ForumsThe Tavernbest olmpyian: michael phelps?!

19 3857
skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

is that true ? i mean yeah hes good but, he got lucky a few times and never won by much.as i am on a swimteam i know it is hard to win by a second or more but hes american? right?is ryan lochte better?

• 19 Replies
NotoriousJuicy
NotoriousJuicy
15 posts
Nomad

Yes, Phelps is the best. Now that he is retiring, we'll see what happens.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

I think it's not true to say he is the "best" Olympian. Sure he won the most medals, but In a sport with a lot of different disciplines.

I would think its a lot better if someone would win that many medals in boxing, where you can only win one medal in your weight class.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

I think it's not true to say he is the "best" Olympian. Sure he won the most medals, but In a sport with a lot of different disciplines.

How can you say that? Do you know how tiring it is to try and swim as fast as Phelps? He did it without any rest, he sometimes had to compete in more than 1 event a day. You have to be crazy fit to last as much as Phelps did.
TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

He is the most decorated athlete in the olympics. It's hard to compare him to others in the past who could possibly of been better, even though I doubt there have been better.

Showing 16-19 of 19