ForumsThe TavernWhat are reasons that you have been kicked from forums/chats?

35 5748
d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

I don't have a very long list.

- Harassing underage users.
- Posting links to pictures of my crap.

Do you have any interesting stories?

• 35 Replies
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

the first forum i was a part of was the Xgen forum a few years ago. which is pretty small. I didn't know what spam was... perma ban was a little harsh in my opinion but that's what i got haha.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I have never been. I follow the rules.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

A few Xat chats I was linked to. I had different opinions from the people that made them. I can't remember the subjects because they were so long ago.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

well i was apart of the Jedi Vs Sith facebook game, they didn't exactly have a forum but they had something of the sort, that was my first one but i have never been banned from one

~manly man

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

Booorrinng....

yeah he could have at least lied and said he hacked something and stole money, or started a fake bomb threat... but he went with the law abiding citizen road. lame.

and does club penguin count?
cause i have gotten banned too many times to count there. ahah
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Hmmm...

I've banned myself, for science.

Then there was the time I was banned as a joke. We were having a pillow fight, except we were using banhammers.

Then I decided to wish a friend happy birthday. I couldn't think of a better way to express this wish than through a personal "ban" message. Him and Strop got together and got me back and we all had a laugh and some cake.

Then there was this time when I was banned for no reason - let's just say it was user error on another person's part.

Then there was a time I needed a break from the forums and wasn't around for a week so I gave myself a good weeks ban.

So, out of all the bans, I'd say only one of them was legit.

d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

Then there was the time I was banned as a joke. We were having a pillow fight, except we were using banhammers.

Then I decided to wish a friend happy birthday. I couldn't think of a better way to express this wish than through a personal "ban" message. Him and Strop got together and got me back and we all had a laugh and some cake.

Then there was a time I needed a break from the forums and wasn't around for a week so I gave myself a good weeks ban.

....Mods have ban games and generally just do it for the giggles with each other.... That's pretty awesome.

and does club penguin count?
cause i have gotten banned too many times to count there. ahah

Club Penguin is a tiny bit strict with its bans. Sometimes I like trying to trick kids into getting banned in chat. The level of boredom required for me to start doing that is immense.
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

Club Penguin is a tiny bit strict with its bans. Sometimes I like trying to trick kids into getting banned in chat. The level of boredom required for me to start doing that is immense.

yeah. The moon and stars have to align perfectly for me to go on club penguin. last time i was on i had a good time following people and making little kids feel uncomfortable. Its horrible. but fun.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

I got banned a while back for telling somebody to go die so they wouldn't pollute the gene pool. Cynicism is fun. (**** you Cenere)

I got banned way back in the day for "The Great Flame" which was pointless and pathetic. I had one which was a cooldown for going off the rails, another for trolling a waste of life, and a perma for uncensoring and telling everyone to go **** themselves six months after I abandoned the account. It was fun waiting for the admins and seeing how long it would take for them to notice such horrible violations in a Top 100 user, but then I forgot.

No other bans to report other than the couple hundred I've received on CT.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Back in my not-so-conscious days, I was in a chat on another gaming forum that has since closed down, and one of the moderators was this whiny 11-year-old who thought he knew everything. He was also a drama queen, so naturally I loved to mess with him. Long story short, he was being ignorant and arrogant at the same time, and eventually I mocked his ignorance and it humiliated him enough to kick me out of the chat.

My last AG ban was in May of 2010. I don't remember much about it because I relapsed about that time and that was probably what caused me to get banned in the first place. Come to think of it, my other legitimate AG ban in July 2009 was also the result of a relapse...

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

lets see. i think i was banned twice.

once from CT when they realised i was a ghost (still not sure how thats a reason :S)

and a few days ago from tinychat because i talked to someone in hebrew and a really stupid mod just decided to bann me without warning thinking i was spamming

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Um... well... I don't think I've ever been banned/kicked.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

wait, what exactly does CT stand for?

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

one time i got banned for no reason on time, i tried to log into my acount but it said "your baned until such & such a time for somthing you put on the forums" and that was when i first joined and had never got on the forums XD

sportgirl
sportgirl
10 posts
Nomad

Cursing. Simple :P

Showing 1-15 of 35