ForumsGamesBest Storyline?

49 7469
AdrianAffliction
AdrianAffliction
5 posts
Nomad

Ive been wondering what games have you guys played that had some epic storylines, the ones that have you hooked to see what happens. I havent seen much awesome storylines but I think the best Ive ever seen is in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team. Its its very thought provoking. But anyways, have you seen any? If yes just lay it here! Thanks.

• 49 Replies
Roty
Roty
779 posts
Nomad

Definetly the Mass Effect series. Maybe YOU create the story but it ends up good and very awesome no matter what you choose.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I really enjoy the Splinter Cell series. The cutscenes are detailed and inform you of important things as if you are actually there, and the missions are lengthy.

I'm not sure about this new one though. Sam looks younger and I don't like the new voice actor. It also looks like they're decreasing stealth, from what I saw at the conference. It showed Sam going Rambo in the desert.

randomguy321
randomguy321
1 posts
Nomad

I liked the uncharted story alot

V1nn13
V1nn13
34 posts
Shepherd

my fav is probbably Skyrim becayse you can choose how your story goes with all sorts of different factions and sidequests that change your story

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

best Ive ever seen is in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team.

you have no idea how happy i am that im not the only one who actually talks about theses games. while i do agree i think that final fantasy 10 and pokemon mystery dungeon 2 have better storylines
blazeemeraldblade
blazeemeraldblade
2 posts
Nomad

Depends on what age group you want it for. For children, Kingdom Hearts and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time are easily some of the best out there in my opinion. For early teens and the like, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, and Okami are some good ones. For late teens-adult, Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect, and possibly (If you're into it) Halo are very good titles. But, it all depends on your preferences, I personally think that action should be based off of character development, so most of the titles above are based on that concept.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Definetly the Mass Effect series. Maybe YOU create the story but it ends up good and very awesome no matter what you choose.

I agree that the Mass Effect trilogy has the best story in a game so far (I only count games I played) but the ending isn't always good

Spoiler
Because in my 1st save I pretty much wiped out the earth and f'cked up the universe.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Dynasty Warrior games (also...Romance of the Three Kingdoms games)...I am a huge fanatic for the games, the book they are based off of, and the time period it is based off of

Jak and Daxter series (Excluding The Lost Frontier)

....are you kidding me? The ending situation is absolutely terrible! Not to mention the fact that they promised a different ending sequence depending on how you played the game...only to make it the same no matter what you do. The only difference in the endings (and the only thing you really decide) is what colour you want to make things die from
Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

What about la noire that game is one of the best and the story line is violent but very intresting

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

Not MW3 that's for sure. I really liked Halo Reach though. Very entertaining, and by killing absolutely everyone you know there will be no room for individual character games.

Macgamerworld
Macgamerworld
14 posts
Nomad

Okay I just have to put this out here, Super Meat Boy on the Xbox360. It's storyline is really easy to follow.

Chock61
Chock61
69 posts
Nomad

I think its the halo series, because Halo:CE,Halo 2,Halo 3:ODST,Halo3,Halo4,Halo:reach,Halo:CEA. enouge games with big story

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Halo:CE

Halo:CEA

Same game. New coat of paint.

Halo4

Not out yet.

the halo series

I disagree; Halo has an incredibly complicated and intricate story filled with techno-babble and novels of exposition outside the video games. The Halo Universe's story is compelling and quite awesome, but you kinda have to jump through lot of hoops to understand it all. Or you could just take the "Aliens wanna kill Humanz" approach and not even care because, hey, blue aliens gettin' shot!

-Chillz
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I loved baldars gate dark alliance that game was awesome I wish they would remake it.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

I find playing a game more enjoyable with a great storyline. Like in Telepath RPG 2 the gameplay is average but it is my favorite game due to the storyline in the game. It just makes me want to know what happens next and keeps me hooked until i beat the game.

Showing 1-15 of 49