ForumsWEPRto attack in Iran or to not attack in Iran

119 34903
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

this tread is about the statistics and guesing. even if you support by ideaoligy one of the side, its about what you think will happen, not what you hope or want to. so "Israel people are braver" "the iranian have the right to destroy israel" - Out, "the IDF as prove himself useful and has the tools for the job" "Iran have a strong anti-air defence system" - In.

so guys, do you think that an attack in Iran by Israel will stop the Developing of an atomic bomb by Iran, will only slow it or will do nothing at all? do you think that the damage in the home front Will be worth it or will cost too many lives and damage?
and - does Israel need to wait for USA to interfere or Israel need to do it by herself, "befor its too late"?

firstly, my opinion is that Netanyau is trying to make a 'scene', make the problem be bigger than its actualy is. sure that an nuclear Iran is a treat to Israel, but attacing it will only give them an Excuse to attack us, saying that they are defending against us.
even that the Israeli is a very strong army {one of the bests in the world}, the Iranian showd us that they are not to be disregard. they fought for 8 years against Iraq. so tehy wont break up easly, like some in Israel hope {like the eygeption army in 1967 - againt, i dont disregard them too. like i dont blame the french army in WW2}. and, unlike the US army, we wont get the support of the locals who oppose the regiem, as it will be easier to Hammedinijad to unit the Iranian against the 'zionists', while USA is more nautral to them.
and, unlike USA, saudi-arabia as said that they wont let our airplanse to fly over her Territory and will shoot them if they will. afcors they will never do this to USA army.

so, i think that we {Israel} need to let USA make the move, maybe help as we can, and not do it ourself. not because of cowardness or that we are affraid, but because of the fact that the USA army is much much stronger and have a better chanses to sucssed, while the Israeli army has less chance to gain support inside Iran and to defeat Iran befor a devisteted rocket barrage on us.

so, what do you think?

• 119 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

So basically you are saying Iran have all the rights to attack Israel now? According to you, Iran will be a survivor?

Nothing in his post actually indicates anything of that sort of bellicose action.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

But that will make you a survivor, unlike others who attacked only when they've been attacked.

You still have no right to attack Iran only because you think it will help you. It won't. Ever thought of how the other Arabic nations will retaliate after Israel attacks Iran?

I still think we need to give the Iranian people the opportunity to handle this themselves; they're not stupid. As soon as the government goes too far, they'll apply the brakes. Only thing Israel can do is prepare themselves for the worst case.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

But that will make you a survivor, unlike others who attacked only when they've been attacked.

if you attack 1st. then you will be the bad guy who started it.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

thats he problme party.
in 1973, in the very beggining, the Israeli army discoverd the upcoming attack. the Israeli aire force armed is planes with air-ground bombs, but the Americans told us "to not attack first", so our air force was grounded for the first 3 days, we had to drop the bombs in the sea, because disarming them will take too much time and will be too much Dangerous.

and to remind you, the 'bad case senario' is a total annihilation.

but i do think we need to give them more time. even that im affraid it will just let them hide there Nuclear reactors and stuff. they do it now.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

do you think the usa would have helped you if you did attack 1st?
i guess not.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

never mind that last post, it was the cold war. everything was a bit different back then.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

and to remind you, the 'bad case senario' is a total annihilation.

Of both Israel and Iran. The way nuclear bombs work is by saying 'if you bomb us, we bomb you'. I doubt that Iran ignores that Israel unofficially has the bomb.
DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

Nothing in his post actually indicates anything of that sort of bellicose action.

I read it the other way around. Nothing in his post, doesn't indicate that sort of action.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

I will say it again, the Bomb as a wepone is not the problme!
the problme is that it make this nation almost unstoppeble. they can be much much braver than now. now we can stop them. when they will get it, they will be able to start bullieng its neighborse. they will invade Iraq, i can assure you. they will send troops to syria in much larger scales. the Rebels start loosing now no matter of this, but with Iranian troops it will be a matter of months befor the rebelion will be crashed. assad will become teheran pet. and then what? rocket will bee fired on Israel from syria? all the Communities live in terror from cannons him directly on them?

im sorry, but this is not an option.

i say we dont need to attack Iran now, but i dont say we need to do-

"what should we do about Iran?"
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6hlbvnf0Q1r7s9nu.jpg
{hope it will work}

something as to be done, and not only for Israeel, but fir the "western" life and ways.

DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

I will say it again, the Bomb as a wepone is not the problme!

If that not the problem, then there is no other problems.

the problme is that it make this nation almost unstoppeble.

I didn't knew Iran was a superpower. I always thought USA was a superpower. Well my bad.

now we can stop them.

And we cant, when they get a nuclear?

they will invade Iraq, i can assure you.

The same way they invaded Afghanistan, when taliban was in power?

they will send troops to syria in much larger scales.

And other countries will support the rebels...

rocket will bee fired on Israel from syria?

Why would the rocked get fired from Syria at israel?

im sorry, but this is not an option.

The reason it not an options, is because it will never happen.

something as to be done, and not only for Israeel, but fir the "western" life and ways.

Because as soon Iran gets nuclear. They declare war, and conquer the most advanced and richest part of the world?

