ForumsThe Tavernbest olmpyian: michael phelps?!

19 3859
skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

is that true ? i mean yeah hes good but, he got lucky a few times and never won by much.as i am on a swimteam i know it is hard to win by a second or more but hes american? right?is ryan lochte better?

• 19 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I would take discussions of Olympic athletes to this thread.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

is ryan lochte better?

No. Ryan Lochte is garbage. He came into the olympics thinking he was the next Phelps. Did he win 8 medals? no. He made the U. S. lose a relay.

Lochte is not "clutch" Phelps is, and Michael Phelps is by far the best Olympic swimmer in history.
PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

No. Ryan Lochte is garbage. He came into the olympics thinking he was the next Phelps. Did he win 8 medals? no. He made the U. S. lose a relay.

Haha, so funny. No Olympian is garbage, every single Olympian is unbelievable fascinating in his or her event. You need to be the very best to qualify for the Olympics.

Hard to say who is the very best Olympian, in my very biased Canadian opinion I'd have to say Sidney Crosby or Sinclair
kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

not necessarily, depends on what you mean by better. fastest, best technique, role model, etc.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

Haha, so funny. No Olympian is garbage, every single Olympian is unbelievable fascinating in his or her event. You need to be the very best to qualify for the Olympics.

That's true he isn't terrible, but in London he wasn't even rivaling Phelps. Phelps is an old man, he didn't train his hardest the past few years and still kicked Lochte's butt.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Lochte is the same age as Phelps. So get your facts straight XVERB.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Phelps is seriously the best Olympian. It isn't that I like him (I do, but) he is the most decorated Olympian in the history of the Olympics. Therefore, the best Olympian is Michael Phelps.

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

hes not going so good this year

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

oopps he is kicking *** like 4 gold medals

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

He is the best swimmer, but I think decathlon athletes are better in general. They have to do 10 different events and be good at all of them.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

decathalon is only seven events

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Your wrong. For one you can just tell by the name. deca=10

And if you still don't believe me here is a link.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Wait, what? I added the link. Sigh, here it is.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

decathlon is 10 events. I'm sure. And the winner of the Decathlon is usually considered the best athlete in the world after winning.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

i see my bad

Showing 1-15 of 19