ForumsThe TavernThe Next Hundred Years

23 4200
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

How do you think the world will change in the next hundred years? I think some time in the next century the world's population will decline, because education will become so expensive that many people won't have more than two kids. In the past (few hundred years ago) people would have lots of children because kids could just work on their farms for them, but that has obviously changed.

• 23 Replies
PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

We have over populated the Earth and we will see change in a sweeping pandemic that greatly reduces the population. Then people will begin to see their faults and make changes that are needed.

awesomekid52
awesomekid52
5 posts
Peasant

Well I don't think there will be much religion, and technology has increased a lot and we may have finally colonized Mars/The Moon. Not sure.

jeroenaa
jeroenaa
13 posts
Blacksmith

I think we all went into space. We would go to another planet and shoot the people who live there of their planet and live there. We would all live happily ever after.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

At some point I'm sure we'll be able to download our minds onto computers or something... maybe we'll have computer chips implanted in our head in good time...

And of course, we'll be able to travel through space with much less difficulty!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

We have over populated the Earth and we will see change in a sweeping pandemic that greatly reduces the population.

I have a hunch some enormous pandemic or natural disaster is going to wipe out some overpopulated country like Bangladesh within the next century. Something out of our control is going to happen to regulate the population of our planet so we don't overpopulate before we can colonize elsewhere.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Then people will begin to see their faults and make changes that are needed.

That will never happen. Most people never admit their faults, and they never make changes.

People will be on all planets only on Sun we will not.

The Sun is a star, not a planet, so it would be impossible to live there anyway.

We would go to another planet and shoot the people who live there of their planet and live there. We would all live happily ever after.

Doesn't make humans seem that nice does it?

maybe we'll have computer chips implanted in our head in good time

Why?
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Why?

So we could browse the internet via our minds and not have to use computers! Is it really that far-fetched an idea?
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

in the next hundred years, people will realize that terrorism is getting much worse, and the world will become chaotic. im not part of the end-of-the-world conspiracy, but im just saying that theres probably going to be alot of terrorists going around in a 100 years.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

In the next hundred years, someone will have incited nuclear war and my great grandchildren will live in a beautiful, post apocalyptic world akin to all my favorite books like Mortal Engines. There will be airships made of tattered remnants, and the final pieces of the Great Masters of the Twenty First Century will finish each other off. After that, in the next five hundred years, my great-great-great-great-great-grandchild will own an airship, and will sail the skies in my name. True bliss.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I don't know what will happen. I would hope for some very great medical breakthroughs that could extend our lifetime.

In the next hundred years, someone will have incited nuclear war

One word: MAD.

Why?

One theory I've found suggests that eventually, technology would become so great and so advanced that it could not be comprehended by the human mind so humans are able to be "upgraded" via electronics.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I don't know anything for sure, but I think I'll be dead.

tricker20
tricker20
9 posts
Peasant

In the next hundred years I think that the population of earth will go down. I also think we will become fat and lazy, because we'll have invented machiens to do all the work for us. And because we will be fat and lazy we will start dieing off. I don't completly think that this will happen, but theres a good chanes that this will happen.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Thanks to medical and technological advance, things like blindness and deafness will be curable, but that also means the cyborg part of the population will increase. That's right, cyborgs. Humans with pacemakers, in-built hearing devices, prostheses, or even artificial eyes.
This case shows that concerns about private life and acceptance of technology will be getting more important in the next few years.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

So we could browse the internet via our minds and not have to use computers! Is it really that far-fetched an idea?

Pretty wild idea. I don't see much difference between browsing the internet with your mind, or browsing it with a computer. You get the same results either way.
halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

i like the idea of cyborg technology to go along with the brain thing, it could eventually lead to immortality

Showing 1-15 of 23