ForumsWEPRReligions of Armor Games

102 26130
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

A thread like this may already have been made...but I don't see it so I thought I'd make one. Just a simple question...what is your religion? And why so?

Also..please try to keep arguments very limited. I'm not looking to start flame wars here..I am just interested in hearing about why people believe in what they do.

• 102 Replies
Kellinger
Kellinger
158 posts
Nomad

I am a Wiccan, which is Witchcraft for those who don't know about it, and for any Christians who think im a devil worshiper... go look Wicca up, its a very earth-based religion and yes, there is still magic, just not the kind that you think of in movies

but i agree with bigjacob and legomylego
religion is a big cause between fighting, same with race, and social class

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I believe that there is 'some strong, supernatural being' out there, whether it be the Christian God, or any other.

That is Agnostic Theism, so ya know

Agreed. Too much fighting over texts

Though at the same time it could just lead to harmless debates...though I will admit is a very very very very (did I mention very?) rare thing
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Though at the same time it could just lead to harmless debates...though I will admit is a very very very very (did I mention very?) rare thing

They're rare because they spark no flames and hence are not noticeable. I don't think religion is as divisive a force for the majority of people around the world as we make it out to be.
thewolf52
thewolf52
28 posts
Nomad

I am a muslim.

StarOfPathz
StarOfPathz
14 posts
Nomad

I am a Christian. I believe this because I have faith in a God and I believe the Bible is the only reliable Holy book. I have done research and Christianity seems to be the only logical religion. I am not ignorant of other peoples views, nor do I treat them differently because of them. I believe we have all sinned and we need a savior Jesus Christ. I encourage all of you to do your own studies in to Christianity and I pray you will see it as the one true religion.
P.S. Not all religions can be the same and true as some people say. There can only be one because all religions Contradict Christianity

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

I am a Christian. I believe this because I have faith in a God and I believe the Bible is the only reliable Holy book. I have done research and Christianity seems to be the only logical religion. I am not ignorant of other peoples views, nor do I treat them differently because of them. I believe we have all sinned and we need a savior Jesus Christ. I encourage all of you to do your own studies in to Christianity and I pray you will see it as the one true religion.
P.S. Not all religions can be the same and true as some people say. There can only be one because all religions Contradict Christianity

wrong... if you claim christianity as logical then you pretty much say that judaism is logical. and neither judaism or islam (not totally sure about islam) contradict christianity.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I am a Christian. I believe this because I have faith in a God and I believe the Bible is the only reliable Holy book. I have done research and Christianity seems to be the only logical religion.

I would like to speak with you further about what it is that you think makes the Bible reliable and Christianity logical.

We can discuss this further if you wish at the thread linked below.
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/7315679/theism-and-atheism
Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

Agnostic Theistic here. I have very complicated religious views, but that would probably describe me best.

And for StarOfPathz and anyone else thinking something similar: Religion is not logical. Ever. Everyone has their own reasons for believing in what they do, but there is only a handful of religions that actually are 100% logical. And also, the fact that all religions contradict Christianity doesn't really meaning anything. I don't think there is even a single religion that isn't contradicted by all others. If religions didn't contradict eachother, then they would be both the same things.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I have very complicated religious views, but that would probably describe me best.

In my experience this usually means the views aren't very well grounded and the person simply isn't sure how to justify those beliefs. This is often the result of beliefs going unchallenged, intellectually speaking.

I would very much recommend discussing them in further detail. It will very much help you form ways of explaining your beliefs so that it doesn't seem so complicated. Or you might find huge errors in your belief system that could end up either being patched or end up with that belief being discarded for a stronger more reliable one.

Again link i posted in my last post here is a good place for that discussion to take place.
Alpha791
Alpha791
3,896 posts
Peasant

I'm atheist. I'm mostly against religion in the fact that I believe that nothing is all powerful and created us or exists outside of space and time. I also am against organized religion because of the confrontation and division of cultures it causes. Almost every war in recorded history is about religion. If it weren't for the church controlling government for almost 1000 years and stopping any tampering in any form of science since that was reserved for the "Superior Being", imagine how far along the human race would be. My favorite way to put things is as such-I believe in ethics, not theism.

Showing 91-100 of 102