ForumsWEPRReligions of Armor Games

102 26145
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

A thread like this may already have been made...but I don't see it so I thought I'd make one. Just a simple question...what is your religion? And why so?

Also..please try to keep arguments very limited. I'm not looking to start flame wars here..I am just interested in hearing about why people believe in what they do.

• 102 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Maybe that is because the only real discussion you can have without doing this is

It's not really supposed to be a discussion thread though - Just interesting to see what religions are on AG.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

It's not really supposed to be a discussion thread though - Just interesting to see what religions are on AG.

So you want a bunch of random people - mostly people who don't use this forum - coming onto the forum and posting their religions? With no discussion? Then here is the American census on religions. Have fun. Most of the users of AG are American, so that should be pretty accurate.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Most of the users of AG are American, so that should be pretty accurate.

Most, but not all.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Most, but not all.

Unless all of the foreigners come to this forum, then the information I gave you will be just as accurate (If not more so) then the information this forum could gather.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

There's massive diversity in location in the forums.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

There's massive diversity in location in the forums.

If you want to see the forum religion (For some reason?) then the page will still be more accurate then a post with less then fifty posts.

Taking the overall of AG, there are millions of players. Less then a thousand use the forums, for sure. The statistics would be more accurate then this forum for finding the overall all then this post would.

Taking all of the foreigners,even the ones that can speak English well enough to post here, most still don't use the forum. The statistics of America would still likely be accurate.

Now taking only the forums, the majority will come from forums that lean one way or the other religiously. This forum (Where logically most answers are from) is filled with atheists, so you will get more atheists then Christians. The only other people who would come in would be random people, if anything you would have gotten better results from posting this in one of the main forums. The statistics I gave you would be more accurate then any information you could gain from doing a pole of forum users here.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Taking all of the foreigners,even the ones that can speak English well enough to post here, most still don't use the forum. The statistics of America would still likely be accurate.

As one of these "foreigners" who isn't from America, I speak perfect English. Many other "foreigners" do because we come from an English speaking country.

The statistics I gave you would be more accurate then any information you could gain from doing a pole of forum users here.

Well technically the stats you linked me to gave me nothing since the sites down for maintenance.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

As one of these "foreigners" who isn't from America, I speak perfect English. Many other "foreigners" do because we come from an English speaking country.

Most countries don't speak enough English to be able to hold an advanced conversation in that language. Most AG users are American. While many foreigners are on the forums, only a few actually post on a pole here, making the statistic more accurate for both the whole of AG and the forums.

Well technically the stats you linked me to gave me nothing since the sites down for maintenance.

...No it isn't. I just checked the link. US census people must hate foreigners or something.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

@314d1-I have to agree with jeffrey on this one. this thread is for more than statistic. if we wanted U.S. religions, we would do U.S. religions, but we want AG religions. it doesn't matter how much of AG is american, this is a world website and we will treat this as such.

-Blade

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

@314d1-I have to agree with jeffrey on this one. this thread is for more than statistic. if we wanted U.S. religions, we would do U.S. religions, but we want AG religions. it doesn't matter how much of AG is american, this is a world website and we will treat this as such.

While it is an international website, most of the people are American. A poll, pretty much by definition, is a statistic. Now which is better, a question on a forum (Which most AGer's don't go on, and those that do mostly focus towards one religion.), or a statistic that brings in most of the country that most of the people are from, then compares it to the group of AGers?

It hardly ignores foreigners, it is just far simpler to assume that since most the people on this location are from America, the statistics of America would most closely mirror that of AG at large.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Let's please try to stay on topic here...and if people want to discuss they are more than welcome to. In fact I had people questioning me about my beliefs (though after some time I stopped replying due to the fact that I believe they were not understanding what I was saying and treating me like a blind follower of my beliefs and it became too much of a hassle to try and explain myself when I really had no need to do so). So I do not mind people asking others about their beliefs...just try to keep hate out of it

@314d1 - Though it would seem logical to assume that AG would follow the same statistics as the American poll, you have to take into thought that it being so may not be the case. There is a fair chance that this site might have a lower rate of Catholics than the poll's rate, or a higher number of Mormons, or maybe even a few Scientologists

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

@314d1 - Though it would seem logical to assume that AG would follow the same statistics as the American poll, you have to take into thought that it being so may not be the case. There is a fair chance that this site might have a lower rate of Catholics than the poll's rate, or a higher number of Mormons, or maybe even a few Scientologists

I didn't say "Here is the statistics, they are 100% accurate to this forum!" I said "Here are the statistics! They are far better then a random pole!", which is true.

Let's please try to stay on topic here...and if people want to discuss they are more than welcome to. In fact I had people questioning me about my beliefs (though after some time I stopped replying due to the fact that I believe they were not understanding what I was saying and treating me like a blind follower of my beliefs and it became too much of a hassle to try and explain myself when I really had no need to do so). So I do not mind people asking others about their beliefs...just try to keep hate out of it

If the only discussion we can have is with people who are not on, we can't have discussion. Most people just post once then leave, and those who don't are already forum regulars who have stated their belief multiple times.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

They are far better then a random pole!", which is true.

Even more so, considering that a random pole is not a poll at all.

Most people just post once then leave, and those who don't are already forum regulars who have stated their belief multiple times.

Makes me wonder why poll threads don't just get locked. They invariably attract spam and generate little to no discussion.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Jesus christ died for your sins he lives up in heaven because he rose form the dead and protects, defends,and loves you even now

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Jesus christ died for your sins he lives up in heaven

god can't have sinners around him. jesus toe all the sins of all people. there is no way he can be in heaven.
or did god forgive him for his sins?
if so then why shouldn't god forgive me from my sin of not believing in him?
Showing 31-45 of 102