ForumsThe TavernWhat would the future be in 100 years?

31 6810
TheDracomancer
TheDracomancer
56 posts
Farmer

Would Earth be orbiting in it's same place? Would we have lightsabers? Or would we be long gone by then? Would we be chewing off some fancy "vitamin pill"? Or fighting for Earth's very last piece of dry leaf? What is the future in your eyes?

• 31 Replies
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I think that in a hundred years the changes are not to big. We still live in concrete/stone or wooden buildings, we still drive to work everyday, we will still have to eat and drunk, people get sick and there will probably still be a big difference in wealth. But on the other hand there may be some other changes. Maybe they will invent a new power source, maybe countries will disappear and appear, maybe there are even more wars than now, they will care more for the environment.
But that's just what I think. It wouldn't surprise me if I was just plain wrong and will everything change.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I think computers will be even better, a new COD will be comming out every year. Graphics for games will become even better with new technology being produced. OUYA will inspire companies to lower the prices of games. Nintendo will continue producing popular games.
Prices for gas will rise and more people will consider hybrids. Natural gas stations will become more widespread through out the nations that are able to fund them, prices for everything will rise on everything because of non stop inflation. Resources will be alot less and nuclear power will be used more widely instead of coal and oil.

DJGari
DJGari
36 posts
Shepherd

Dead...yeah..probably dead.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

There would be a long lost forgotten tombstone that says "RIP HERE LAYTH THE GRAVETH OF ACE OF SKYTH." Im pretty sure its not going to look like that, but Im close or something.

I think computers will be even better

Omg...Im like drooling over how the household computer that the average working class person can afford will be like at least 10 times faster...

I think Apple might go bankrupt in other terms...
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

In 100 years, possibly, climate will be hotter, sea level higher, almost all permanent ice caps and glaciers will have melted and thus we will have definitely left the current ice age period.

who know? i believe the earth does not go in a perfect circle around the sun but more of an oval it could get hotter in 100 years or we could go through another mini-ice age.
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I honestly predict there is going to be a massive power struggle in the world once most fossil fuels start to run out.

@santi_ Did you know that in the U.S. we have just found 17 TRILLION barrels of oil in Wyoming! We donât know how to get to it yet but thatâs more oil then we have EVER pulled out of the ground since the 1900s
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

hmmmm... my guess is that the kids of today will eventually become the educating people in the future which will result in LESS educated people and more iphone (or anything like that) zombies and people will be too lazy to think about inventing something new.

on the bright side i also think that gay marriage will be approved in every country that isnt controlled by religion (then again... people will need a new target so they will probably bann barriage of transexuals or other kind of group that has even less people then the gay community).

oh and the middle east will still be at war.

avenger671
avenger671
63 posts
Nomad

A scorched hunk of rock with only bacteria and cockroaches, a twentieth of our atmosphere compared to now, and the sun would be a whole lot bigger. Earth would have several more craters because of asteroids' orbits being altered when the sun grew.

avenger671
avenger671
63 posts
Nomad

quite a dim insight, isn't it?

parsnip5
parsnip5
4 posts
Peasant

Most probably large areas of the world will be in ruins after nuclear war. We may have settlements on Mars, and definitely on the moon. Artificial intelligence will be superior to humanity.
Apart from that, rising sea levels will have wiped New York and London off the map.

parsnip5
parsnip5
4 posts
Peasant

I agree with Thebluerabbit - the middle east will definitely still be at war!
LOLGadaffi

parsnip5
parsnip5
4 posts
Peasant

Population overcrowding will be a serious problem. Unless we cull off the Chinese...
We can cope with this problem by utilising areas like the Sahara desert and the Andes. Also we could colonise other planets.

P.S. Get the book "The Doomsday Handbook"
It has fifty ways the human race might end. (Nothing to do with religious nonsense.)

parsnip5
parsnip5
4 posts
Peasant

I'm an atheist.

Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I'm hoping we find a way to solve pollution, and repopulate some endangered animal species. We'll probably be able to explore other planets by that time. Eventually, we might control a Galactic Empire, but humans might be too weak for that, because you never know what other alien species will be like.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I'm an atheist.

You needed a quadruple post just to say that?

--

Earth in a century will be better for the best and worse for the worst. That is the only certainty, barring a miraculous turn of events or a totally unforeseen catastrophe.

The technology we'll be using is already being theorized. Some of it is already emerging. No need for me to harp on about that.

I just genuinely hope that we'll find away to reach the stars.
Showing 16-30 of 31