ForumsWEPRWho do you think was the worst dictator ever?

130 42151
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

sorry if this is double post, but hit submit before i wrote the original post.

Just like the title says, who do you think was the worst dictator ever and why.

• 130 Replies
halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

hitler mussolini combo the axis powers could be pretty terrifying

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

It really depends how you define 'worst' dictator. I would say that the closest interpretation is about how he rules his country, and in this case I agree Hitler wasn't the worst. His crimes against Jews, disabled etc. were of course some of the biggest crimes in history. But he did not merely seek power for himself, he wanted to achieve greatness for Germany, and in the beginning he managed to share the people around him, since he was a great orator as already mentioned.

I'd say one very bad dictator is Assad, as he kills his own people only to fortify his position. He seems only to care about his dynasty and not his country.

bigmac258
bigmac258
103 posts
Nomad

Adolf hitler or Polpot these two make saddam hussein look like sponge bob

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

All I know is that if I were a dictator, I'd definitely be an applicable participant.

Anywho...

We've had our share of bad dictators, but as HahiHa said, it depends on what you define 'bad' is. Even then, there are to many to chose from. One of the rulers of he Aztecs went insane and took up cannibalism, which resulted in thousands of his most devoted followers being consumed by him personally. I think he was from the Ryan bloodline. I can't remember.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Which is worse, a man who harshly tortures his child in an attempt to help him, or a man who largely ignores his child, but still provides all their needs? I would say the person who is torturing their child is the worse father...

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

But he only impaled lawbreakers and enemies

the 20.000 people in Amlas (including woman and children) sure will agree whit that.
and so will all the poor and sick from Wallachia.

i think Ivan the Terrible is can be a good, bad dictator ever.

this ruler is one of the most vicious mass murderers ever to live. In 1570, strongly believing that the elite of the city of Novgorod was planning to defect to Poland. he led an army and built walls around the city so that people could not escape. He would release his wrath by forcing 500 to 1000 people to be gathered and had them tortured and massacred in front of him and his son. This would happen every single day. In 1581.

or what about pol pot?

Pol Pot almost completely ruined Cambodiaâs culture by murdering the intellectuals in the country. Those who were just wearing glasses would be murdered. He had his own people massacred at a rate twice as fast as Hitlerâs Nazi killed Jews. And it wasnât just simple murders. He allotted and set up killing fields were people would be tortured then murdered.
During his reign, disease spread and starvation continued to send people to their agonizing death. Cambodians were living in absolute horror day and night. All these killed two million Cambodians. Thatâs one-third of the countryâs population. Yes, Stalin, Mao and Hitler ordered the killings of much more people but given a longer term, Pol Pot would have exceeded their records.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Cormyn.

TheAristocracy
TheAristocracy
2 posts
Nomad

Well, after studying this subject for quite some time, and referring to several statistics concerning those killed during their respective reigns, etc., I have come to the conclusion that the worst dictator ever was, indeed, Cormyn.

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

probably hitler, he killed thousands

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

probably hitler, he killed thousands

/facepalm

I thought nizkor and the schools were doing a better job than this . . .
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Parvez musharraf was the worse he prostituted my nation to the west

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

**** IT!
You fools have crumbled before Godwin's Law! I am ashamed to even look upon your usernames! What part of enemies and friends do you not understand?
Killing millions of people on your side, the loyal ones, is evil dictatorship. Killing millions everywhere is just evil.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

You fools have crumbled before Godwin's Law! I am ashamed to even look upon your usernames! What part of enemies and friends do you not understand?
Killing millions of people on your side, the loyal ones, is evil dictatorship. Killing millions everywhere is just evil.

I am confused. Are you drunk? HITLER KILLED MILLIONS ON HIS SIDE. HIS OWN PEOPLE. Was this not clear? Was this not stated in that special school your mommy put you in after she dropped you? Hitler killed millions of his own people, Jews, communists, homosexuals, the disabled. He took his OWN People and threw them into an oven. He burned loyal citizens. That is evil dictatorship, even by your own definition....
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I was going to post an argument, but seeing as I just spent some time writing in my AMW thread, I cannot be stuffed arguing over what has been repeated thousands of times. Sorry to deprive thee of a good time, but my AMW thread is always open.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I was going to post an argument, but seeing as I just spent some time writing in my AMW thread, I cannot be stuffed arguing over what has been repeated thousands of times. Sorry to deprive thee of a good time, but my AMW thread is always open.

Repeated thousands of times? What? Basically the only argument anyone has brought up for Hitler has been "Well he may have killed millions of his own people, but that is OK because he wanted to make his country better". Which is stupid, and does not fit here...
Showing 16-30 of 130