ForumsProgramming ForumOptimization!

6 4754
rytherix
rytherix
68 posts
Nomad

whats the best way to optimize your flash games for max fps, is there a program that can do it for you, or some secret I dont know of 0.0

• 6 Replies
meman
meman
275 posts
Nomad

go to www.newgrounds.com search for a flash catagory you might find something there

n037
n037
30 posts
Nomad

I don't know, if you mean that, put you can set the fps-rate at the bottom of flash:
[Click here]

n037
n037
30 posts
Nomad

Oh sorry, I forgot, I've got the german version... "Bildrate" is "Frame rate" in the english version.

rytherix
rytherix
68 posts
Nomad

wouldnt bildrate mean "Picture-Rate" in german =P

n037
n037
30 posts
Nomad

If you translate it correctly that's right, but as I know in the english version of flash it's frame-rate. What do you know that from? Do you speak/learn german? Or did you use a translator?

josh
josh
9 posts
Nomad

Max FPS? OK, it really all depends on what you are doing. Stuff that might slow down fps:

1. lots of complex vector graphics
Solution: Maybe you can reduce those or convert the pictures to bitmap?

2. big moving bitmap pictures, and lots of them
Solution: Use bitmap caching, but refer to the flash help first.

3. lots of enterFrames, and lots of codes
This one is unavoidable. In some games, everything needs an enterFrame. To solve this, try to reduce the codes in the enterFrames or try to reduce the number of objects on the screen that have enterFrames. If you use Flash 9 or CS3, with Actionscript 3, the same thing will run 10 times faster than if you use Actionscript 2.

4. Redundant objects.
Solution: Sometimes, objects need to be unloaded from your movie. If you don't new objects of the same instance replace them, but the old ones are still there, underneath! After playing the game for quite some time, you'll have like 50 of the same objects on the same spot and you don't suspect a thing but FPS becomes like 9/sec OOHHH!!

Hope that helps

-Josh

Showing 1-6 of 6