The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming ForumWeebly.com Site Help

30 15626
gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

I help run a site. It is being created by using Weebly.com. Does anyone know if there is a way to create polls with that site? I don't know if this topic belongs here.

• 30 Replies
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

eh, i know a bit of scripting. Let me look into it, and i might be able to help you out. Simple web coding is all that is needed. =D

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Try spruz. They have a free web creation process that has a lot more options than weebly. Spruz can be found @:

http:www.spruz.com

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

I already have the site at Weebly. Is there a way you can move it to spruz?

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

no. but spruz offers more room and a more unique domain name. For example: armorgames.spruz.com

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

Is there anywhere else that allows me to move my website? I don't want to have to start all over.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

this should belong in the tavern sorta, i have no idea what ur talking about, all i know is weebly lets your create websites. Polls? never seen one on a weebly site, sorry

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

no, just start over using spruz. There is no way to "move" a web site.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

You could move it using weebly.

dank
dank
983 posts
Peasant

no, just start over using spruz. There is no way to "move" a web site.

Of course there is, you just have to copy your files to your new host and change the domain's DNS to the host.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Of course there is, you just have to copy your files to your new host and change the domain's DNS to the host.

lol u never thot of that?
gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

@Dank
How do you do it?

dank
dank
983 posts
Peasant

Just backup your files and upload them to your new host. Then you will need to go in to your domain registry and change the DNS to your new host's DNS server. Your host should have instructions on how to do it.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

Uhhh... I didn't understand a word you just said. I am new to site designing and such. Explain like you are explaining to a 3rd grader. Thanks!

dank
dank
983 posts
Peasant

What host are you moving to?

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

dank, i know you can change sites easily, but gman is using weebly, a free web hosting utility. If he purchases a domain, then he can transfer the files.

Showing 1-15 of 30