ForumsThe TavernNFL

112 22459
bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

What is your favorite nfl team or player.

• 112 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Cowboys played well on both offensive and defensive. Romo made good decisions. But it was only the season opener. Cowboys have had consistency problems in the past. Let's see if they can keep up the good play.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Offensive Line Play It was pretty bad on both teams. Dallas has revamped and moved everyone around on their O-line. To make matters worse, Phil Costa played only a few snaps before taken out with back spams. Dallas received 5 or 6 false start penalties (3 of those being on their best lineman, Tyron Smith). Neither team was getting push from their O-line in the running game in the first half.

I think cowboys could of done a lot better if they didn't do tose false starts

they gotta listen to the snap #

Outplaying both superstars Dez Bryant and Miles Austin

you didn't alk abouttheir perfomences yet

The Giants were already plagued with secondary issues and injuries coming into this game. With Terrell Thomas out for the year with a knee injury and Prince Akumaura out for the game with a sprained ankle, the Giants were forced to start Michael Coe at cornerback opposite Webster and put rookie Jayron Hosley on the slot receiver. Coe played pretty decent, but he was injured on the tail end of the third quarter. The Giants were forced to put in fourth option Just Tryon. Tony Romo and the rest of the Dallas offense recognized it, and went after him for the rest of the game. And it worked.

i told you earlier its the superbowl curse

Colts and Saints. Drew Brees is an awesome quarterback.

I dont think a rookie querterback will win on his first season out
luck will go 7-9 if he gets lucky

I'm a fan of the Titans. Everyone has them as losing their division to the Texans, but I always thought Locker was a good QB and I wanted him to start last year during his rookie season, but that didn't happen. Last year, the Titans were the only team with a winning record that didn't make the playoffs. NFL analysts must've finally seen what I see when I look at Locker because now they added Tennessee as the NFL's major sleeper. Many now even have Tennessee as winning their own division. I think Tennessee is the best team right now and they're going to prove it this year.

thank you for the quote about the texans
i doubt Tennessse is the best out there
they need at least a year to practice the game and get into the playoffs
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I dont think a rookie querterback will win on his first season out
luck will go 7-9 if he gets lucky

Andrew Luck is probably one of the best NFL ready QB's. But not ready enough. He does have a good WR core and a decent defense. Texans are still stronger. Give Luck about a few years.
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

he is a good QB but he needs to stsy consistent

de will need about 2 years to to win
texans r AFC south top pick so i expect a lot from them

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Texans will be the AFC south top pick for a while. The expectations are set high.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

i agree they should win the superbowl in at least the next 5 years

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

We keep talking about the Texans. So, I'm going to change the discuss to, how bout the Bills or Lions. Or da Bears?

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

and i enjoy that
ok lions

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I expected the Lions to blow the Rams out. But Sam Bradford and his team is apparently back and healthy again.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

The Browns were so close to GETTING A WIN ON OPENING DAY!!!!! o.O

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

The Browns were so close to GETTING A WIN ON OPENING DAY!!!!! o.O

Not good play by both quarterbacks though. Vick with 4 INts and Weeden with 4 INTs. I'm fine with Weeden throwing that many since he was his debut. But he has to improve on some things.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Kobe Bryant is in basketball for your information.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

lol vinster
and did you guys hear about skelton
crazy right

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

It's not crazy. He is dealing with a low ankle sprain. And apparently he's questionable.

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Thoughts and predictions on tomorrow night's game?

Here's my insight:

Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears

I think this will be a very good game. I love the fact that the NFL has now added Thursday night games. Means I don't have to wait as long to watch Anyways, I believe the Packers will take this one for one obvious reason: Aaron Rogers

*arguably* The best QB in the NfL won't let his team go 0-2. I believe he lights it up for 300+ yards and 3+ TD's. WITH that being said, their running game will be next to non-existent for the second straight game and they'll most likely be without Greg Jennings. But I don't believe the Bears' D holds up against A-Rog and Co.

Showing 46-60 of 112