ForumsSupport ForumForum Error

89 13753
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

This thread is about an error with the AG3 Forum. All the pages show the same content, which is incorrect. Why would this happen to the forum?

• 89 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I just entered the Video Games forum on old AG, and I looked through five pages and they were all the same. This glitch isn't confined to AG3...

The error was always about AG2. There are no forums on AG3 yet, though some think this glitch indicates a movement of data from AG2 to AG3.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote]I just entered the Video Games forum on old AG, and I looked through five pages and they were all the same. This glitch isn't confined to AG3...

The error was always about AG2. There are no forums on AG3 yet, though some think this glitch indicates a movement of data from AG2 to AG3.[/quote]

I re-read my OP and found out why you got confused. The link called "AG3 Forum" referred to the forum called Armor Games v3, which is on AG2 and is for discussions about AG3.
kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

On some of the threads, I have to go back 6 or 10 pages to get to the actual comments. And sometimes they don't register.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Oh hell. This is currently happening to me when I try to access the second page of the Tavern. This is one glitch that hard-refresh doesn't do diddly squat to fix. This means I'm going to have to strike myself in the head repeatedly with a frying pan.

Frustrating the forumers isn't a good way to go about increasing community activity. This needs to be fixed soon, or at least a solution needs to be found, before I give myself a concussion.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I re-read my OP and found out why you got confused. The link called "AG3 Forum" referred to the forum called Armor Games v3, which is on AG2 and is for discussions about AG3.

No no. I just can't see. But I suppose it is because of the data retrieval going on. Eh, well. Let's pray that AG3 isn't far off.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

So far, nearly every forum that I see is being affected by the glitch... So much for being immune to these major glitches. -_-

Frustrating the forumers isn't a good way to go about increasing community activity.

I won't be surprised if activity further decreases, since the admin is taking their own sweet time to fix it.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I won't be surprised if activity further decreases, since the admin is taking their own sweet time to fix it.

They probably don't even know about it. It took several people messaging them to let them know the forums were disabled.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Okay, now there is no way in hell I can access the second page of any sub-forum. I've now switched from a skillet to a sledgehammer and I'm really close to a concussion.

Any solutions anyone? For the forum error, not for the concussion.

Mr_Casas
Mr_Casas
68 posts
Peasant

Oh, so it was'nt just me? Okay, but at least you guys fixed it! Thank you!

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Sorry Mr_Casas, it's not fixed. Everyone is still wondering what happened, and why the staff has done nothing to fix it. Even after like 3 or 4 days.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

why the staff has done nothing to fix it. Even after like 3 or 4 days.

According to GhostOfMatrix, it is unlikely that the admins even know about, which proves how important forum activity from the admins is.
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

If they don't know about the forum error, why not email Justin? I saw your comment on his profile, but I assume he hasn't gotten back to you yet.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I've been spending so little time in the forums lately, I didn't even notice this problem until now...

Has anyone attempted to contact the admins via getsatisfaction?

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

Is the Forum error still going on?

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Yes it is, but it is a little random. Sometimes forum sections are normal for a couple of pages, then go out of order again.

Showing 31-45 of 89