ForumsGamesSuper Smash Bros.

103 16536
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I really like Super Smash Bros. I have some really good memories of playing the first one on N64 when I was a little kid. I think Brawl is a really great game. It is deffinetly one of my favorite Wii games.

• 103 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

i also got the feeling that the controls were much easier in brawl.

They are. There's a longer period where, when doing an attack, you can tell it to do another attack and it will chain it over. In melee you had to do it right as the attack ended, in Brawl there's a half second window.

maybe it was just me but i felt the characters in melee were heavier and less agile (espacially in the air)

Melee was simply faster paced. Characters shot up faster and fell to the ground faster. You also could only air dodge once before you would be vulnerable to any attack until you could reach the ground and recover or be hit.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Wavedashing, imho, is just abusing the game mechanics. I never learned how to do it, but I played against someone who ranked high in a tournament for melee...he just spammed it with Fox at final destination. I only played him once so I never came up with a way to fight it, but it was cheap to say the least. Moving as fast as running with a constant reflect/knockback/shock damage with a semi-wide all around radius...
Just saying, some people have criticized brawl for not having it.

Who here is excited for SSB: Universe to come out?

~~~Darth Caedus
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

not right now :/

i didnt plan to get the wii u or the nintendo 3ds. but i knew that eventually they will make games ive been following with passion (super smash brothers, pokemon mystery dungeon, and kingdom hearts)...

i guess i will have to buy them eventually

The_Fire_Ninja
The_Fire_Ninja
15 posts
Nomad

I personally like Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I haven't played Melee but the graphics on brawl are amazing and the gameplay is superb. My favorite character is MARIO because he kickes but.http://http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/mario/mario.jpg

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I think that Sheik is the best because of her speed and ability to jump and attack easily also a great character is Pit.

Sheik is okay. Her moves are fast but her smashes lack in range/power and recovery time is long.

I think to worst character of super smash is Wolf because he has no jumping skills and a horrable save move and is too heavy. How about you?

Wolf is definitely not the worst. He's one of the best characters out there. With strong, fast smashes and moves, a reflector, the 3rd best final smash in the game and a variety of moves, he is strong. He also isn't nearly as slow as you're making him out to be.

because strength and slowness are just week

No. Strength/slowness isn't bad all by itself. While Ganondorf is the worst character, that's because his moves take forever to go and are short ranged.

With large characters who move slowly, you have to be more precise and know how to play them in order to do well. You can't just spam moves and rack up hits.
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

snake is the best?
lies! lies! lies!
those chants will turn out true.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

ike is the best because of one of his combos, cant remember how to do it though........... then, snake is second.

andymaster1234
andymaster1234
7 posts
Peasant

kirby i so coolXDDD

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I've played Melee but not 64. My favorite characters in Brawl are the sword classes - Link, Ike, Marth, Toon Link, etc.

Showing 91-99 of 103