ForumsGamesNew MMO Swords & Potions

20 4251
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts
Blacksmith

Hey, who's on Swords & Potions? I'd like members for my guild.

• 20 Replies
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

The game was an average game, I thought at first, not really good not to bad. But this game looks like it is specifically designed to get money. There is nothing you can do for free, you can play a few rounds but then you have to wait for twenty minutes or pay. The guild system is part of this, it is simply a recruitment scheme, forcing you to get your friends to join as well. It really is just a big money grab, witch normally would be fine with me, but it gets really annoying when you realize that it is surrounded by literally hundreds of better, free games

/rant. Sounds like a good place to post it.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Don't waste your time, you have to pay to play. It's free if you like waiting 20+ minutes to get to the next day. If not you'll be spending a massive amount of money on the game just to play it.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I don't like the game. For one it is just not my type of game and I find it boring. Also it is a money grab game. I am fine with delevopers putting in content that you have to pay for but don't make the same almost impossible to play without paying.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

At first sight this game looked awesome! Nice graphics, extended gameplay and nice produce/sell/explore game! But... then you actually start playing it for a while and you find ALL sorts of things piling up to annoy and irritate you and in the end... you quit playing it! That can't be the goal of this game, can it?! (o.O)

The game is extremely bugged and lagging, even up to the point of getting an error message every minute for your game provider's server not being in sinc with the developer's server... the game freezes with a timer 'ticking' it's way up to 10 and then after a few seconds of pay time... it happens again! =/

The items for sale to improve your shop are WAY to expensive and you start off by buying stuff you can't use when not having the right workers and inventory, like an armor rack when having no armor to display... talking about displaying stuff: it's never mentioned in any way how you can add inventory to the rack? Why?! Impossible to find out as there is no decent FAQ or help section provided with the game... *sigh* =/

And another annoying fact is that you are told to be able to invite friends to join your guild, BUT... the search engine implemented in the game is not working properly and displaying error messages all the time or mostly stays blank! Why add it to the game I may ask thou? =/

Overall, this game is pretty worthless for aledgedly free gaming, unless... you have a pile of money and all the free time in the world! Guess what... not me! (o.O)

There's not even a comment section or a game developers profile link added to the game to spill your guts about a game as bad as this... that's why I'm using this (sort of) general discussion thread about "Swords & Potions" as my place to rant. Sorry Murasaki9...

In the end, all I can say to ArmorGames about this game: it's a huge "Swing... & MISS!"

/RANT

pureparadise
pureparadise
1 posts
Nomad

is the server down?

chickenshot
chickenshot
7 posts
Nomad

i like the concept of the game and the game but the thing that i dont like is the wait time and the tokens because that involves money and i dont have it

ninhlun99
ninhlun99
15 posts
Peasant

just play it for a few hour,and it not pretty good for me,it kinda boring

Lamatiel
Lamatiel
6 posts
Nomad

Hmm ... I tested the game, played some days. Except for occasional lag, none of the above mentioned errors occured.

S&P Wiki (unfortunately, the "official" Wiki unfortunately is practically non-existant):
http://swordsandpotions.wikia.com/wiki/Swords_and_Potions_Wiki

To the right of the game, there's a speech bubble which will take you to the official Edgebee Forum (creator of this game) where you can ask questions not covered by the wiki.

Regarding turn limit, tokens, and such:
Edgebee is a company, not an individual creating games in their spare time. As such, it of course is aiming to make a profit. Using tokens will give you benefits (days, resources, faster store items etc.), but you are not required to spend any money on this game. It "just" will take more time to accomplish things.

If you logged in ~24h after the first time you played, you will see the Daily Gift Roulette. You can get tokens (up to 100 if the Streak Counter reaches 25), resources, gold, helpful items and extra days (Screenshot: http://s14.directupload.net/images/120701/vw5e2i9h.png ).

Lamatiel - Edgebee Community Manager

GaldirEonai
GaldirEonai
20 posts
Peasant

One of the most basic rules of gaming these days: Nine times out of ten, 'Free To Play' means 'Pay To Win'.

Freezezzy
Freezezzy
6 posts
Blacksmith

The game is fun for a while, until you realize that it's actually a Facebook game. Just another example of how gaming is being ruined by corporate greed.

KroPower
KroPower
7 posts
Nomad

Don't waste your time, you have to pay to play. It's free if you like waiting 20+ minutes to get to the next day. If not you'll be spending a massive amount of money on the game just to play it.

stinkyjim is justified.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

At first, I thought this game would be like an Action/Adventure type of game. Played a little, I wasn't very interested. I've seen many complaints about after a few Days you have to pay and all that stuff. Why do you want that much money. It's ridiculous.

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

I dont see why the admins decided to put a game that's almost a year old and pretty much dead up on AG.

GameJuMe
GameJuMe
106 posts
Nomad

I just started playing this game... first impressions not bad at all

Nighteyes01
Nighteyes01
8 posts
Peasant

I just started the game, so far i have enjoyed it. However, what's turning me off from wanting to play it more is the time limit between days.
I understand you want to make money, i wish you would go about it the right way. You need to make it playable for the average gamer, and that's not going to happen with all these unreasonable limitations mentioned in the previous posts.

Showing 1-15 of 20