ForumsThe TavernNFL

112 22453
bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

What is your favorite nfl team or player.

• 112 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I love the fact that the NFL has now added Thursday night games.

I thought they've been having Thursday night games.

I say Packers are going to win, 31-28. Packers need to improve in the running game. Because Aaron Rodgers is leading the team in rushing yards.
ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

I thought they've been having Thursday night games.

I meant in the past few years and/or recently.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Bad game so far from Peyton Manning. All three seam plays he throws an interception. Give the Falcons some credit, they read his eyes and exploited the play.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

It's not crazy. He is dealing with a low ankle sprain. And apparently he's questionable.

i feel bad for the coach doing all that work and then just losing it to an injury

bad game for both QB's
as for manning well shame on him too

wow bad start for a lot of teams

in the AFC the only teams undeafetead are the Houston Texans and the shocking San Diego Chargers

in the NFC
the only teams undeafeted are the Phildelphia Eagles, San Fracisco 49ers, Arizona Cardnials, and the Atlanta Falcons

6 teams are yet for a win and `18 teams are 1-1

(and sorry about the bold i couldn't help myself)
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

bad game for both QB's
as for manning well shame on him too

Well, it was a road game he it was hard to manage his offense. Remember this isn't the Colts anymore. He still needs to take the rust off of his shoulders. Broncos had a chance to win if he didn't throw those interceptions. The defense did hold off okay in the early 4th to gave them a slight chance to comeback.

Thought's on the Tom Coughlin and Greg Schiano?
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

they are both great coaches
coughlin lead his team to the superbowl last year
schiano thrying to keep his team alive

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

About the last of of the game. I'm little more on Schiano's side. I mean at that point normally people would give up. But he didn't, he just tried to force a miracle. And Coughlin said, somebody could have got hurt. Uh, getting hurt is part of football so I don't get where he was going there.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

The NFL needs to fix the officiating. It's been 3 weeks of bull**** calls. We need professional referees so the game can be managed the right way. I don't blame the current college officials because they still need to get used to the system. But like Steve Young said on Monday night, "They don't care so as long as there are still fans they don't care."

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

About the last of of the game. I'm little more on Schiano's side. I mean at that point normally people would give up. But he didn't, he just tried to force a miracle. And Coughlin said, somebody could have got hurt. Uh, getting hurt is part of football so I don't get where he was going there

oh yah
yah i agree with Schiano
he was in a hole and he did his best to get out

The NFL needs to fix the officiating. It's been 3 weeks of bull**** calls. We need professional referees so the game can be managed the right way. I don't blame the current college officials because they still need to get used to the system. But like Steve Young said on Monday night, "They don't care so as long as there are still fans they don't care."

oh yah

they are throwing bad calls andits begging to annoy me
they really slow down the tempo of the game
someone can be hot and moving down the feild and then they throw a flag and take forever to get it resolved

as for fights those have gootne out of hand
the refs gotta man up and throw those flag and if the really need to kick someone out
teams are trying to take a dvantage of them and they shouldn't let them off the hook
skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

My favorite team is the Cowboys. Although, I've learned now to not get my hopes up. They have the potential, talent, and high expectations year in and year out, yet do absolutely nothing with it. And no, it is not Tony Romo's fault (33 TD's, 3rd best passer rating in the league). With the injuries piling up ALREADY, and the NFC East being tough once again, I'm predicting a firm 9-7.

It is all Tony Romo's fault.Now let me explain why; The NFC pick was incredibly hard. I really can't tell who's going to get over the hump in the playoffs this year. I don't see the Giants repeating their late magic last year. I can't see the Lions going too far without a reliable running back and secondary. I can't see the 49ers making it all the way with Alex Smith at helm. And it came down to either the Pack or the Eagles. I chose the Eagles simply because of the ridiculous amount of talent on both ends, if Mike Vick and Co. can stay healthy, this is a very dangerous team.

But Mike Vick will probably crack his ribs or start a dog fight.