Don't misunderstand me, I do not support Iran and its government. And I couldn't care less about what Israel or any other country decide to do. What I do not agree with, is the reason you want to invade. You make it sound like, Iran will become some sort of a superpower, and will conquer and take away our freedom.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

*facepalm*

but this is the problme! I dont say Iran will conquer the world, but they will try to become a regional super power. so for you, maybe the fuel proces will rise. for me, it will be more wepones to hizballha.
eygwpt now Announced that they want a nuckelar reactor "for energy only" after visiting Iran. Iran sure became the No. 1# in the Energy buisness! they said at the start that it will be only for reaserch and energy, and now they say "we do, but its not fair that only Usa have nukes, we will destroy Israel and we dont want any Limitations on amoung of oranion or levels of it {therafor saying - we will make atom bombs materials}.

so what next? every atni-western nation will became a super power with an iron fist?

oh, and about Syria, you talk like its a war between two warlords. we will help No. 1, they will help No. 2. Assad is a tyrant. they want democracy {untill the Islamists and fashist groups will take over the revolution. and then we will have a new enemy who wush to die in the process of killing me and my fellow Israelians.

you make it sound like Iran just want more Refrigerators or they just want the world to be more "fair".

Iran is not just another western Country. they dont just want to live well. they have ambitions.

and no, Usa is not the only super power in the world. it sure the strongest one. but you need to be happy for that, and not a country like Iran is. because then you can say good bye for free Internet.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Fuel prices will jump when Israel attacks Iran, much more than if Iran grows even bigger balls. And how do you make a link between alleged weapon shipments to the Hizbollah, and the nuclear power?

I still find it quite hypocritic, at least coming from the West. And from Israel too considering they also built the bomb, actually. I mean it's like we are giving other countries gun powder to build fireworks and tell them to pretty please not use it for guns. Sarkozy went to so many countries and tried to sell nuclear plants, he even wanted to sell some to Ghaddafi.. of course the interest in nuclear energy rises.

Noone said that Iran was just another Western country. We know pertinently well that it's government is not a peaceful government. But a bomb does not suddenly make you a super-power. It needs more than that. And if all other countries in the Middle East were so supportive of Iran, then how do you think would they react to an attack?

Finally, what we need in order to prevent terrorism to spread too far is to support legitimate democratic movements, prevent a radicalisation of the movements, and help the people achieving better life standarts. We won't be able to do that by attacking their country.

DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

*facepalm*

*double facepalm*

but this is the problme!

Call me stupid, but I cant find the problem...

I dont say Iran will conquer the world, but they will try to become a regional super power.

They are already a regional superpower. Who do you think can challenge them in matter of military in that region? unless USA starts a serious rebuilding in Afghanistan, Iran will be unchallenged in that part of the world. And a nuclear wont change anything, since they already is superior in that region.

so for you, maybe the fuel proces will rise

As already mention, the fuel/oil prize will rise when a war happens in that region.

for me, it will be more wepones to hizballha

Iran wont do anything that they already not doing. I dont see why anything will change because of a nuclear.

Iran sure became the No. 1# in the Energy buisness!

At least they will provide something to the world then, instead of being useless no one. Cant see the bad part in this statement.

they said at the start that it will be only for reaserch and energy, and now they say "we do, but its not fair that only Usa have nukes, we will destroy Israel and we dont want any Limitations on amoung of oranion or levels of it {therafor saying - we will make atom bombs materials}.

ok...whats your point?

oh, and about Syria, you talk like its a war between two warlords. we will help No. 1, they will help No. 2.

call it what you want. warlords, faction, clans, regimes, governments or anything else. That wont change anything, somebody have to support one of them...

Assad is a tyrant. they want democracy {untill the Islamists and fashist groups will take over the revolution. and then we will have a new enemy who wush to die in the process of killing me and my fellow Israelians.

What you want with Syria? You speak as if you know what everyone in the entire world think. And I find it funny how everything have to be about Israel. You think everyone in the world want Israel death... I can assure you, no one cares about you or Israel. They want to live the best way possible in their country, like you. So for the love of humanity, stop falsely accuse people, and judge them as murders and terrorists.

you make it sound like Iran just want more Refrigerators or they just want the world to be more "fair".

I dont care what it sounds like. I just put facts, and if that make Iran sound like that, then it must be more or less true... Just imagine your country in Irans place, and tell me I am wrong.

Iran is not just another western Country.

That was not obvious. Thanks for stating that.

they dont just want to live well.

Explain please, why dont they want to live well? First time heard a country dont want to live well to be honest.

they have ambitions

Who dont?

and no, Usa is not the only super power in the world

I am pretty sure it is, if it is not, then my definition of a superpower is totally different from yours.

but you need to be happy for that, and not a country like Iran is

I would rather have a Scandinavian country to be a superpower, if that what you meant by your statement.

because then you can say good bye for free Internet.

My Internet is not free even now...

I repeat myself, I do not support Iran or its government. I just dont want people to give a bad excuses. If somebody want to attack Iran, then tell the truth, and say you dont like the Iran and its government. Tell them you want to attack them, because you disagree with them, and the way they live. or even say you dont agree with their opinions. Dont give excuses like ''they are building a nuclear, and is a threat to world peace'' or another statement like ''they want to take away our freedom, and destroy the western countries''. These statements are completely wrong, and false accusations. If you want something to be done, then tell the real reason. Dont give false reason just to gain support.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

it will be more wepones to hizballha.

Another thing about that. Iran has the capacity to strike back with long-distance missiles in case Israel attacks their nuclear facilities; some missiles being pre-dispositioned in Lebanon. In case Israel attacks, and they retaliate, they won't need a nuclear bomb to really hurt Israel.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Oh god!
So much negativity in the air!

Showing 91-105 of 119