ForumsThe Tavern[necro]"It's so hot!" "IT'S SUMMER TIME!"

34 21622
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

I'm so annoyed with people complaining about the weather and how hot and dry it is. (at least where I am) Seriously, it's summer time, the weather is supposed to be hot, go out side, get a tan, sweat, hurt your self, go do something!

It's not going to do you any lasting damage, heat isn't all that bad. I hate having to listen to "It's so hot!" Well yea, it is, it's summer. Give it a few months and I'll have to listen to you complain about how cold winter is.

So to give this thread some reason other me complaining about whinny people, what do you guys do when it's warm, or, to stay cool so you don't complain and annoy the hell out of all your friends?

• 34 Replies
Milos
Milos
848 posts
Peasant

It's so hot, this must be hell!
"Born on the 4th of July"

Government is considering declaring a state of emergency because of unbearable heat. It's 40 degrees and humidity is high here. I went to the store today and when I got back I was covered in sweat and exhausted, it's hard to breath, let alone do any work. I don't remember heat like this in previous summers.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I had to get a converter. Seriously, hurry up and get to the metric system.

It's easy enough, 9/5x + 32 for C to F, 5/9(x-32) for F to C. Correct me if im wrong too. Usually temperatures are in easy landmark numbers anyway.
Or you could just double it and add 30 for a less precise but easier way, and vice versa.

Personally people will always find something to groan and moan about. If it's summer, they are like this and wish it was nice and cool like fall. If it's fall, they whine about not being able to go swimming or anything because it's too cold but also not being able to have fun in the snow because it's too hot and not winter. If it's winter, the weather is way too cold or them to do anything exciting and to top it all off, it's impossibly hard to drive anywhere because of the darned snow! I guess in the spring they are most content, except for the birds waking them up at 7 in the morning. Or possibly the fact that winter is over so there is no wonderland and yet also it is not warm enough to go outside and have a barbecue party. I guess people just like to anticipate what's going to happen in the future that they think is going to be so amazing until the future becomes the present. And so on.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I prefer Winter but I don't mind Summer when the temperature is around 80F (25C) because that's when my legs feel best to ride my bike full speed. When it's 100 and 115F because of the humidity it becomes unhealthy and the air is bad to breath so there's nothing else to do than go swim or stay inside.

fracell
fracell
67 posts
Nomad

i live in south texas...its always hot

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

I had to get a converter. Seriously, hurry up and get to the metric system.

metric is way better. I wish the U.S. would just scrap imperial.

and as for the heat... i live near the ocean which moderates the temp. all year. Sucks for you guys.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I was just in Arizona and I have to say, I love the climate there! Especially during the summer!

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

I was just in Arizona and I have to say, I love the climate there! Especially during the summer!

what was the weather like there? Last time i checked Arizona was a hot desert
redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

I love this stuff! hot hot hot fine with me better than 20 below zero

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

That's the kind of climate I like as well, and I've been meaning to move out of the bay area for years now, I just don't have the money or the will power.

But I do have a desire to move to the Southeast Interior region of California.

Government is considering declaring a state of emergency because of unbearable heat. It's 40 degrees and humidity is high here.

104F. Humidity or not, this is too low a temperature for any government to declare a state of emergency.
XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

What can the government do for people who are too hot? I know they hand out water but what else? buy people new AC units?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

OHNO OHNO, HE'S SWEATING. CALL THE AMBULANCE!

You just killed me with laughter there.

Actually, we get tax breaks on AC units when the temperature is over 90 degrees for a week straight.
CheapCheep
CheapCheep
240 posts
Nomad

Sorry to break it to you, but where I come from, winter is only 5 degrees cooler than summer.

I live in a desert. There is no tanning, no beach, nothing. I mean, I know it's supposed to be hot but literally every day for us is 110 degrees. Rarely rains. But i've gotten used to it.

I just wish it was a little bit cooler here. And no, i'm not telling you where i'm from.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

what was the weather like there? Last time i checked Arizona was a hot desert

It hasn't changed a bit since the last time you checked... I love the desert climate!

Sorry to break it to you, but where I come from, winter is only 5 degrees cooler than summer.

Where do you come from? That sounds like a great place to live for someone who can't stand any weather below 70 degrees!
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I feel stupid... I just read the last part of your post, CheapCheep, and now it's clear to me why you didn't specify in the first place where you bask in lovely weather...

Obviously you don't want to share the heat... xP

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

It's not even that bad. Over here it doesn't get over 90 degrees, but I wouldn't mind if it did.

It's suppose to be hot it's summer, that's why everyone goes to the beach or a local pool.

Showing 16-30 of 34