

This topic will be (hopefully) a vote to see what percentage of the users on ArmorGames are part of the following religions:
Christians,
Muslims,
Jews,
Buddhists,
Hindus, (and other religions) . I hope no one here will make fun of anyone else, and I respect anyone who is my religion, and/or who is a different religion then me.

Please list below in your comment if you are part of any of the religions placed above, and if you are part of a religion not placed above. No trolling people because of there religion. If I see it, you may be reported to a mod.

Thanks!
-Mickeyryn

• 140 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I can see how that works, though I'm not sure about the Mary part. Just because she birthed Jesus doesn't mean she is perfect.

Probably she was perfect and thus was chosen to give birth to jesus.

But it shows once again how diverse a religion can be and how few understanding there is between the different groups (the purgatory part, not the quote above).

Well what do you think? When we die....that's it? Blackness? A void? Doesn't that make you terrified of death? Whether or not religion is true, at least some people have the comfort of believing there is something else.

Why focus on something you made up to not feel frightened, instead of accepting the inevitable and focus on the important, your life? Those who are terrified by death don't quite understand life.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I can see how that works, though I'm not sure about the Mary part. Just because she birthed Jesus doesn't mean she is perfect.

Wouldn't that make Jesus imperfect? After all, he would not have the perfect mother...

Well what do you think? When we die....that's it? Blackness? A void? Doesn't that make you terrified of death? Whether or not religion is true, at least some people have the comfort of believing there is something else.

It is exactly like before you where born. No blackness, no void, not that you would be able to notice. It is simply not existing, like before you where born. Of course I don't want to die, but nothingness is not exactly something to hide in the corner and cry about. Are you afraid of nothing?

False comfort and false hope? Why would you want such things? And assuming you actually believed that, then why wouldn't you choose the religion with the best after life?

You can't just lie to yourself every day to get rid of your cowardice and fear, you can face it like a man.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

And assuming you actually believed that, then why wouldn't you choose the religion with the best after life?

one of the smartest things ive ever heard in a religious debate. why not choose the religion that is also the most accepting and truly loving?
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

You can't just lie to yourself every day to get rid of your cowardice and fear, you can face it like a man.

.....Assuming that's what you believe.

Probably she was perfect and thus was chosen to give birth to jesus.

But it shows once again how diverse a religion can be and how few understanding there is between the different groups (the purgatory part, not the quote above)

But I think the quote above also illustrates that. My sect doesn't worship the virgin Mary. I mean, she wasn't a virgin forever. And yes, she was a choice maiden, but she wasn't 100% completely stain-free. Nobody has been. At least this is what we're taught.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Alright, there's no more polling for eachother's religion and we have decided to argue in this thread which declares it a duplicate. Head on over to the main thread to do this.

Showing 136-140 of 140