ForumsWEPRYo! Where is everyone? You all at church worshiping Glob?

29 9394
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The topic title is a quote from Adventure Time. Glob is a made-up god on the show.

Made-up religions designed specifically for entertainment purposes have always fascinated me. A lot goes into creating them, and they can sometimes take the public by storm, such as the Church of Trek.

What do you think of them?

• 29 Replies
halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

in real life mabey but it helps add depth to alot of RPGs

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Anyone one heard of the Star Wars Church?
They believe in "The Force"
George Lucas now officially has a cult.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

dont like them just 1 god

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

As for the spaghetti monster, all I know is that it's a tool used by trolls to troll zealots.

it's a substitute for god in debates about religion.
atleast thats what it original was.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Pastafarianism IS an actual religion.

Doesn't it make one ponder, what is the difference between "made up game" religion and religion? I can't think of one valid point.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Doesn't it make one ponder, what is the difference between "made up game" religion and religion? I can't think of one valid point.

That's because they're both exactly the same >.< Fundamentally, every religion is the same. Only specific claims differ.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Precisely my point. Just wanted to see a response from religious people....

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i was thinking the exact same thing. xD

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

to think of it, a game religion doesn't have any real human followers.
others have.

thats the only difference i can think of.

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

Hehe, I am proud to count myself a...Globite, or what the heck ya wanna call it.

I also worship the Cosmic Owl!

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

Actually, I would think that no matter what the religion is, where it originated, who it worships, etc. etc., there will always be worshipers. I mean, just look at the church of the flying spaghetti monster.

There really is no such thing as "made up" and "real" religions. Anyone can worship anything. It would make just as much sense to worship the Greek god of culture as it would to worship the first baloney sandwich ever made. Really no limits in that sense.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

the church of the flying spaghetti monster.

it's not a religion. at most a cult of very stupid people.
but more likely just a joke.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

You have to be careful with making up a religion though..some people might take it seriously *coughscientologycough*

TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

Ahh, the FSM. I find it how amusing the creator appears to take things so seriously with this religion he made up. Such an elaborate setup, I believe he would have actual followers who would believe in this god if he were to say, replace the spaggheti monster with a formless being.

Showing 16-29 of 29