ForumsThe Tavern[necro] Fun fact you shouldn't know

38 8484
ThatGuyOnBroadway
ThatGuyOnBroadway
28 posts
Nomad

Hello! I am starting a fun-fact service every day. here's todays fun fact:

2 atom bombs were dropped on north carolina.There was a imfamous B-52 bomber flying over the state when one of the engines failed. Due to some strange mechanics, two of the bombs left the plane. One's parachute mechanism succesfully let the devastating bomb to the ground, the other fell somewhere else. To this day, nobody knows where or how deep the bomb is. Hopefully it won't explode.

• 38 Replies
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

In 1914, (WWI) The British And the Germans made temporary peace to Celebrate Christmas. They even had a football match in the no-mans-land between the trenches.

this actually started after like a three day battle. no side was winning. they fighting took a brief pause on christmas day. during that pause a ball rolled out into no mans land no one knew whose it was but a couple soliders came out and started fighting. then when it was dark the officers called their men back. the next day the resumed the bloodshed
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

-America (the USA as most people know it) is named after Italian explorer Amerigo Vespucci

The USA technically is not America, but rather part of the continent of North America. Your fact should read: The Americas (North and South) were named after Italian explorer Amerigo Vespucci.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The USA technically is not America, but rather part of the continent of North America. Your fact should read: The Americas (North and South) were named after Italian explorer Amerigo Vespucci.

Ah yes you are right...my mistake -_- was being too American (USA) about the name America haha (if you get what I'm sayinn)
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

In 1914, (WWI) The British And the Germans made temporary peace to Celebrate Christmas. They even had a football match in the no-mans-land between the trenches.

I don't know if this ever happened, but I do know that there wasn't just one "no-man's-land." There were hundreds. There is a "no-man's-land" in every WWI battlefield.
skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

im gonna start a fun fact too, just kidding id look retarded

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

-In the original Donkey Kong, the damsel in distress (saved by Mario, then named Jumpman) is not Peach, but actually Daisy

Not Daisy...actually Pauline
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

-The first ever movie was a KKK propaganda movie
That's not really accurate. It depends on what you consider a movie. It was a real cinematic revolution, though.

-If mosquitoes went extinct, there would actually be no negative side effects caused. They do nothing to greatly help the world, and the animals that feed on them also have many other main forms of food. In other words, kill all of those *******s, we can afford it.
Hahahahahaahaha no. Fresh water fish and amphibians would die out even faster. Mosquitoes are vital to wetland ecosystems, which are fragile enough as is.

-Through mastering the martial arts style of Dim Mak, it is possible to kill a person by merely touching them in a certain spot
It's not really a style so much as a technique. As for its effectiveness, that I can't say.

-America has the highest Major War rate...averaging a major war every 20 years
WOOOOOO! USA! USA! USA! WHOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!

My contribution: The United States has never lost a war. Ever. Vietnam was a tie.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Not sure if there's a bug here, but there's like a giant gap in posting, I can't immediately find a lot of the things quoted, and this thread appears to be a necro.

Showing 31-38 of 38