307 posts
Nomad

what do you think

• 29 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Disregarding health issues, breathing in smoke and having a coughing fit is just plain annoying no matter where you are. It's relatively difficult to drink anything when you can't even breathe.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Even as a smoker, I hate sitting around a total smokey area - so i think there should be accomodation away from the non-smoking area where the smoke doesn't waft in. That way i can go for a smoke and come back into a fresher area for a drink.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Banning smoking in bars is utterly pointless. Why? If you've ever been to a bar you know why.

All the smokers are huddled right outside the front/back door. So the smoke wafts right in, and everyone has to walk through the smoke to get inside.

I'd be happy with a few ventilated, semi-enclosed areas where smoking was allowed. Simply so that I can enjoy my drink while smoking. And so that I can stay inside during less than fun weather.

misterevil
misterevil
19 posts
Nomad

i think that the smokers should be separated in a smoking area(by the way I'm 11 so i don't really care).

Uysername
Uysername
72 posts
Nomad

It's not, because they can choose a different bar. As I said, not the same schedule everywhere.

And with enough cleaning you can remove the smell of smoke. S'not that hard.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
512 posts
Peasant

no i dont want to inhale anybody smoke nasty fumes smoke stinks even if you smell it for 5 sec its horrible if you smoke regularly do yourself a favor and quit

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

All the smokers are huddled right outside the front/back door. So the smoke wafts right in, and everyone has to walk through the smoke to get inside.

One small coughing fit upon entering is much better than multiple coughing fits or one long continuous one while trying to enjoy oneself inside the bar.

Plus, it really isn't difficult to hold your breath for a few seconds when you step inside.
unknown456
unknown456
47 posts
Peasant

No, I dont think people should, for a couple of reasons. The one that sprang to my mind first is that alchohol is flammable, I mean just one mis-timed smoke could burn down the entire building. Then there's all the health risks but I'm not gonna to get into that.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

The one that sprang to my mind first is that alchohol is flammable, I mean just one mis-timed smoke could burn down the entire building.

Ethanol, yes. But a glass of beer wouldn't exactly ignite if you throw a cigarette in it besides if it was allowed the bar should provide ashtrays.

Then there's all the health risks but I'm not gonna to get into that.

Why not? That's the main reason. It has been shown lately that people working behind the bar are healthier and even look younger than before since smoking was prohibited.

The onyl disadvantage I heard of smoke-free bars/clubs is that now the smell of sweat of all the people isn't covered anymore ^^
Alexandra222
Alexandra222
2,779 posts
Nomad

There should be smoking areas OUTSIDE the bar away from the entrance instead of inside. The smoking area should be at the back of the bar away from the alchohol supply.

But as a personal opinion, people shouldn't just think of themselves when they smoke but everyone else. Smoking is like releasing a giant cloud of lung cancer that hides within the fresh air.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Honestly, if I can't smell it, I'm fine, much like Ernie, I'm one of those people who can't stand cigarette smoke, as a result going to a restaurant where I have to walk through choking clouds of smoke, or indeed entering my dorm where people think smoking on the patio two feet from the entrance is a great idea, is an odious experience. So while I would prefer it entirely if people didn't smoke inside, I'd rather they have there own little adjacent room, well ventilated preferably, rather than hanging about in front of the doors.

Showing 16-26 of 29