ForumsThe TavernPeople in Movie Theaters

14 2381
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

How many people have been sitting in a movie theater and someone sits right next to you even when there are plenty of open seats all around the room.

• 14 Replies
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

In my experience, not many. On the rare occasions when I'm in a theater, I've noticed that families tend to cluster together with themselves in separate areas from other people/families.

'Course too, I live in a small town with a small theater. It might be a bigger issue in a bigger city.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

When I was 11 yo I went to the movie by myself and an old pedo sat by me and there were plenty of empty seats around. I called him all kinds of names and sat somewhere else. All the people were looking at him so he left.

d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

When I was 11 yo I went to the movie by myself and an old pedo sat by me and there were plenty of empty seats around. I called him all kinds of names and sat somewhere else. All the people were looking at him so he left.

So you went to the movies by yourself at 11 years old, and just because an old man sat near you, you decided to "call him all kinds of names" and embarrass him which caused him to leave. Unless he actually did something else other than sit by you, that was a **** move.

How many people have been sitting in a movie theater and someone sits right next to you even when there are plenty of open seats all around the room.

I tend to pick seats off to the side so there is a lower chance of someone being next to or behind me.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

So you went to the movies by yourself at 11 years old, and just because an old man sat near you, you decided to "call him all kinds of names" and embarrass him which caused him to leave. Unless he actually did something else other than sit by you, that was a **** move.

No, he sat right next to me and kept looking at me and was getting closer and closer.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Never happened to me, but I've stolen seats before. At one theater, 1/4 through the movie, I saw these seats, I call them "millionaire seats", that were empty. These seats, of four there were, were a little forward of the middle, a VERY spread out, with about 3 yards between each. These seats were placed magnificently, with no neck-craning at all. And to cap off the greatness, I was watching Avatar in 3D. Beautiful.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

So me and my dad are at the theater for batman and the previews are going on and their are two empty seats next to me. these two fat people come in and of corse want those seats. So I was forced to move my legs aside and one of them almost sat on me. I saw my life flash before my eyes. It was utterly terrifying O.O
Another time two doochebags sat next to me and they had to keep getting up in the middle of the movie. I was about to slap them.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Never happened to me, but I've stolen seats before. At one theater, 1/4 through the movie, I saw these seats, I call them "millionaire seats", that were empty.

I sat in those once while watching Iron Man on a schoolwide reward trip, although they were marked for handicapped viewers. It didn't matter because no one needed them. We would've readily moved if someone did.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I've had it happen before, and it really bugs me if the theater is almost empty - so i'll get up and move. Some people consider this rude, but i consider breaching my personal space rude too.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

When it happens, I talk to them. So, I either bore them until they leave, or until they want to hang out some other time. Met many of my friends like that.

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

I hate it when you are at the cinemas & some random person sits right next to you when there are claerly other seats avaliable.
It also annoys me when people eat (i dont mean lollies ect. but when people have a full meal) its happened a few times.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

When somebody tries to do it, the look in my eyes is enough and they don't usually sit right next to me. But if it doesn't work, I just get up and find another seat.

It also annoys me when people eat (i dont mean lollies ect. but when people have a full meal) its happened a few times.

I also hate that. Can't they find a better place to do that? I mean, it's a theatre, not a restaurant.
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

I also hate that. Can't they find a better place to do that? I mean, it's a theatre, not a restaurant.

iv'e never seen that in all of the movies ive been to, but it does sound annoying.

how do you even get in a theater with a meal in your hands?
warriorcats123
warriorcats123
694 posts
Nomad

iv'e never seen that in all of the movies ive been to, but it does sound annoying.
how do you even get in a theater with a meal in your

duhh people put them in pureses or bags or that stuff
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

It's not something that usually happens, but when it does is extremely annoying. It seem that those people haven't eaten in days. I just don't understand it.

However, what really bothers me is when someone decides to sit right in front of you when the theater is almost empty. When that happens, I have to control myself and try not to kill anybody xD
Showing 1-14 of 14