ForumsThe TavernMultitasking

16 2647
kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

So this is a post about if YOU like multitasking, or doing things one by one.

I like multitasking.

• 16 Replies
eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

I like to do things one by one because I don't want to over stimulate myself. I have a very fragile mind.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

I brush my teeth in the shower sometimes. I guess I like to multitask, but I think most of the time I do it without noticing.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I usually don't multitask because I want to give my full attention to stuff I am working on. And when I do try to multitask I often miss stuff in both tasks.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

it depends on the actions. i usually dont multitask but im still pretty good at it.

there is a game on AG called multitask which i really liked too :3

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I can multi-task, but I do it unconsciously. I prefer attacking one task at a time, though.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

When no one's home, I sit on the toilet, with my laptop, watching TV. That's my multitasking. Though if someone comes home, I have explaining to do.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

i do both, but when i can i multitask

~manly man

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I work fairly well while multi-tasking, but that said, I try not to as I end up screwing up more that way.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

I usually do things one by one. If i get frustrated with too many things at once i get extremely severe migrains that last for days.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Does daydreaming while you're doing something count as multitasking? Because if so, I multitask a lot. Besides that though, I really don't like multitasking. I can multitask, but I'd rather be focused on one thing, then move to whatever I want to do next and focus on that thing. I don't like multitasking because it doesn't allow me to focus as much on tasks that I deem important. If I don't think it's important or if I find it easy, (like eating, anything bathroom related, often walking, sometimes school...) I'll space out and daydream the entire time. Occasionally coming back to reality to make sure I'm not messing up.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I prefer doing things one at a time. I really only multitask while cooking, or cleaning. I found that trying to do too many things at once can have bad results.

When no one's home, I sit on the toilet, with my laptop, watching TV.

You've got a TV in your bathroom?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

You've got a TV in your bathroom?

i think he meant tv in his laptop. but i doubt that counts as multitasking more then it is to breath/eat chips while sitting on the sopha watching tv.

unless of course... its not REALLY tv... :3
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

im a great multitasker. here are some of my combos:
-eating while watching TV (easy)
-talking on the phone while peting my dog (easy)
-eating while paking up for school (average)
-playing trombone while listening to my mom raving (average)
-playing 3DS while playing PS3 (hard, i dont usally atempt it)
-moonwalking on a treadmill while playing 3DS (hard, but i have trianed myself to)

thats how i multitask.

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

yeah, so some things i do:

-watching an epic movie while sub-consciously typing this
-watching tv while writing a 500-word essay from start - finish thats due the next day (bad procrastination)
-sleeping on the school bus in the morning while everyone on my bus is screaming their heads out (i can somehow drain out the noise)

My weirdest one : before i tell u, u should know it was during night at 10:00 p.m. U.S., but at where i was at before, it was 4:00 in the morning. + i didnt get any sleep on the plane... Ans, the day before i woke on 3:00 in the morning and didnt sleep till

Anyway....

- Walking up the stairs from the airport, when all of a sudden im dreaming while walking up the stairs. i go to to my bathroom, brush my teeth then wake up...

colony101
colony101
44 posts
Shepherd

I like to multitask if having 7 tabs open and listening to music counts

Showing 1-15 of 16