ForumsThe TavernWhat are reasons that you have been kicked from forums/chats?

35 5749
d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

I don't have a very long list.

- Harassing underage users.
- Posting links to pictures of my crap.

Do you have any interesting stories?

• 35 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I've never been banned from AG.

I've been kicked from other places though. The host of our region's chat for NaNoWriMo took a real penchant to kicking me from the chat for the following reasons:

a) tongue-in-cheek racial epithets and puns
b) tongue-in-cheek sexist comments
c) being unable to resist taking inadvertent double-entendres that one step too far
d) making inappropriate jokes at the host's expense

All of the above, and the resultant kicking, was all in good fun. Somehow my mental age dropped its first digit or something. At least I know what it feels like to be that jerk who likes to bait the Man...

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I've never been banned from AG.

Do tell.

I was once banned on another forum for trolling, spamming, flaming, etc. I did about everything I could to make everyone mad, because it was going to be taken down a little while later. I guess the forum was, foreclosed by their web provider or something, if that's even possible. Call it a goodbye.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

If a mod finds it fitting they can post my bans, all of them were well deserved.

I should of been perma banned a long time ago though....

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

wait, what exactly does CT stand for?

CountingTime. It's a Xat chat where a few AG users hang out.
CheapCheep
CheapCheep
240 posts
Nomad

Calling out a guy who thought bullying was cool. He always took the comments everyone made, and put sarcastic remarks next to everyone's comment. Since bullying is hard for me (my friend commit suicide because of it) I called him out. Did it feel good afterwards. Heck yeah! Banned for a week. Sucked.

Cant say I didnt see it coming though.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

Got banned several times from a special place on xat, many of which were by the wrath of Knight. Either he was in a bannammer mood, or he was cross that everyone had left before he could get on (time difference), at which point he would ban everyone, causing everyone to log in confused.

Good times.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I've been banned twice from AG...

1) Called someone out for calling Israel a Nazi state (made my blood boil, I have relatives in Israel, plus I'm a huge supporter)

2) Same thing as CheapCheep, I called someone out on bullying (have been in the past), and apparently I'm not allowed to tell him he has no idea what it feels like.

Do I think either of these bans were warranted? No.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

If a mod finds it fitting they can post my bans, all of them were well deserved.

Skater_kid was banned for giving people naked hugs all the time. It took a long time for him to learn that this generally constitutes sexual harrassment when you do it to strangers.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Strop nearly banned me for having a go at Dudeguy back in 2009. I still feel miffed.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I have once been banned from a forum for a game because I was posting too violent of movies in the anything goes section (yea I found it a bit strange).

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

lol no not really. I've been banned for spamming and double posts from a nazi board but I've only been banned twice on that board. Decided to leave after a year or so because it died out.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Skater_kid was banned for giving people naked hugs all the time. It took a long time for him to learn that this generally constitutes sexual harrassment when you do it to strangers.

I was never banned for say, I did prison time, and had court hearings, and therapy, and probation, and house arrest, and have to tell inform the government when I move, and all because Strop doesn't enjoy naked hugs....

*gets naked*

So who wants a hug?
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I got banned for saying **** on facebook.

Wot.

NarutoAwesomeness28
NarutoAwesomeness28
187 posts
Nomad

For spamming and cursing lol

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

I was perma- banned for spoiling an anime ending on an anime chat, it was fun seeing how they all just went rage mode on me and I was the only one banned O_O.

Showing 16-30 of 35