ForumsSupport ForumForum Error

89 13769
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

This thread is about an error with the AG3 Forum. All the pages show the same content, which is incorrect. Why would this happen to the forum?

• 89 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

There is a new problem with the forums (the current one has not gone away). The lock and sticky icons are white spaces, which makes the forum look weird when it includes stickies and locked threads.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

still going on, still!

~manly man

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

The lock and sticky icons are white spaces, which makes the forum look weird when it includes stickies and locked threads.

You must be seeing something I'm not, or it was just a temporary glitch that somehow either fixed itself or was fixed in the process of fixing the current ongoing problem that they somehow failed to fix.

Apparently some users can still successfully access the other pages of certain sub-forums, because there are different (but not newly created) threads on the first page of the Tavern.

I'm going to venture a guess that this glitch is a result of the new addition of the green Feedback tab on the left side of the page. Either way, it's pretty convenient, because now we can all contact the admins about this very issue.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I thought I'd try and fool the forums by manually typing in the link to page 2 of the tavern instead of clicking to get there... obviously, that backfired and now I can only view the SECOND page of the tavern! =P

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

If you go to the page you want, click on one of the thread links, then go back and refresh, you get the page you wanted.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I'm going to venture a guess that this glitch is a result of the new addition of the green Feedback tab on the left side of the page. Either way, it's pretty convenient, because now we can all contact the admins about this very issue.

No. The forum error occurred before there was a feedback tab.

Apparently some users can still successfully access the other pages of certain sub-forums, because there are different (but not newly created) threads on the first page of the Tavern.

Not all forums are affected by the error at one time.
stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Still no word from the Admins or Mods? This glitch is extremely annoying, and makes the forum almost impossible to use. Do the Admins not check the forums anymore? Too busy making games or something?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Do the Admins not check the forums anymore?

That's probably the case. It took them a full day to realise the forums were disabled, and thanks to us sending them emails.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Um...

Take a look. More problems.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Oh wait, the issue resolved itself. It wouldn't show any stickied threads.

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, I've posted a couple threads that haven't shown up..

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

Oh wait, the issue resolved itself. It wouldn't show any stickied threads.
it's fixed for you

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQC564dmhCwB03G9PrClDa1FsE-K8UxfoURj-zW27TYXaSBEaTn

Yeah, I've posted a couple threads that haven't shown up..
that is a completely different problem than what we're talking about, the solution to that problem is to hard refresh (control + F5) and you should see your thread/reply

~manly man
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

No. The forum error occurred before there was a feedback tab.

Nonetheless, it's possible that some coding got fudged up in the process on adding the feedback tab.

What it seems like the admins are trying to do, though, is find a way to get the stickies to the top of every page rather than just the first one. If this is the case, it's a waste of coding. Nobody is going to read the stickies no matter where they are.

Not all forums are affected by the error at one time.

Speak for yourself. I can't access the second page of any subforum at any time. I had to use the forum search to find this thread because it wasn't on the first page.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

I have a problem with the forum to. When I click the Video games section there are no stickies. Just normal topic's. And even worse. It is stuck at 26 July 2012.
I can't see any posts after that.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I have a problem with the forum to. When I click the Video games section there are no stickies. Just normal topic's. And even worse. It is stuck at 26 July 2012.
I can't see any posts after that.

Happened to me as well. Hard refresh (CTRL + F5) a few times.
Showing 46-60 of 89