ForumsThe Tavern2012 Summer Olympics

12 2096
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Well, hopefully by now you know that the Olympics are coming up. They are in London this year. Anyway, I assume most of you know what they are.

So are you excited for them? What is your favorite sport to watch? Who do you think will win different events?

• 12 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Good Lord, they left Beckham out. That's all I have to say. Apart from this being less spectacular then Beijing.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

I´m not that enthousiastic over the Games. I´m usually not. I think it´s because most of the sports do not interest me. I like the Winter Games more. They have cool sports such as bobsleding and iceskating.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I like the Winter Games more.

I have never really liked the Winter Games. Just none of the sports they have I like. So I am the opposite of you.

Personally I like swimming and track and field the best. I will watch gymnastics but I don't have a good feeling for this years USA team.
AngelOfDemon
AngelOfDemon
417 posts
Nomad

I am so pumped for the London Games. Although I am a little sour cuz I barely missed out on throwing the javelin in the games. I qualified in the California qualifiers but I crapped out in the national qualifier. But still soooo pumped

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Well nazi NBC is broadcasting them so it should be boring to death.
They will put us to sleep with water polo, beach volleyball, and basketball, then they will show reruns of water polo, beach volleyball and basketball. They will also filter out the athletes from other countries because they are racist and xenophobic. To sum it up, they will ruin it for me again.
I wish I were in Canada during the Olympics so I can really enjoy them on a non racist and ego-centered network.

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

Well, I have never been a huge fan of any sports, but I like watching the water sports. Ever since Michael Phelps won so many medals in Beijing, I have liked to watch swimming. I have even watched some friends' swimming meets for high school. Synchronized diving or whatever it is called is cool too.

Tristan29
Tristan29
1 posts
Constable

I'm really excited about these games, because I expect that, since last August ... I practice judo, and I look at the career of Teddy Riner with intent, this Olympic title would be a great reward to add to his collection, although it still has time to be others. He impresses me with its growth in the sport, I still remember his first competitions at county level ...
scuse-me for my english, wich is not very very good...

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Well I like to soccer and I don't feel like telling you my thought of who will win but I have a question

Don't the US men win the basketball part of the Olinpics like every year ? Well have they won every year since they let pros in

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Don't the US men win the basketball part of the Olinpics like every year ?

IDK. I don't follow the basketball. I know that when they had baseball we won so easily that they got rid of it.
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

Well have they won every year since they let pros in

we have the bes plaers in the world
ViceGhost
ViceGhost
30 posts
Nomad

Gymnastics are my favorite, don't judge. I'm just amazed by what those people can do. I'm also excited for the 2016 olympics because they're reinstating golf for the first time since 1904.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

they're reinstating golf for the first time since 1904.

Ugh. Really. Golf is so boring to watch. I don't see why it is so popular.
Gymnastics are my favorite, don't judge.

Well gymnastics would be number 2 for my favorite. Only swimming beats it.
Showing 1-12 of 12