ForumsThe Tavernwhy does double jumping exist?

43 6838
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

if you have an arguement as to why double jumping exists, put it here! why? for what reason? is it stupid? put it all here!

• 43 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

The first time I saw double jumping was in Metroid and Megaman.
That's a great trick I think.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

halo jetpack for one.

Jet-packs tend to explode. They're very experimental and are tested heavily before human use is allowed.

Evidence: Source
A jet pack is a device someone wears that creates enough thrust, in a system somewhat similar to jet engines, to allow him or her to lift off the ground and fly. This flight thrust can be created in a number of ways, though a traditional âjetâ utilizes fuel to drive fans that allow for takeoff. More recent versions often use hydrogen peroxide and a catalytic reaction to create a stream of heated steam that provides thrust. A jet pack is typically an impractical device, as it is not only extremely unsafe but relies on small fuel supplies that cannot allow for prolonged flight.

The basic idea behind a jet pack is a self-contained unit that can be worn and operated by an individual person, which allows the wearer to fly. In reality, however, this concept has been quite difficult to achieve and even with advances in technology it remains largely impractical. There are a number of different forms in which a jet pack can be conceived and designed, though it typically includes a rocket pack worn on the operatorâs back, with different functions and controls to adjust flight. Most of these devices utilize a harness that ensures the pack remains secure on the operator, and some include a large frame that the operator fits into.
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

Double jumping just doesn't make any sense. I mean how do they just jump off of air.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Double jumping just doesn't make any sense. I mean how do they just jump off of air.

Yes it does. Samus can do it in Metroid and so can Jackie Chan.
I can't remember in which movie he did it but I remember him jumping on the right wall, pushing with his foot and jumping again to the left wall and then on the right wall and falling down and hurting himself. xD
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Double jumping just doesn't make any sense. I mean how do they just jump off of air

of course it does. They jump off of the atoms in the air. It takes super skill to do that. They can't do it a second time because it upsets the balance of the atoms and makes them immpossible to jump off of for a couple seconds. Once you land, it's usually normal again. Basic Chemistry my friend.
Fs97
Fs97
93 posts
Nomad

Just a feature in some games, I never really questioned it.

wert499
wert499
21 posts
Nomad

It gives me a sense of accomplishment. "Aahh! I'm falling! Noooooo! I'm going to die! No, wait I can double jump! Yay, I'm so proud of myself!"

Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

IT exists because game characters can focus their chi upwards so that they can thrust themselves up a little higher.

pwyard
pwyard
8 posts
Peasant

double jumping in real life is just an illusion - look it up on youtube.

ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

There are lots of people who really believe that in case of a free falling elevator, it would save you to jump up a few seconds before hitting the ground.

Mythbusters did an episode on this a while back. Results indicated that you'll still go splat. The janitor just has a 5% easier time of cleaning you up.
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

A better question is, why does this thread exist? We all know why double jumping exists.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

1.get tramp
2.jump on it
3.keep doing stemp 2 till you are really high
4.then use the hang glider to glide thus flying

PCP much bro?
warriorcats123
warriorcats123
694 posts
Nomad

@arch awesome another mythbusters fan
@enter what

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

@enter what

Call my Orion, kthxbai

Also, you do know what a tramp is, right?
warriorcats123
warriorcats123
694 posts
Nomad

yep its a trampoliene

Showing 16-30 of 43