ForumsThe Tavernbraces, the torture within

25 4019
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

how many of you have/are/will be experiencing the cruel and unusual torment of braces and what are your tips for going through that torment, how to fix problems etc.

~manly man

• 25 Replies
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I hate braces. I have had them for about a year. The orthodontist tells you that you can't eat certain foods, but you actually can as long as you're careful. I'm really looking forward to getting them off.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

I'm really looking forward to getting them off.

Oh the pain an cracking sounds! That might altogether be worse than having the braces.
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Oh the pain an cracking sounds!

It doesn't hurt to get them off. Unless the dentist has shaky hands...
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

It doesn't hurt to get them off. Unless the dentist has shaky hands...

Or the brace just won't come off.
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i was supposed to get braces last year, but it turned out that my orthodontist told me i wouldnt need them. i was a lucky one, braces suck. ik people who have them, they cant eat popcorn, gum, ect. you name it, they cant have it.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

Oh the pain an cracking sounds
yes, i've been having those awful cracking sounds more recently, it reminds me of when my dentist pulled out 2 teeth, it wasn't bad at the time but thinking back on that it seems so terrible and kinda gross, and now the same feeling of my teeth getting loose are coming back to haunt me.
braces, oh how i hate you

~manly man
Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I still have to have them on for 2 more years i think.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I have and never will need braces, I mean just look at these pearly whites. *smiles* AHHHHHH I looked in the mirror I'm blind.

squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

I had braces for almost all of highschool! To make them look less ugly, I got a grey chain on them instead of a colored one. The colored ones can get distorted depending on what you eat, but the grey ones are pretty much safe no matter what you eat. Also, seriously makes sure to brush your gums a lot so that they dont grow around the braces (EW!) Obviously brush your teeth, and also brush your tongue. Brushing your tongue helps with bad breath a lot. And keep mints on hand. Also, despite what your orthodontist might say, its ok to have gum as long as its sugar-free. Sugarfree gum will help get the food particles out that you can't. Especially if you dont want to bring a toothbrush to school! Hope this helps!

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I had braces and they weren't that bad, only problem I had with braces was I had to be really careful about getting into fights cause I had one kid punch me in the mouth and I had to pull the braces out of my upper lip after, wasn't that painful until you start relizing just how far in the braces got pushed.

Also, seriously makes sure to brush your gums a lot so that they dont grow around the braces (EW!) Obviously brush your teeth, and also brush your tongue. Brushing your tongue helps with bad breath a lot. And keep mints on hand. Also, despite what your orthodontist might say, its ok to have gum as long as its sugar-free. Sugarfree gum will help get the food particles out that you can't. Especially if you dont want to bring a toothbrush to school! Hope this helps!

When I had braces I only brushed once a day, never flossed, never used any mouthwash or anything. Breath was fine, never had food particles stuck in my teeth, gums were actually more messed up by my retainer than my braces.
Showing 16-25 of 25