ForumsGamesWhat's Wrong With Nintendo?

66 11623
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It seems like everyone hates the Wii and all other Nintendo products.

I want to know why, in all its generality.

Persuade me.

• 66 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Oops, looks like I posted the same thing twice.

Stupid computer.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

first off not stupid computer, lately armor games has been experiencing many glitches such as this
and i like nintendo, but the wii is a failure, the games that nintendo makes for it (mario party and whatnot) are pretty good and i like them, but other game makers have singled them out and if they make their game for the wii then they often leave out features or missions for the wii version (example: star wars force unleashed so i've heard) and the graphics are very poor for the wii making it a dissapointment and hated console

~manly man

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

besides what manly man said, it might also be because nintendo uses those stupid friend codes, because not only do you need to know their 16 digit, hard to remember code, they need to know yours.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

I like all the previous Nintendo products, but like Manly Man said, the Wii isn't their best. The games themselves are horribly designed, except for a select few. The sensor bar doesn't usually work unless situated perfectly. Multiplayer is complex and hard to use, like Jacen96 said. And finally, the graphics aren't up to par to the PS3 and Xbox 360. The Wii is like when Nintendo made the E.T. game. Which is one of the worst games in the world.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Im thinking that the reason that everyone is starting to bag on nintendo is because the Wii and newer nintendo products are more for kids now a day and aren't necessarily about owning and being awesome. Back in the day if you beat Mario 64 or super Mario World you were like an awesome gamer now if you say you beat mario everyone thinks your gay

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Nintendo's core relies on there Mario games, which are pretty up to par. however, they are extremly easy to beat and dont have enough to them. as for graphics, they arent the best, but there at least modern. im playing AG on my 3DS right now, actually.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Nintendo's core relies on there Mario games

Nintendo licenses tons of other famous titles, like Zelda, Metroid, and Kirby to name a few. Nintendo produces some of the best games in the world.

I know the Wii wasn't great, but the 3DS obliterated the PSP and Vita as far as sales go. I have used all 3 systems and they each have their own goods, but the 3DS has the best technology. Or at least in my opinion.

What's wrong with Nintendo's games? They aren't bloody? So, they makes them bad?
bigmac258
bigmac258
103 posts
Nomad

well Nintendos games are good they just went the wrong way with alot of wii games say they made halo for the wii (which i know they wouldnt) it would be a dull version of halo compared to 360 version but the wii had some good titles so most of the wii games that are good are Nintendo exclusives like Mario Carts and Metroid

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Nintendo's core relies on there Mario games, which are pretty up to par. however, they are extremly easy to beat and dont have enough to them.

Finishing Mario Galaxy 2 is harder than a lot of popular PS3 games. Mario games aren't "extremely easy" as a rule at all. Maybe if you had actually played some you'd know.
And Nintendo has other successful franchises, Pokémon, Star Fox and Pikmin for instance.
Nintendo isn't hated. The problem is the Wii, which is lacking as a console for a lot of devoted gamers. Firstly, the graphics are way behind the competition - which matters a lot to a certain base, and while they're not essential, who doesn't like some quality visuals with their games? In the end graphics don't make a game, but they certainly help create an interesting world.
Even Nintendo knows that, Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword certainly aim to create impressive game worlds within the Wii's limitations. It's why they take the cartoonish approach - if Nintendo were to make another Twilight Princess-like gritty Zelda, they just wouldn't be able to deliver to a gamer base who's seen gritty done with insane detail in the PS3 and XBox.

The Wii ends up being looked down upon as a lesser creature, the "family" console for gamers who don't know what they're doing, because it doesn't have all the games with high ratings on IGN, but it does have a million variations on the Wii Sports formula.
Almost all the best Wii games have come from Nintendo themselves. This happens for two reasons:

A. The technical limitations just prevent a lot of titles from being on the Wii, and those that get there are utterly neutered. Visuals are inferior, controls are and untraditional and the motion aspect isn't good enough to justify it, online multiplayer is either primitive or simply non-existing. So a great Wii title would almost certainly have to be made especially for that console, and forsake the market share of the other two for no real promise, since the large casual share of the Wii buyers isn't interested in a lot of games.

B. Nobody knows how or really wants to make the effort to implement the motion controls interestingly apart from Nintendo, who are pushing the concept. There's just no market in doing that when you can make games with the traditional controls for the other consoles, and when the casual base that the Wii appeals to doesn't demand that great a level of innovation.

The Wii can't live on an almost exclusive diet of Nintendo-made games. Skyward Sword came out last November. They don't even care anymore, it's all about their next misguided console that's the graphical equivalent of its seven-year-old competitors.

Oh, yeah. That's another reason. The Wii U and its bold move to incorporate new technology into gaming that you've NEVER seen before except in every iPad game ever. And either playing with one more screen than human beings can physically focus their eyes on, or without a TV. Whoa.
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I think Nintendo is awesome. I like the Wii, but there are a lot of weird Nintendo games.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

personaly i want to sit down and play a game. not being active.
so wii fails there already.
nintendo makes their games mainly for the pre-teen market.
the age where your parents were still looking whit you. they don't come alot on the populair sites or share their experience.
but parents buy the wii anyway to keep the kids active.

i dunno what point i tryed to make but.
i'm a big nintendo fan. except for the wii.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i dont hate nintendo nor do i find anything wrong with it....although it may not be my favorite im still a huge fan of mario/zelda but nintendo does drag on their game series

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

too much pokemon, there's probaly gonna be a pokemon 30 when im in college

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

nintendo is great in my opinion. The games are great, probably some of the best out there. Problem is the wii sucked. lets face it it's bad. I think that hurt Nintendo's name.

The gamecube was really successful, so was the gameboy. The DS and wii are different from their past. the touch screen and "wand" controller just aren't doing it for some people. I think their next console will include a more "standard" controler and maybe will bring them up.

They are still a really successful company and have no chance of dieing.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

The company in general? Nothing. It's just that the Wii was considered a flop compared to basically any other Nintendo system besides their earlier attempt at 3D a ways back. Everything else sold pretty well. I love the N64 the most.

Showing 1-15 of 66