ForumsThe TavernTour de France 2012

28 3939
hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

This is your discussion and news forum for the Tour de France 2012. Any thing you want to say about this subject goes here.

So today the first course was done. Fabian Cancellara won the time trial and so got the yellow jersey. I think Evans and Wiggins will still have some major changes in retrieving it though.

• 28 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Thibaut Pinot did a great job today, winning the stage for France.
Cadel Evans and Bradley Wiggin did great as well.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Hey, am I the only one watching the TDF?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Hey, am I the only one watching the TDF?

The what...?

Oh yeah, that bike thing. No, I'm not watching it. I only care about who wins for the trivial knowledge.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I ought to be watching it, seeing as probably a million Australians are camping in front of their TVs overnight to see if Cadel Evans can repeat last year. And causing billions of hours of lost productivity at the office in the process lol.

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Okay team sky is really good with wiggins,froome and cavendish so can BMC and Evans beat sky ? So far Wiggins is winning by over 1 minute cause he beat Cancellara and Froome in the time trial.

Erlkingvoice
Erlkingvoice
44 posts
Scribe

Missed it this morning. After i got up this morning, turned on the tube to find a replay of the time-trial.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Okay team sky is really good with wiggins,froome and cavendish so can BMC and Evans beat sky ? So far Wiggins is winning by over 1 minute cause he beat Cancellara and Froome in the time trial.

I totally agree, Evans has a lot of work to figure out a good strategy to gain time on Wiggins.
hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

Today Thomas Voeckler took the stage victory, the dotted jersey and the red number. He is a very tactical cyclist and took the lead at the end. I think he is a good cyclist but I don't think he has a chance for the yellow jersey.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Today Thomas Voeckler took the stage victory, the dotted jersey and the red number. He is a very tactical cyclist and took the lead at the end. I think he is a good cyclist but I don't think he has a chance for the yellow jersey.

The last kilometers looked painful, everybody was at the end of their rope but Voeckler prevailed. My legs were hurting in support for them.
xD
Erlkingvoice
Erlkingvoice
44 posts
Scribe

Idiot throwing tack's/nails... I hope this doesn't lead to copycats.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Idiot throwing tack's/nails... I hope this doesn't lead to copycats.

Unfortunately there are always some imbeciles causing trouble.
I must admit that team Sky is amazing and strong this year.
Bradley Wiggins just taught the World a lesson in sportsmanship.
Luis Leon Sanchez did a great job getting rid of Peter Sagan to win the stage.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Today's stage was crazy... Bradly Wiggins is certainly better than Contador, who will accelerate when his opponent's chain breaks! Thaboss was sad that Andy Schleck wasn't in this year's Tour.

Thaboss was really rooting for Frank Schleck this year, but it doesn't look likely he'll even make the top 5. Thaboss's next favorite would have to be Cadel Evans, but after today, he really wouldn't be to mad if Wiggins won. Such sportsmanship.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I hope you guys watched stage 18 because it was exciting.
OMG, the finish was incredible, Nicolas Roche and Luis Leon Sanchez were in the break away at about 100 meters to the end, Mark Cavendish leaded by Bradley Wiggins came flying by the 2 leaders and won the stage a few meters to the finish line.
Wow I'm glad I watched it. I thought the stage would be boring because the riders are tired from almost three weeks of pedaling but man was I wrong! xD

Showing 16-28 of 28