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Don't remind me who tore his ACL ((((((((((((((

Anyway, remember last monday night's Seahawks Packers game? If you look at the top comment at the time of this post, the user "macgt16" sums up the play to exactly how i was going to, but he saved me the work:

if u stop the decision in the air, jennings gets it. but it's about who has it once the plays dead. jennings has it closer to his body, but the ball dropped to his forearms. Tate's body positioning was no where near the ball, but he firmly had both hands on it. jennings did not. i'll put it this way: even a high school football player would've kept that ball out out Tate's hands if his hands where both truly on the ball once on the ground. jennings lost control once he hit the ground. period.

And a nice picture:
http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/5061a51feab8ea3123000003/seattle-seahawks-and-green-bay-packers.jpg

This call could not have possibly been overturned, and is actually correct. The Replay Officials that officiate each game from the booth have a separate CBA from the officials on field, so they are the ones with the final say if a play must be overturned or not.

So whats with all the ruckus? Business and labor unions. Thats all this is about. Its not about the Seahawks, or the Packers, or Golden Tate or anything. This whole dilemma is about the ref's labor union and lockout.

Those who say pass interference on Tate, those calls are NEVER called EVER! Even with real officials, you will never see a pass interference penalty on a desperation play because an un-timed down from the 1 yd line if its on the defense will make the entire league erupt.
hardas12
hardas12
57 posts
Nomad

Speaking of that catch, did any of you guys watch the Sportscenter tonight? All of the articles were about the catch and how some people thought it was crap. I looked at the things coming up and it was all "Packers vs Seahawks", "Packers speak on ref call" "Interview with Packers head coach" "Aaron Rodgers on the radio on the Packers game". After watching 10 minutes of it, and it got very competitive. Every NFL official who reported on the game and studied the catch said it was legal.

Even though they thought it was a pass interference on the offense, they didn't call it because it like mdv96 said, it was a desperation play.

Plus, all of the officials ruled the play fair and it was a touchdown. As they said on Sportscenter "The ruling on the field is final."

Personally, I think they shouldn't have made THAT much of a big deal about this. Rant over

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

@mvd96

i was going crazy when they got that touchdown
it was amazing
i was like OMG

anyways there is a ruke saying that if there are 2 player on opposing teams who both caught the ball and are fighting over it in the end zone the ball goes the the offensive player

so sehawks win
but geat job to them
8 first half sacks wow
cmon green bay 1-2 really

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

he was in a hole and he did his best to get out

Bucs did that against the Cowboys. They managed to knock down the the Cowboys' center. Ha, teams need to snap the ball in the shotgun so their quarterback won't get hurt.
he refs gotta man up and throw those flag and if the really need to kick someone out
teams are trying to take a dvantage of them and they shouldn't let them off the hook

Analysts say that the referees lockout should come to a close hopefully by Sunday or within the next week or so. Which is good news.
But Mike Vick will probably crack his ribs or start a dog fight.

He needs to make better decisions under pressure in the pocket. If he can do that obviously without throwing interceptions, the Eagles will take a big step forward. But you have to admit they got smacked hard against the Cardinals.

As for Monday night, "The Catch", I wouldn't mind if the refs got it wrong or not. Because the NFL refs probably would've took a long time to make a call. I mean that's a really hard call. Two players have their hands on the football and there's a ruckus on the ground where they fight for possession.
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Analysts say that the referees lockout should come to a close hopefully by Sunday or within the next week or so. Which is good news.

refferees lockout is offical over and they will return tom. night for the ravens and browns game

As for Monday night, "The Catch", I wouldn't mind if the refs got it wrong or not. Because the NFL refs probably would've took a long time to make a call. I mean that's a really hard call. Two players have their hands on the football and there's a ruckus on the ground where they fight for possession.

well they could of reviewed it and all but i think that the official call is packers caught it
it slipped out of his hand wile falling and seahawks got more possesion
but its not really who has more (unless you have like none) its that rule i previously said
Showing 61-75 of 112