ForumsThe TavernNew Computer

4 1159
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I'm on a 10 year old borrowed computer with a processor that's dying and a hard drive that sounds like a clicky pen. It's time to get a new computer.
I'm looking for a PC mostly for doing graphic design for around $600-700.

This is the best I've been able to find so far.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Inspiron+Desktop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/5773209.p?id=1218694831351&skuId=5773209&st=Dell%20Inspiron&cp=1&lp=1

Anyone have any suggestions?

• 4 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Anyone have any suggestions?

Ever thought about buying a laptop?
I used to like PC's better because I used to build them myself.
I now have 2 laptops and 1 PC but I always use the laptops.
The only problem is to get used to the smaller keyboard but besides that it's easy + you can use a normal mouse.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Ever thought about buying a laptop?

Yes I was considering it and the money I have set aside was to be for a laptop. But getting an equivalent laptop will likely raise the price and I do need to keep that in mind when buying.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

If you're looking at a dell, you can build your own custom computer on their website, too. I don't know if it'll be cheaper, but it's worth a shot

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Yes I was considering it and the money I have set aside was to be for a laptop. But getting an equivalent laptop will likely raise the price and I do need to keep that in mind when buying.

It might be a little more expensive but the prices are dropping on older models (6 months ago to 1 year).
An other important fact to consider is the noise and the heat.
My main laptop has everything connected to it (printer, mouse, speakers, digital turntable, HD-PVR, TV output) so it's not very portable but it's so much quieter and it doesn't produce as much heat as a PC. Unless you plan on using it to heat your house during Winter, xD...
Showing 1-4 of 4